All Things 2019 QB Talk

countoff

3 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

They’re just getting that from the vip info that leaked and from the insiders on here. 

Wouldn’t Marcello or Marshall know something before CFBPremium2019 on Twitter? Lol

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I didn’t put much stock in it, because nobody with any street cred has said anything yet.

The Big Yellow Bird has all the street cred needed. :laugh: :wareagle:

18 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Wouldn’t Marcello or Marshall know something before CFBPremium2019 on Twitter? Lol

Lot of fake news are out there. 

5 minutes ago, WaynesAUworld said:

The Big Yellow Bird has all the street cred needed. :laugh: :wareagle:

His trigger finger didn’t turn to the Twitter finger though.

18 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

That’s what I said. Marcello posted that Nix will likely be the starter and it leaked 

Bo knows 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Interesting. I don't do Twitter

But you do tweet. 

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

49 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Lot of fake news are out there. 

0CFD63C2-6C7F-4E3E-9295-973D2505B048.gif

Thanks for the alley-oop pass Jeff.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

FWIW, hearing it's Bo.

Same. Also FWIW, the folks that were saying it was Bo were also saying the gap grew over the last few practices. Mark and Jason from ITAT were saying as much as someone mentioned earlier.

4 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

From the Vatican, right? Think I read about this in the Da Vinci code. 

Correct.  Black means a vote was taken but no Pope was elected.  White means they have a new Pope elected.

7 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

It sounds like Nix is pretty dern good. If he's "comfortably" winning the job over the guy people thought would be the shoe-in starter, then Joey is either not good at all (which I don't think is the case) or Nix can really run this offense well. Looking forward to August 31 more and more. 

I'm thinking that Nix has won the job, and it probably all came down to passing accuracy.

In the spring, when the QBs went "live", Gatewood got to showcase his strength: running.  And he obviously impressed.  But even then, I remember reading reports that Nix was the more accurate passer. 

With no "live" QB running on display in the fall, the coaches probably saw Nix outplay Gatewood regularly in the passing game.  And I guess he should, being the son of a good QB and having been a varsity starter since he was in the 8th grade (9th?).

No way Gatewood will stick around after this season if Nix secures himself as the starter going forward.  And I can't say as I'd blame him.

2 hours ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

Same. Also FWIW, the folks that were saying it was Bo were also saying the gap grew over the last few practices. Mark and Jason from ITAT were saying as much as someone mentioned earlier.

Yeah, pretty much for the last couple weeks it’s been speculated, if not known by all the beat writers that Bo was in the lead. And the distance separating the QBs has only gotten bigger.

Is Gus scared to name the starting QB? he must be. He's never started a true freshman QB since he's been Auburn's head coach.

To further go down the rumor vortex I heard that Sandberg is getting extra reps in case the 2nd string Qb bolts.  I think it was on the auburnsports podcast.  I think both QBs stay through the season at this point unless the ratio goes 95/5 or something like that. 

48 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

To further go down the rumor vortex I heard that Sandberg is getting extra reps in case the 2nd string Qb bolts.  I think it was on the auburnsports podcast.  I think both QBs stay through the season at this point unless the ratio goes 95/5 or something like that. 

It has been said walk on will Appleton has been much better than cord this spring who has been not good at all and his throwing motion is a disaster.

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

It has been said walk on will Appleton has been much better than cord this spring who has been not good at all and his throwing motion is a disaster.

I’m not sure about that.  Cord played decent in the A-Day game.  I think Cord is at least better than a disaster.  :laugh:

I hate to ask this but exactly why did we sign Cord again? 

You being real? I did read where Cord got most of the reps at the end of the last scrimmage Sunday. There was a great article about Appleton and how he’s kept his head up the whole time as a scout team qb.

9 minutes ago, toddc said:

You being real? I did read where Cord got most of the reps at the end of the last scrimmage Sunday. There was a great article about Appleton and how he’s kept his head up the whole time as a scout team qb.

Dead ass. Why would I waste time making up stories about the battle for third string!? Lol it was on 247 over the weekend.

27 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I’m not sure about that.  Cord played decent in the A-Day game.  I think Cord is at least better than a disaster.  :laugh:

As the father of a Auburn alum Jeff Foxworthy says if I'm lying I'm dying!!! Lol. It says Appleton is the much better passer of the 2 that is for sure. Cord can run sure but he looks like Chuck's golf swing throwing the ball and threw the most picks out of everyone all fall camp.

53 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Leadership. He's like 35 years old or something.

Siposs made a light-hearted jab at folks calling Cord the team dad because he is older than Cord lol.

Archived