Null



Sign in to follow this  
countoff

All Things 2019 QB Talk

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

They’re just getting that from the vip info that leaked and from the insiders on here. 

Wouldn’t Marcello or Marshall know something before CFBPremium2019 on Twitter? Lol

Edited by AuCivilEng1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




54 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I didn’t put much stock in it, because nobody with any street cred has said anything yet.

The Big Yellow Bird has all the street cred needed. :laugh: :wareagle:

  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Wouldn’t Marcello or Marshall know something before CFBPremium2019 on Twitter? Lol

Lot of fake news are out there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Wouldn’t Marcello or Marshall know something before CFBPremium2019 on Twitter? Lol

That’s what I said. Marcello posted that Nix will likely be the starter and it leaked 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WaynesAUworld said:

The Big Yellow Bird has all the street cred needed. :laugh: :wareagle:

His trigger finger didn’t turn to the Twitter finger though.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

That’s what I said. Marcello posted that Nix will likely be the starter and it leaked 

Bo knows 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Interesting. I don't do Twitter

But you do tweet. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Wouldn’t Marcello or Marshall know something before CFBPremium2019 on Twitter? Lol

49 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Lot of fake news are out there. 

0CFD63C2-6C7F-4E3E-9295-973D2505B048.gif

Thanks for the alley-oop pass Jeff.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bigbird said:

FWIW, hearing it's Bo.

Same. Also FWIW, the folks that were saying it was Bo were also saying the gap grew over the last few practices. Mark and Jason from ITAT were saying as much as someone mentioned earlier.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Black smoke is for deliberating.

 

From the Vatican, right? Think I read about this in the Da Vinci code. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

From the Vatican, right? Think I read about this in the Da Vinci code. 

Correct.  Black means a vote was taken but no Pope was elected.  White means they have a new Pope elected.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

It sounds like Nix is pretty dern good. If he's "comfortably" winning the job over the guy people thought would be the shoe-in starter, then Joey is either not good at all (which I don't think is the case) or Nix can really run this offense well. Looking forward to August 31 more and more. 

I'm thinking that Nix has won the job, and it probably all came down to passing accuracy.

In the spring, when the QBs went "live", Gatewood got to showcase his strength: running.  And he obviously impressed.  But even then, I remember reading reports that Nix was the more accurate passer. 

With no "live" QB running on display in the fall, the coaches probably saw Nix outplay Gatewood regularly in the passing game.  And I guess he should, being the son of a good QB and having been a varsity starter since he was in the 8th grade (9th?).

No way Gatewood will stick around after this season if Nix secures himself as the starter going forward.  And I can't say as I'd blame him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

Same. Also FWIW, the folks that were saying it was Bo were also saying the gap grew over the last few practices. Mark and Jason from ITAT were saying as much as someone mentioned earlier.

Yeah, pretty much for the last couple weeks it’s been speculated, if not known by all the beat writers that Bo was in the lead. And the distance separating the QBs has only gotten bigger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Gus scared to name the starting QB? he must be. He's never started a true freshman QB since he's been Auburn's head coach.

  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To further go down the rumor vortex I heard that Sandberg is getting extra reps in case the 2nd string Qb bolts.  I think it was on the auburnsports podcast.  I think both QBs stay through the season at this point unless the ratio goes 95/5 or something like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

To further go down the rumor vortex I heard that Sandberg is getting extra reps in case the 2nd string Qb bolts.  I think it was on the auburnsports podcast.  I think both QBs stay through the season at this point unless the ratio goes 95/5 or something like that. 

It has been said walk on will Appleton has been much better than cord this spring who has been not good at all and his throwing motion is a disaster.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

It has been said walk on will Appleton has been much better than cord this spring who has been not good at all and his throwing motion is a disaster.

I’m not sure about that.  Cord played decent in the A-Day game.  I think Cord is at least better than a disaster.  :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

It has been said walk on will Appleton has been much better than cord this spring who has been not good at all and his throwing motion is a disaster.

I hate to ask this but exactly why did we sign Cord again? 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

It has been said walk on will Appleton has been much better than cord this spring who has been not good at all and his throwing motion is a disaster.

You being real? I did read where Cord got most of the reps at the end of the last scrimmage Sunday. There was a great article about Appleton and how he’s kept his head up the whole time as a scout team qb.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, toddc said:

You being real? I did read where Cord got most of the reps at the end of the last scrimmage Sunday. There was a great article about Appleton and how he’s kept his head up the whole time as a scout team qb.

Dead ass. Why would I waste time making up stories about the battle for third string!? Lol it was on 247 over the weekend.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I hate to ask this but exactly why did we sign Cord again? 

Leadership. He's like 35 years old or something.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I’m not sure about that.  Cord played decent in the A-Day game.  I think Cord is at least better than a disaster.  :laugh:

As the father of a Auburn alum Jeff Foxworthy says if I'm lying I'm dying!!! Lol. It says Appleton is the much better passer of the 2 that is for sure. Cord can run sure but he looks like Chuck's golf swing throwing the ball and threw the most picks out of everyone all fall camp.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Leadership. He's like 35 years old or something.

Siposs made a light-hearted jab at folks calling Cord the team dad because he is older than Cord lol.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this