Murray: Fairley made me contemplate quitting

WFE12

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you weren’t at the game, there is/was no way to know of all of the THUG behavior by the mutts. It started before the game by jumping up and down on our logo. The THUGA lineman, especially the center, was continuously diving at our knees.(after what Hines Ward did to Jimmy Brumbaugh, I don’t care how many times we hit them late, etc.) . 2 of their DBs approached our huddle, during a timeout, on our sideline that instigated the ERIC Smith penalty for the throat slash. They’re a dirty program that cries about everything!

37 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

If you weren’t at the game, there is/was no way to know of all of the THUG behavior by the mutts. It started before the game by jumping up and down on our logo. The THUGA lineman, especially the center, was continuously diving at our knees.(after what Hines Ward did to Jimmy Brumbaugh, I don’t care how many times we hit them late, etc.) . 2 of their DBs approached our huddle, during a timeout, on our sideline that instigated the ERIC Smith penalty for the throat slash. They’re a dirty program that cries about everything!

They are the staple of the extracurricular. Because I live here among them I watch several of their games every year. They have incidents on the field with just about every team they play. They are a dirty entitled bunch, and they're fans are the worst I've ever encountered. 

4 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

The funny thing is, Murray isn't really talking about the so-called "cheap shot," which was just a late hit and was probably flagged.

It was. It was the only “cheap shot” by Fairley and it was indeed penalized. I was there. I remember. I also remember the fracas from the UGaY players all game. They can choke on it. I love it. I especially love that this loser is still whining about this particular game. Guess he doesn’t remember the blatant head shot he took against Alabama in 2012. Doesn’t have a problem with that.

The Murrays are trash. Aaron is a whiny insecure little puppy who should have stuck with flag football, and as another esteemed poster pointed out earlier, his POS brother Josh is a horrible person who is apparently abusive to women and is now, thankfully, a nobody. Their mother continues this Jihad against Auburn according to her twitter posts in 2017 which hilariously blew up in her face. I don’t care what or who thinks Fairley was dirty. So be it. Georgia can go to hell. I have infinitely more respect for Alabama than the mutts in Athens. 

17 hours ago, WFE12 said:

I had to sit up sleeping the next two weeks. I couldn’t even lay down. It was tough.”

This is that U swag type of stuff. And that is meant to be a compliment . I want more .

6 hours ago, WarTiger said:

Not singling you out just using it as a source for terminology.  Most people that use the term chop block really dont know what constitutes a chop block.  Its very often misused so i would be curious what uga was doing that makes you and others refer to it as a chop block.  I dont remember much of that game except Fairleys hit.  :lol:

I will always remember that hit. To answer your question, they were going for his knees using an illegal chop block. They would wait until Fairley was tied up with one OL and another OL would come in and use a low cut block on him. They were even going for his knees one on one after they made initial contact. Fairley didn't whine about it, he handled it.

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

Cheap shot or tone setter...

That's really what I feel like we miss in our pursuit to become a consistently elite DL. Guys are great, but I feel like there's not the urge to bury a QB. I think that helps explain why we've had so many elite pass rushers but not elite sack numbers

UGA ruined our playoff chances with what they did to Kerryon (I would agree with someone that says Gus shouldn't have relied on him like he did though). Whatever happens to that garbage program is okay to me

32 minutes ago, jenn4AU said:

Fans of a team that Hines Ward played for have no room to talk.....

I believe every team in America would want a Fairley or a Hines Ward that could prove their dominance. They played like players possessed and changed the game, superseding the physicality in the trenches. Glasshouses shatter when football factory schools complain about such stuff. Just look at what Georgia did to Shy Tuttle (clearly a dirty play @WarTiger). This is the kind of stuff that goes on and we’d rather have guys setting the tone than hoping the refs saw other players play too aggressive against us.  I was pissed when I saw a Bama OL sling one of our players down after the whistle just for us to do nothing about it. If we are getting our butts beat, at least play for your own pride. I would also be pissed if I knew my QB (Murray) was getting punished while the OL was doing nothing about it. 

93538764.jpg.28010.0_display_image.jpg?1

Ben+Jones+Georgia+v+Georgia+Tech+M9MrKxw

if we are are go against other alphas, we have to match up. Fairley answered the call.

I read somewhere that Shedrick Jackson has a little Hines Ward in him. He played extra physical and rattled our defensive unit’s cages during spring drills. Will be awesome if he plays like that in the fall.

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

UGA ruined our playoff chances with what they did to Kerryon (I would agree with someone that says Gus shouldn't have relied on him like he did though). Whatever happens to that garbage program is okay to me

That will forever irk me. Other stuff pissed me off that day too. Just an all around bad day.

9 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

That will forever irk me. Other stuff pissed me off that day too. Just an all around bad day.

I guess we shouldve expected it at some point, the guy got hurt like 2-3 times during the RS. I truly do blame Gus more than UGA, but it'd be alot easier to lean the other way if we didn't keep it within one score for most of the game, plus get past the 50 yard line repeatedly. If he could've been 50%, instead of 0%, it's a different game

I remember, in one of the more recent games with GA, seeing their defenders intentionally stick their hands in one of our guy's crotches. Like literally trying to stick his hand up in his backside. It was disgusting. 🤮 If I knew how to find it and post it, I would. 

Just tried to google it to see if I could find it. Instead, I found a Clemson player doing that to an Ohio State player. Maybe I remembered it incorrectly. I could have sworn it was UGA, but maybe I was wrong.

As others have stated, being in JHS that night you could clearly see everything that uga was doing. Just complete trash. I don't agree with purposely trying to hurt a player after the whistle...but damn did they have that hit coming. Also, some of the things the Georgia fans were saying after the game walking out of the stadium...biggest bunch of babies in the country. Auburn lives rent free in their heads. I love it. 

21 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Exactly. I love him for how mean he was and we really need more of that back. Probably more so on offense. And I would also hate him for it if I were the other team. Buuuuuuuut...

...those crybaby whiners- really restraining myself here with my choice of words- go waaaaaaay too far with it. As in, they're still whining about it. 9 years later. They're the worst fans I've ever encountered. Yes, bammers are the scum of the earth, but at least they're not so damned whiny about everything. And at least they have the hardware to back it up. 

Dwag fans (I wont even call them UGA) are some of the most hypocritical and abnoxious aholes there are. 2006 and 2007 games dwag players continually took cheap shots on Brandon Cox, but apparently they condone that bs as long as it's not their qb. Fairly was dirty as hell, but there team was dirty as hell for years under St. Richt. I havent noticed a big change with Kirby to be honest. They continually piled on the Cam Newton thing calling him a piece of trash yet vehemently defended Todd Gurley saying the memorabilia dealer that dimed him out was this scum of the earth yet never once blamed Gurley for breaking NCAA rules. They are trash. I could go on and on. 

I lived north of ATL for a few years and I can vouch for the fact that thuga fans are highly delusional. I was actually living there during the 2010 season . . . it was great!

12 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

I will always remember that hit. To answer your question, they were going for his knees using an illegal chop block. They would wait until Fairley was tied up with one OL and another OL would come in and use a low cut block on him. They were even going for his knees one on one after they made initial contact. Fairley didn't whine about it, he handled it.

The bolded part is what I was looking for.  They definitely went after him.  The bolded part above is the very definition of a chop block.  Oh, there's no such thing as a legal chop block, so there's no reason to make the distinction of it being an illegal chop block.  It's just a chop block and by definition illegal.  The reason I asked was most often people refer to a single player low block as a chop block and its not.  A lot of people refer to a single player blocking at the back of the knees a chop block... it's not, its a clip.  A low block by one player is perfectly legal (with some exceptions of course).   The block below the waist thing is something I wish they would make illegal for everybody on the field (except in free blocking zone) like it is in the high school game.

At Auburn in the late 80s. Just another level of trash and thuggery when ga came to town. I remember the first time I experienced it I thought Man, this is 10x worse than bama or lsu. Just flat out trash.

Fairley did some dirty stuff but they were doing it to him too.  The hit on Murray’s knee that he was so upset about really wasn’t dirty to me.  It looked like Fairley was cut by their lineman and he was hustling and trying to get to the QB.  The hit on the knee looked to be accidental.  

On 7/19/2019 at 2:34 PM, mcgufcm said:

The funny thing is, Murray isn't really talking about the so-called "cheap shot," which was just a late hit and was properly flagged.

He's really complaining about the legal hit in his chest. That's where he cracked his sternum. That wasn't flagged because it wasn't illegal. There was only one play that warranted any reaction, and it drew a flag. People complained about the plays where Fairley landed on QBs, but it wasn't illegal then. They have since changed the rule, but he was completely within the rules back then.

You nailed it. 

I recall one game recently (I believe it was the 2015 LSU game) where LSU was killing us in the 2nd half and everytime they kicked off to us that half, their guys were headhunting, trying to make the highlight reel helmet-to-helmet lick or at least a brutal lick, which they were definitely accomplishing, fueled by the bench, crowd and the previous licks. 

Point being, those licks weren’t illegal then. They are now. Even though it sucked watching them lay out our guys, I would have been cheering had the roles been reversed.

And I cheered every damn lick Fairley gave that season, illegal by today’s rules or not.

My favorite the sack on Jordan Jefferson when he split a double-team, picked him up and earholed him. Brutal, brutal sack landing with all his weight on Jefferson. Some call it dirty, but it was allowed then.

https://i.imgur.com/bvmEj8q.gif

20 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

That's really what I feel like we miss in our pursuit to become a consistently elite DL. Guys are great, but I feel like there's not the urge to bury a QB. I think that helps explain why we've had so many elite pass rushers but not elite sack numbers

Dee Ford the last DE with elite sack numbers. 

Carl Lawson could have been. 

I believe the combination of elite OTs in the SEC combined with the fact the SEC officials are not calling holding anymore unless it’s from behind or a throwdown have been the two main factors why SEC DEs don’t have the high number of sacks anymore. 

21 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

They high/lowed him every time they could ...one would stand him up and the adjacent lineman went for his knees......and often chased after him blocking from behind even when the play was going the other way... Got him a few times and were certainly trying to "take him out" and refs were pretty much ignoring the stuff......but don't recall the NF every complained about it.   He just hit Murray or the running backs harder in response. 

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 3:16 PM, Barnacle said:

I don't agree with this at all. I completely accept that we don't know everything that happened on the line that day, but I don't believe anything excuses a hit like that. I'll grant you that I've seen worse hits, but the nature of the hit - with the crown of Fairley's helmet aimed to the middle of Murray's back crosses the line for me. That hit could have easily ended Murray's career. To me, that's like throwing at a batter's head, which is still never acceptable in baseball. I'm not saying that doesn't happen in baseball, but that's bush league too. Even if Georgia's linemen were hi-low'ing Fairley, which is also incredibly dangerous, I don't think it excuses Fairley's hit. Neither have a place in the game. 

I can agree with that last sentence.  The plan when they go out onto the field is for them to follow the rules. You know what they say in the military about plans right ? "A battle plan is only good until the first shot is fired" or "no battle plan survives first contact with the enemy." I'm sure Fairley asked them nicely to stop trying to blow out his knee the first 5 times and then he probably even said "please" 2 or 3 times. But at some point he noticed the UGa players weren't using the rule book anymore and he was in a war. 

Archived