Murray: Fairley made me contemplate quitting

WFE12

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

You said what Rosegreen was completely different than what Fairley did. I’d like to know in what way. 

Nowhere did I say that

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Nowhere did I say that

“Talking about something completely different here

Just now, aujeff11 said:

“Talking about something completely different here

You quoted me out of context. The kind of circumstances I was talking about are completely different than the kind you were discussing.

6 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

You quoted me out of context. The kind of circumstances I was talking about are completely different than the kind you were discussing.

So for full disclosure, you think what Rosegreen did isn’t reprehensible, but what Fairley did is?

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

So for full disclosure, you think what Rosegreen did isn’t reprehensible, but what Fairley did is?

You still don't understand. I was talking about in-game circumstances. As in, it doesn't matter to me what other players may have been doing to Fairley. Those circumstances don't justify the hit. You are talking about things like public perceptions, and what was generally accepted by the public at the time. Totally different use of the word circumstances.

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

You still don't understand. I was talking about in-game circumstances. As in, it doesn't matter to me what other players may have been doing to Fairley. Those circumstances don't justify the hit. You are talking about things like public perceptions, and what was generally accepted by the public at the time. Totally different use of the word circumstances.

I think it’s plausible speculation that Fairley reacted the way he did over what the opponents were doing to him. And I’m talking about the spearing, not the chinning. The chinning was thuggish, no doubt about it. 

But in general, extra aggressive hits in the past have been viewed less evil and much more closer to appropriate to the game. Societal conditioning? Jr clearly says he tried to hurt him but we all know he was playing within the rules then. 

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

@Barnacle

tumblr_inline_o4y333XFZJ1srob4n_400.gif

Wave off! Wave off!

Did you become a mod thanks to the local career center? 

You claim to coach DBs, but didn’t even know the positioning principles of Cover 0.

Asking for a friend.

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I think it’s plausible speculation that Fairley reacted the way he did over what the opponents were doing to him. And I’m talking about the spearing, not the chinning. The chinning was thuggish, no doubt about it. 

But in general, extra aggressive hits in the past have been viewed less evil and much more closer to appropriate to the game. Societal conditioning? Jr clearly says he tried to hurt him but we all know he was playing within the rules then. 

My original quote was in response to that speculation, and I agree that it was speculation. There's no doubt that the boundaries set by the games rules have a relationship to what is considered appropriate or not. I think you are dead on about that.

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Did you become a mod thanks to the local career center? 

You claim to coach DBs, but didn’t even know the positioning principles of Cover 0.

Asking for a friend.

Did you become a dick from the local whore house? 

Asking for a bunch of random guys

Just now, DAG said:

Me entering a thread after seeing that HOT icon:

giphy.gif

Then you see why...

tenor.gif

23 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Did you become a dick from the local whore house? 

Asking for a bunch of random guys

Sure. Why not. And tell my admirers I said hello.

yu6yu.gif

tyyty.gif

Caveat: I only read 1st & this page of thread 😁 but surely somebody pointed out the SERIES of chopblocks on fairley before he took it out on poor whittle murray. SEC refs actually called UGa for it once then wouldn't call it again. Like FSU vs UF back in the day when FSU stopped the fun & gun by illegally impeding UF WRs all game, cynically (but correctly) assuming the refs simply would not flag it every play. 

21 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

thought I hit like

I was about to say! Show some love for blue face my guy 

18 hours ago, DAG said:

I was about to say! Show some love for blue face my guy 

Yeah he better respect his crippin!!!

IMG_1943.GIF

On a sidenote Murray is god awful on XM radio........................... plus being a little dirty player is not all bad hell I was as dirty as they get. Broke a few legs, fingers and punch in the snapper slappers

47 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

On a sidenote Murray is god awful on XM radio........................... plus being a little dirty player is not all bad hell I was as dirty as they get. Broke a few legs, fingers and punch in the snapper slappers

And that was playing golf! 😂 Hate to see what you’d do in football..

Archived