2019 Season Record Prediction Thread

Win4AU

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

As far as chastising goes, you might want to look up the definition.  Using words incorrectly makes you look like a...dumbass.

All I said was you forgot one. Maybe if you weren't so sensitive and so obviously feeling inadequate you wouldn't be looking for things that aren't there. Grow up. Time to lose the little man syndrome.

You might want to read the forum rules before pretending to be a Mod:

3) Watch the name-calling. Grow up and act like adults.

Instead of constantly antagonizing and harrassing posters, you should attempt to set an example. You’re an embarrassment to this forum and what a Mod is supposed to be, which includes breaking up arguments instead of instigating and continuing them till the bitter end. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Scotty2Hotty said:

You might want to read the forum rules before pretending to be a Mod:

3) Watch the name-calling. Grow up and act like adults.

Instead of constantly antagonizing and harrassing posters, you should attempt to set an example. You’re an embarrassment to this forum and what a Mod is supposed to be, which includes breaking up arguments instead of instigating and continuing them till the bitter end. 

I did set an example.

I posted "dumbass" and you continue to show up.

25 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Before my prediction we should be very thankful that we SHOULD have a top THREE defense this year. Otherwise this could be a hideous season.

1. Oregon will just be too much too soon. We might have five seniors on the OL but they haven’t been a top tier unit yet. The ducks return a tremendous amount of talent and I think it’s too much of a test for week one with a redshirt freshman at quarterback (I’ll bet a case of beer Gatewood starts).

(0-1)

2. Tulane should be an easy win but I do always hate how we don’t pour it on with teams like this and get our backups in and keep trying to score. These teams are there to play not to be treated like children.

(1-1)

3. Kent State has Woody Barrett at quarterback and I hope he has a career day. Always liked the kid and I’m glad he found somewhere a little more fitting of his ability level. That being said, I’m sure it’ll be a blowout.

(2-1)

4. Texas A&M beats us. I don’t think it’ll be a huge loss but it would surprise me to see any other outcome. This could be the linchpin game of the season that determines if we spiral or soar.

(2-2)

5. Mississippi State bearing is last year was absolutely idiotic. That was a terrible team and now they’re without the man that really carried them. If we don’t pull out a win here Gus might get a Les Miles treatment.

(3-2)

6. Florida is overrated. Franks isn’t consistent and isn’t even all that great when he’s doing well. Our defense should absolutely overwhelm him. Mullen’s defense will agitate us but if our offense isn’t clicking at this point in the season it’s not looking good.

(4-2)

7. Arkansas almost doesn’t belong in the SEC anymore. They should be heading in the right direction though but I don’t see them improving enough to challenge us.

(5-2)

8. LSU, like Georgia, is infuriating because I feel like they’re the two teams most likely to beat us when they shouldn’t. Last year’s game was the most rigged BS I’ve seen in my life as the refs handed them every opportunity to score possible. That being said, O’s coordinators are legitimate and his recruiting will keep them competitive. While I don’t think coach O is a great coach, LSU is a tough team and playing it in Death Valley with a young QB isn’t promising.

(5-3)

9. Ole Miss should be looking for a new coach after this season. If we lose this game I’ll call U-haul for Gus before he can even get home.

(6-3)

10. Georgia beats us. Defense and home field advantage keeps it from being embarrassing. Young quarterback, difference in recruiting, and coaching make the difference. Let’s just tee off on Fromm and give UGA fans a new Nick Fairley to cry about. Derrick Brown that’s your job. 

(6-4)

11. Samford, thanks for the breather. Bo Nix throws for a million.

(7-4)

12. Alabama beats us. I think our defense will keep things from being ugly but Saban should eat up a young quarterback and barely above average OL apart.

(7-5)

Then we win some meaningless game against some ACC school (they’re all essentially trash outside of Clemson). Please give us a FSU rematch pleaaaaaasssssseeeeee. 

(8-5) bye Gus

I can see this happening with one change. If we're 7-5 after Bama then it's bye Gus before the bowl game. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

As far as chastising goes, you might want to look up the definition.  Using words incorrectly makes you look like a...dumbass.

Chastise:

Synonym: berate, criticize

Was used correctly, Mod. 

41 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Florida is overrated. Franks isn’t consistent and isn’t even all that great when he’s doing well. Our defense should absolutely overwhelm him. 

Agreed. Mullen is like Gus. He succeeds most with a DT QB. We have one. They don’t. I believe our stunners every 12-13 years at the Swamp continue. Maybe not as dramatic as Nix to Sanders or the Byrum chomp, but I believe we’ll pull it out late in the 4th quarter. 

21 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

If I were you, I'd be embarrassed too, dumbass.

23 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Chastise:

Synonym: berate, criticize

Was used correctly, Mod. 

FYI, synonyms don't necessarily have the same meaning of the words they replace. 

chastise

verb
chas·tise | \ (ˌ)cha-ˈstīz  \
chastised; chastising

Definition of chastise

transitive verbal

1: to censure severely : CASTIGATE The coach chastised the players for their mistakes.
2: to inflict punishment on (as by whipping)
e49eb686-3564-4a40-897a-3bc631169881_tex

The fact that you felt "criticized" or "berated" when I said, "you missed one" proves just how insecure you are.  

I suck at predicting theses lol who doesn't right ? hehe but here goes 

Oregon - Auburn 34, Oregon 24 - D steps up big late in the game

Tulane - Auburn 56, Tulane 7

Kent State - Auburn 59, Kent State 3

@ Texas A&M - Auburn 27, Texas A&M 30 - unfortunately I think we drop this one early A&M had us beat last year guys before choking they'll be ready this year

Mississippi State - Auburn 63, Mississippi State 14

@ Florida - Auburn 35, Florida 17

@ Arkansas - Auburn 45, Arkansas 20

@ LSU - Auburn 24, LSU 35 - we haven't won there in awhile I don't see us doing it this year either sadly the last two losses  to LSU have sucked badly we had them beat, only to let them march right back and beat us

Ole Miss - Auburn 48, Ole Miss 17

Georgia - Auburn 37, Georgia 36 - I feel we like we have a good shot at beating both bammer and Georgia this year however I think  we only beat one

Samford - Auburn 55, Samford 0

Alabama - Auburn 26, Alabama 28 -  as much as it pains me to say it as long as they have Tua they are gonna be hard to beat! I think our D will hold its own in this game. but Tua is the difference unfortunately!

9-3 and a possible trip to a NY6 bowl

10 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Wonder which of Tulane, Kent State, or Samford we're going to lose. 

lol I can see it now its the second game of the season we are leading the mighty Tulane Green Wave 38-0 at halftime but in the second half something happens Tulane comes out in the second half holding the Auburn offense in check and throttling the Auburn D while storming back to win 42-38 the next day Gus receives a brick through his window along with a note from  Bill Curry that reads "Now you know what it feels like eh Gus?"

8 hours ago, gr82be said:

I can see this happening with one change. If we're 7-5 after Bama then it's bye Gus before the bowl game. 

well im not so sure about that we just fired Leath I don't how much authority Gogue will have as interim and if they do find a replacement before the end of the season I cant see them telling Green & a new prez to make a decision on Gus just like that I never root for us to have a bad season. but Gus is most likely safe even with a seven win season it would probably take a 2008/2012 type season along with missing a bowl game for him to be out this year!

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

If I were you, I'd be embarrassed too, dumbass.

FYI, synonyms don't necessarily have the same meaning of the words they replace. 

chastise

verb
chas·tise | \ (ˌ)cha-ˈstīz  \
chastised; chastising

Definition of chastise

transitive verbal

1: to censure severely : CASTIGATE The coach chastised the players for their mistakes.
2: to inflict punishment on (as by whipping)
e49eb686-3564-4a40-897a-3bc631169881_tex

The fact that you felt "criticized" or "berated" when I said, "you missed one" proves just how insecure you are.  

Damn Bird. Whats gotten into you?  Whats the scenario?

13 minutes ago, beaumak said:

Damn Bird. Whats gotten into you?  Whats the scenario?

Too much?

On 7/20/2019 at 10:57 AM, cctiger said:

Agreed. The OL is the heart of the O. Do not really expect to see a whole lot of improvement from last year, not because lack of heart, but lack of talent due to lack of OL recruiting. Losses to Bama, Ga, LSU, and probably 2 more losses somewhere between Oregon, A&M, Fla, Miss.St. Between them 4, Gus will more than likely(as seen in the past)have a couple of brain farts and give 2 of those away. 7-5. Don't even want to think about the bowl. Folks, I so hope that I am wrong and that this season turns out to be one of the best yet. War Eagle! 

I think our O-line will be vastly improved over 2018. I see those guys getting it done in the trenches. Our defense should be improved as well. I like our chances of being a much improved team. I think we can win 9 maybe 10 games in the regular season. Looking forward to kick off with Oregon!

11 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Wonder which of Tulane, Kent State, or Samford we're going to lose. 

Kent State, of course.

Then Woody Barrett goes all Dameyune Craig on Gus afterwards. :beer2:

....not really, of course. :whistle:

7-5 or 8-4 . I hope I am wrong.

Freshman QB's are a big unknown. JG will have to be prolific as a runner early in the season if we are to get passed A&M. Some people are predicting a championship

season but with our schedule it is going to be difficult

Losses:

Oregon - They are a solid team with an experienced O-line and a lot of returning players on defense. Their defense is not as good as ours but it won't have to be. First start for a Freshman QB and on the road

Florida - Could go either way and I hope it goes ours

LSU - At red-stick what can I say

Georgia - Too much talent and experience

Alabama - Too much talent and experience

I think Gus returns for 2020 unless we have a losing record. I think the buyout will still be over ($25) million at the end of this season. I will say that if I were a wealthy booster I would be more inclined to subsidize a buyout now that Leath is gone. Still the numbers are pretty large for a buyout and new staff contracts plus a FOF.  We are talking some attention getting $$$ even for a multi-millionaire. I have a couple of them in my wife's family and believe me they watch their money.

I don't pretend to have a football crystal ball. I don't pretend I can foretell the future. Plus, we haven't even started fall practice, so we don't know who will be injured, beat out, or thrown out.

Lots of people seem optimistic about CGM calling plays. What he demonstrated in the Purdue game was the same old offense he has always called. Run into the line, sweep, and throw it long. Against a crappy 6-6 team like Purdue which never sees that kind of O in the B1G, it works. Against SEC teams who have seen it over and over and over, not so much.

Oregon - L (with no experienced QB and no dominant RB, AU drops the opener)
Tulane - W
Kent State - W
A&M - tossup possible W
Miss State - W
Florida - tossup probable L (AU is 1 of 5 vs UF outside Jordan Hare in the past 14 yr & this will be UF Homecoming game)
Arkansas - W
LSU - L (AU has lost its last 9 trips to Baton Rouge, has not won there since 1999)
Ole Miss - W
UGA - L
Samford - W
Bama _ L

Probably 7-5. I think it's likely that Auburn loses either the A&M or UF game.
Best scenario -- Auburn loses only to LSU, UGA and Bama for a 9-3 record.
Worst scenario - Auburn loses to both A&M and UF and ends up 6-6.

Honestly the quarterback position alone makes it impossible to predict even the first game. We have 2 options - both with amazing talents and neither with any in-game experience. I mean starting at home for your first game against LA Monroe would give them jitters. Their first time playing in a real college game will be a Night game,  on the road, ABC national televised “college game of the opening week”, with espn college game day broadcasting, against a top 10 team with an nfl ready QB and the top returning OL in the country. That is a LOT of pressure.

Segway: Some of you guys who antagonize open yourself up to that energy and then want to play the victim. I have antagonized in the past and when I got the energy back, I had to deal with the consequences or apologize for leading it down that path. Stop antagonizing and then acting like the victim.

Back to regular scheduling program: This is so petty of me but I truly want Gus and Auburn to surprise the hell out of folks on here, especially those rooting against him indirectly.

On 7/20/2019 at 6:06 PM, ellitor said:

Yeah but for who? Us or them?

Of course them all of them, including the bammers (especially the ugas and bammers). I was watched the Purdue highlights yesterday. And even though we dominated, we did looks sloppy at times. All of that sloppiness needs to be cleaned up.

I think uat and uga will both worse than expected by most. I think AU or LSU take the west and uat misses the CFP this year. Think UF takes the east. West wins no matter who it is. If Gus will call it with confidence and not over thinking it, AU could go 11-1 or 12-0 in regular season. Team has the talent just needs to jell and find some chemistry. Also need some leaders to step up. Right now I think we might have the most taken we have seen in a while and the best position coaches in a long time. We just need to bring the swagger now. War Eagle! Let’s  get started and stomp the Ducks.

Archived