2019 Season Record Prediction Thread

Win4AU

Well I like your optimism EE7. I sure hope we step up and win some of these 50/50 games. I really want to beat Uga or LSU (or both). 

My thoughts on Uga and Uat is that they will be great again. Both have relatively weak schedules. I hope Notre Dame and beat Uga early. Only other team on their schedule can maybe beat them is us and maybe TAM. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been absent a while.  Been through some transition in my life, but maybe i can post more now.  It is hard to wager a guess how successful we will be not knowing how the Qb situation is going to turn out.  We know we are good defensively, but a crippled offense will bring about a crippled defense.  Short fields will hurt a defense. Tired bodies  and dejected spirits will hurt a defense.

With all that said, the odds say Au is set to have a good season, BECAUSE they are not expected to.  They have the players.  I will not project a record, just that the GUS haters will be disappointed... lol   

6 hours ago, lost said:

I have been absent a while. 

So you might say that you've been....."lost"?

I think we will be somewhere around 9-3 or 8-4. There are so many variables that we could be a little better or much worse. I think our ceiling is 10-2. I think our base is 6-6. Oregon will really be an eye opener one way or another. 

On 7/20/2019 at 7:02 AM, countoff said:

7-5 or 6-6.

Early losses to Oregon and aTm send the program into a death spiral and this board goes nuts.  Out of sheer fear for his safety, Gus is fired immediately after the Georgia game.  But on the bright side, Auburn dads will have more quality time on Saturdays with their kids and Auburn husbands will please their wives by finally getting around to painting the garage.

Obviously I hope I am completely wrong and I get unmercifully ridiculed in December.  But I don't buy in to the "improved offensive line" and our schedule is too tough.

And then in comes Dennis Allen

On 7/23/2019 at 11:21 AM, CodeRocket said:

7-5 or 8-4 . I hope I am wrong.

Freshman QB's are a big unknown. JG will have to be prolific as a runner early in the season if we are to get passed A&M. Some people are predicting a championship

season but with our schedule it is going to be difficult

Losses:

Oregon - They are a solid team with an experienced O-line and a lot of returning players on defense. Their defense is not as good as ours but it won't have to be. First start for a Freshman QB and on the road

Florida - Could go either way and I hope it goes ours

LSU - At red-stick what can I say

Georgia - Too much talent and experience

Alabama - Too much talent and experience

I think Gus returns for 2020 unless we have a losing record. I think the buyout will still be over ($25) million at the end of this season. I will say that if I were a wealthy booster I would be more inclined to subsidize a buyout now that Leath is gone. Still the numbers are pretty large for a buyout and new staff contracts plus a FOF.  We are talking some attention getting $$$ even for a multi-millionaire. I have a couple of them in my wife's family and believe me they watch their money.

this wont be a championship season im afraid there are just too many questions if we get past Oregon & A&M during that first five game stretch great but October man with three straight road games sure we get a bye week in that stretch however I feel like we lose to someone in October on the road if we are somehow 5-0 coming out of September , as of right I think we lose to LSU to close out October!

I still think we finish with no less than nine wins but for some reason this schedule also gives me a 2011 type vibe when I look at it I know folks may not wanna hear that because 2011 was brutal in its own right!

Even if this is another mid season, I dont think it'll be because of Gus. I think regardless of who is QB, the guy is going to do everything he can to make this offense look presentable, which I know, per his own words, he hasnt done at times in the past 

Archived