148th Open Championship at Royal Portrush

Auburn Kev

Surprised no one started a thread for The Open Championship. I have enjoyed watching immensely. Shane Lowry, of Ireland, had an unbelievable 3rd round. Shot an 8 under 63 to finish the 3rd Round at 16 under. I will be pulling for him to win it all.

Tommy Fleetwood was bogey free on Saturday, finishing at 12 under.

Brooks Koepka closed strong and finished at 9 under.

Sunday going to be a fantastic finish, hopefully, the weather will not be a bad as forecast.

Going to be a shame that Brooks has a good chance to be Top 2 at all the Majors this year and only one win. 

58 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Going to be a shame that Brooks has a good chance to be Top 2 at all the Majors this year and only one win. 

Was looking at the PGA money winners 2019. Brooks leads at over $7 million. While this may sting, I think he'll be ok.

5 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Was looking at the PGA money winners 2019. Brooks leads at over $7 million. While this may sting, I think he'll be ok.

Yes between that and his smokeshow girlfriend I think you are right. That will help ease the pain! haha.

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yes between that and his smokeshow girlfriend I think you are right. That will help ease the pain! haha.

Us golfers always have the best looking females

YIKES 4 straight bogeys to open his round today for Koepka. That took away any chance Brooks had of being 2nd place at all 4 majors this year. He is the last guy I would of expected this to happen to today. Never ever seem him play this bad before. What a Meltdown. 

Just now, augolf1716 said:

No only place outside the US I've played is Canada. 

Jamaica for me. Were you a member at Bay Hill?

2 minutes ago, alexava said:

Jamaica for me. Were you a member at Bay Hill?

No not a member just knew someone who could get me on for free. I played it quite a bit in the 90's Arnie always had a set tee time for 12:00 everyday with his foursome. He was always very open to talk to you especially on the putting green.

1 hour ago, Auburn Kev said:

Don't wish that on my worst enemy. I got them once in my playing days took me 2 weeks of hard work and mental games to get rid of

7 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

No not a member just knew someone who could get me on for free. I played it quite a bit in the 90's Arnie always had a set tee time for 12:00 everyday with his foursome. He was always very open to talk to you especially on the putting green.

What about Isleworth?

8 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

That's a shank?

It just looks like one of my standard approach shots....

....after all this time...

Now I'm embarrassed.  :slapfh:

12 hours ago, alexava said:

What about Isleworth?

Yet I've played it a few times it's an OK course really nothing special as for the course itself imo. I will say you do run into a lot of pro's who were living there .Beautiful homes and at that time I only lived about 2 miles from the course in Windermere

17 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Don't wish that on my worst enemy. I got them once in my playing days took me 2 weeks of hard work and mental games to get rid of

I have got them 3 or 4 times. If I try to practice or work it out it destroys my game. I have to go home or at least leave the course for as long as possible. 

The last time was about 10 years ago the day before my club championship started. It started on the 12 th hole of a practice round we had a laid back 5 some. I was the only person in this group that was expected to make the championship flight. I scored the hell out of one of my buddies ( lucky I didn’t hurt him. The ball shot 45 degrees right and ricocheted around the inside of his cart about four times. 

30 minutes ago, alexava said:

I have got them 3 or 4 times. If I try to practice or work it out it destroys my game. I have to go home or at least leave the course for as long as possible. 

The last time was about 10 years ago the day before my club championship started. It started on the 12 th hole of a practice round we had a laid back 5 some. I was the only person in this group that was expected to make the championship flight. I scored the hell out of one of my buddies ( lucky I didn’t hurt him. The ball shot 45 degrees right and ricocheted around the inside of his cart about four times. 

Worst thing a golfer can get even worst then the yips...............imo

Archived