LSU'S locker room renovations

WFE12

...There is only 1 small bathroom though...😎

In all seriousness, we're approaching the point of absurdity with these facilities arms races. I realize that it is imperative to garner the attention of premium athletes, but this moves us further and further away from the purpose of the educational institution. I'd also love to see that money (yes I realize that it's mostly from private donations to the athletic program) used for the betterment and education of the student population as a whole rather than a few pampered athletes. Don't get me wrong, I love my football, but it is getting to the point of needing some serious scrutiny in the context of it's importance.

yeah first glance its impressive, but kind of silly. Just another gimmick.

Auburn's is just as nice without the beds but does seem cramped.

We need something like this. Our locker room laughably average considering how new it is compared to how these other top-notch programs' locker rooms.

On 7/22/2019 at 10:43 AM, madkat7 said:

...There is only 1 small bathroom though...😎

In all seriousness, we're approaching the point of absurdity with these facilities arms races. I realize that it is imperative to garner the attention of premium athletes, but this moves us further and further away from the purpose of the educational institution. I'd also love to see that money (yes I realize that it's mostly from private donations to the athletic program) used for the betterment and education of the student population as a whole rather than a few pampered athletes. Don't get me wrong, I love my football, but it is getting to the point of needing some serious scrutiny in the context of it's importance.

I sure agree.

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 11:19 AM, Tiger said:

We need something like this. Our locker room laughably average considering how new it is compared to how these other top-notch programs' locker rooms.

Can't agree.....first this is a proposal...probably will happen but LSU getting laughed at nationally for spending the money....and JMO but they better have a team to match it.   JMO but this is what teams/schools do when they a feeling second class...

Pods look rather narrow..........I have settlement builds in Fallout 4 that make more sense from a design standpoint........NEXT!!!

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Can't agree.....first this is a proposal...probably will happen but LSU getting laughed at nationally for spending the money....and JMO but they better have a team to match it.   JMO but this is what teams/schools do when they a feeling second class...

Auburn wouldn't know anything about that....

*cough* Jumbo Tron *cough*....

:poke:

28 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Auburn wouldn't know anything about that....

*cough* Jumbo Tron *cough*....

:poke:

Could be...…...but does not change the truth about LSU ...or AU.    fans looking for something to make them feel …."meaningful"    perhaps....                    

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

Could be...…...but does not change the truth about LSU ...or AU.    fans looking for something to make them feel …."meaningful"    perhaps....                    

It's all silliness IMO.  I'm just seeing the humor in it.

The country, & world in general, is spiraling out of control and stuff like this is a small example of how ridiculous we're getting. 

As I get older (not to mention the new perspective that was thrust upon me over the last 12 months) I'm just ready for football. 

I'll let others with the time & inclination wring their hands over bathrooms, locker rooms & that kind of stuff.

I'll just sit right here.... :beer2:

On 7/27/2019 at 9:37 AM, AU64 said:

What?

LSU unveiled this thing a week ago.  Parents/players, etc were touring on the 24th.  LSU's new AD just announced that the AD will cut their annual contributions to Academics by more than half what they've given academics over the past 5 yrs.  LSU's AD gave $50MM over 5 yrs to Academics and Woodward just cut that down to +/-$4MM/yr.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/multimedia/photos/collection_77106798-ae5c-11e9-92bc-9fa1c006867a.html#1

All that $ spent and they will spend millions to renovate in what 7-8 years? I suppose the team likes it, but those loungers look like purple Dennys furniture to me. Its silly.

Archived