Null



Sign in to follow this  
aucanucktiger

Auburn VS Oregon Discussion (Merged Threads)

Recommended Posts





16 minutes ago, DAG said:

They are still your family whether you choose to send them a Christmas card or not

Not at all. They’re related by kin. Nothing more. I have unrelated brothers, coworkers, and former comrade that are more like family to us than those. 

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

I don’t know too many families that all agree on everything and positive in every instance . 

I don’t disagree. Still doesn’t make sense that unsupport and actually hoping we lose is wished upon our program. We generally hope for the best for our families even if we disagree. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Still doesn’t make sense that unsupport and actually hoping we lose is wished upon our program.

Chalk them up to the "weird cult" @DAG mentioned.  Then there's a few members on the other end of the spectrum that are their OWN cult as well.

Between that, I feel like we are a pretty good forum family.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am O&B thru and thru. And I will support Gus until the day he’s gone. There is no way I can support the player's interests while rooting for Gus’s demise. 

 

 Put me in that cult and ostracize me from whatever cult is giving Dyehard the kool aid. 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good gravy. Some of you bozos really don't understand the notion of accepting collateral damage in service of the greater good? You don't have to like it, but it's super dumb to act like it's not a logical or defensible position.

I can't bring myself to want an Auburn team to lose a game, but I can easily see why other fans who do indeed care very deeply about what is best for Auburn University wish that Iggy had dropped that pick against TAMU. 

Side note: I'd love to see the Venn diagram of the "you hate Auburn" clowns and the idiots who were pulling for LSU whatever year that was when a bama win would have put us in the SECCG. I'd put good money on some hot circle-on-circle action. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I am O&B thru and thru. And I will support Gus until the day he’s gone. There is no way I can support the player's interests while rooting for Gus’s demise. 

 

 Put me in that cult and ostracize me from whatever cult is giving Dyehard the kool aid. 

 

He didn’t put you in a cult man. Come on. There are two over the top fans. Those who blindly accept Gus no matter what and those who root for his demise no matter what . Both of that is twisted logic 

Edited by DAG
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, eulessau said:

You know as well as I do that “dyehard” does not really want Auburn to win. His hatred of Gus is what consumes him.  My correction of his grammar was only done because of his insult to his elder, something that seems to be way too common these days.  I called him “diehard” because I do not consider him worthy of using coach Dye’s name.

show-me-on-this-doll-where-the-internet-

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DAG said:

He didn’t put you in a cult man. Come on

What? I put myself there lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

What? I put myself there lol. 

But why? Lol. You are one of the few who make rational discussions. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Good gravy. Some of you bozos really don't understand the notion of accepting collateral damage in service of the greater good?

You think our players shoukd work their butts off for collateral damage? They’ll be stuck in the middle of this. If it organically happens, so be it. But why wish for it?   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DAG said:

But why? Lol. You are one of the few who make rational discussions. 

I needed my own cult. lol

 

Free kool aid 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

I needed my own cult. lol

 

Free kool aid 

One man clan to offset the wolf pack 

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DAG said:

One man clan to offset the wolf pack 

 

One man wrecking ball like Kawhi Leonard 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

I am O&B thru and thru. And I will support Gus until the day he’s gone. There is no way I can support the player's interests while rooting for Gus’s demise. 

 

 Put me in that cult and ostracize me from whatever cult is giving Dyehard the kool aid. 

 

As DAG said, I wasn't putting you into either of the "cults".  I was just backing his family premise.

After all, could there BE a more dysfunctional family than a message board family?!?! :cheers:

There are those who want Gus to fail & get the boot, no matter what, even at the expense of the future of the program but on the other end there's those who seem to want Gus to be Auburn's now and forever coach, no matter what, also at the expense of the future of the program. 

...and most people who happen to read this post know exactly who is who in each of those groups.

I'm not putting you in either cult.  I don't always agree with your take and our deliveries are VERY different but I believe you're at least reasonable, I often do agree, and I count you as AUFam.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

After all, could there BE a more dysfunctional family than a message board family?!?! :cheers:

Everyone who's ever been to a Loof family Christmas: "Hold my beer." But also :cheers:

20 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

There are those who want Gus to fail & get the boot, no matter what, even at the expense of the future present of the program

...is how I read that group. They want Gus gone ASAP because they believe it is what's best *for* the future of the program.

In fact, maybe that's the difference between the two groups. Present tense vs future tense. Aw hell, is this all about participles????

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Everyone who's ever been to a Loof family Christmas: "Hold my beer." But also :cheers:

...is how I read that group. They want Gus gone ASAP because they believe it is what's best *for* the future of the program.

In fact, maybe that's the difference between the two groups. Present tense vs future tense. Aw hell, is this all about participles????

Firstly :cheers: backatcha buddy!

As for that group, I almost went with "immediate future" in my post as in "this season upcoming + the next few years".  But yes, the ones who want Auburn to tank.... before the season even begins.... are their own cult.

I think many/most of us would be happy if Gus actually turns it around but just don't see the evidence to support it enough to feel overly confident.  That's me, at least....  BUT he turned on "Dawgcrap Gus" and left him on moving forward we'd be very happy. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My own two cents about those on here wanting Auburn to lose intentionally:

I can see how some may want that to happen and I understand the example of it going toward a greater cause.

There are a few reasons why that is not a good mindset.  If you want Auburn to lose, you are most likely putting our player's potential NFL careers in jeopardy.  Their draft stock is affected by the way they perform on the field.  The only exception is if you are loaded with talent and measurables, but you still may not get drafted as high with good coaching.  There are probably a few players that came through Auburn that may not get a shot because of that.  You want our coaches to do well and put us in a position to win, because then our players' talent is being put to good use and developing.

Also, why would those of us that actually go to the games root for an Auburn loss?  That makes zero sense to pay for your ticket and make the donation to root on your team to a loss.  So those that are rooting for Auburn to lose have probably never set foot in that stadium in years, if ever.  May not have even attended Auburn so they have no equity in the school (financial, sweat, emotional).  So it is easy to be at home and hide behind a computer to say that.  Show me one fan in Auburn gear at the stadium rooting Auburn to lose and I will show you 20 fans booing him/her out of the stadium.

Edited by abw0004
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

My own two cents about those on here wanting Auburn to lose intentionally:

I can see how some may want that to happen and I understand the example of it going toward a greater cause.

There are a few reasons why that is not a good mindset.  If you want Auburn to lose, you are most likely putting our player's potential NFL careers in jeopardy.  Their draft stock is affected by the way they perform on the field.  The only exception is if you are loaded with talent and measurables, but you still may not get drafted as high with good coaching.  There are probably a few players that came through Auburn that may not get a shot because of that.  You want our coaches to do well and put us in a position to win, because then our players' talent is being put to good use and developing.

Also, why would those of us that actually go to the games root for an Auburn loss?  That makes zero sense to pay for your ticket and make the donation to root on your team to a loss.  So those that are rooting for Auburn to lose have probably never set foot in that stadium in years, if ever.  May not have even attended Auburn so they have no equity in the school (financial, sweat, emotional).  So it is easy to be at home and hide behind a computer to say that.  Show me one fan in Auburn gear at the stadium rooting Auburn to lose and I will show you 20 fans booing him/her out of the stadium.

I can never root against Auburn . I just cant . It really goes against every thing Auburn in me and I one point I was equally agreeable to your mindset. But after hearing the rationale of such posters who have this mindset, I do understand why they feel this way, even if it is twisted logic for me. I do not agree with it however.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goodness, some strange ideas being put forth. Emotion is kicking logic and reason's ass in this thread. Really hoping for a 4th-quarter comeback. @DAG just gave us some life. Really need to punch it in here but jeez, the fee-fees defense is damned near impenetrable. Just like some of these skulls around here. 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Goodness, some strange ideas being put forth. Emotion is kicking logic and reason's ass in this thread. Really hoping for a 4th-quarter comeback. @DAG just gave us some life. Really need to punch it in here but jeez, the fee-fees defense is damned near impenetrable. Just like some of these skulls around here. 

 

 

 

You been getting heated lately mcloofus lol. I definitely wanted to provide the counter argument as I know it has been explained before. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although I am still waiting on the rationale as to why it seems okay for someone to get paid top tier money and be just good enough. Maybe I am interpreting it wrongly, but based on some responses, I would like to hear why are some okay with this. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is difficult to see how some of you can get up the where-with-all to lift your heads off the pillow in the morning to face another day.  And we are talking football here, not real issues of life or death, family and health.  It is apparent that many of you need to grow up and get a life.  You certainly need to get some manners.  I agree that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but geez we know you don't like Gus, but he is the coach and we are undefeated in 2019, so why don't you save your angst for when we lose a game;  then you can have at it.  Until then follow the Alabama boards because that is the type of fan you are showing yourself to be.  Also, trying smiling once in a while;  you would be surprised what a difference it will make in your life.

JWShewmake

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2019 at 8:23 AM, cole256 said:

I feel the same about people who don't know the difference between sensible and latent heat; exothermic and endothermic; or even the differences in processes and cycles. 

 

giphy.gif

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JWShewmake said:

It is difficult to see how some of you can get up the where-with-all to lift your heads off the pillow in the morning to face another day.  And we are talking football here, not real issues of life or death, family and health.  It is apparent that many of you need to grow up and get a life.  You certainly need to get some manners.  I agree that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but geez we know you don't like Gus, but he is the coach and we are undefeated in 2019, so why don't you save your angst for when we lose a game;  then you can have at it.  Until then follow the Alabama boards because that is the type of fan you are showing yourself to be.  Also, trying smiling once in a while;  you would be surprised what a difference it will make in your life.

JWShewmake

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d0d24b3476d50396b

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JWShewmake said:

It is difficult to see how some of you can get up the where-with-all to lift your heads off the pillow in the morning to face another day.  And we are talking football here, not real issues of life or death, family and health.  It is apparent that many of you need to grow up and get a life.  You certainly need to get some manners.  I agree that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but geez we know you don't like Gus, but he is the coach and we are undefeated in 2019, so why don't you save your angst for when we lose a game;  then you can have at it.  Until then follow the Alabama boards because that is the type of fan you are showing yourself to be.  Also, trying smiling once in a while;  you would be surprised what a difference it will make in your life.

JWShewmake

Meth. Lots and lots of Meth.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this