Auburn VS Oregon Discussion (Merged Threads)

aucanucktiger

21 minutes ago, DAG said:

Although I am still waiting on the rationale as to why it seems okay for someone to get paid top tier money and be just good enough. Maybe I am interpreting it wrongly, but based on some responses, I would like to hear why are some okay with this. 

The most common thing I've heard has been, "Because Auburn is an 8-win program." Which obviously doesn't answer your question.

(We won't focus on the thought processes of somebody suggesting that one shouldn't even try to be better at, well, anything.)

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Meth. Lots and lots of Meth.

Man. GWilly was so handsome in high school. Amazing skin. Now? Now he looks like somebody dropped a raw chicken in an ashtray.

Damned shame about GWilly. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

The most common thing I've heard has been, "Because Auburn is an 8-win program." Which obviously doesn't answer your question.

(We won't focus on the thought processes of somebody suggesting that one shouldn't even try to be better at, well, anything.)

We have fans who actually believe that is all we are? I feel attacked! lol.

Just now, McLoofus said:

Man. GWilly was so handsome in high school. Amazing skin. Now? Now he looks like somebody dropped a raw chicken in an ashtray.

Damned shame about GWilly. 

I am 29 going on 82. I got 1 stray tooth left from all my hard meth using. It is a fighter!!! It keeps hanging on loofy! lol.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am 29 going on 82. I got 1 stray tooth left from all my hard meth using. It is a fighter!!! It keeps hanging on loofy! lol.

Relentless! An inspiration! The GOAT! Never give up, tooth!

Image result for left hanging gif

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

My argument to this will always be Gene Chizik was able to win a NC back in 2010 when the SEC west ended with 5 teams ranked in the top 15 in 2010. 

Was able to win 8 games in 2009 with the 12 hardest schedule (losing recording the SEC).

Won 8 games again in 2011 when the SEC west had 3 teams ranked in the top 5 at the end of the season.

Gene Chizik. 8 wins should be the bare freaking minimum requirement of someone like that can figure out how to navigate , hire the right people and recruit at a high level.

Chizik recruiting classes:

2009: 23

2010: 6

2011: 5

2012: 11

Again Gene Chizik. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Relentless! An inspiration! The GOAT! Never give up, tooth!

Image result for left hanging gif

33.gif

fr.gif

ghtt.gif

9 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

show-me-on-this-doll-where-the-internet-

Did you actually graduate from kindergarten, or did they just move you up to avoid embarrassing your parents?

On 6/21/2019 at 12:24 PM, abw0004 said:

those that are rooting for Auburn to lose

No one's rooting for Auburn to lose. You're taking their posts out of context. IF Gus is an 8 win coach then he needs to go and not save his job with a 10 win season only to revert back to 7 or 8 wins when he's not on the hot seat.  IF he's a consistent 10+ win coach, then he needs to show it and maintain.

If you want Auburn to lose, you are most likely putting our player's potential NFL careers in jeopardy.  Their draft stock is affected by the way they perform on the field.  The only exception is if you are loaded with talent and measurables, but you still may not get drafted as high with good coaching.  There are probably a few players that came through Auburn that may not get a shot because of that.

This is currently happening.  Go through the posts on Stidham and WR's and offensive system and route trees, etc. ad nauseum.

All that said, I may drive over to Mississippi and put money on Auburn to win the national championship this year, because that is what Gus does when his butt is on fire. So if he's gonna save his job, I may as well make some money from it.;D

2 hours ago, oracle79 said:

No one's rooting for Auburn to lose. You're taking their posts out of context. IF Gus is an 8 win coach then he needs to go and not save his job with a 10 win season only to revert back to 7 or 8 wins when he's not on the hot seat.  IF he's a consistent 10+ win coach, then he needs to show it and maintain.

This is currently happening.  Go through the posts on Stidham and WR's and offensive system and route trees, etc. ad nauseum.

All that said, I may drive over to Mississippi and put money on Auburn to win the national championship this year, because that is what Gus does when his butt is on fire. So if he's gonna save his job, I may as well make some money from it.;D

I paid for my trip to Pasadena with AU covering.  It helped the sting a little but only a little.  It was still a LONG ride back to Vegas.

3 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Who said they want auburn to lose? Are yall still going on about what dyehard said at the start of this thread?

There have been plenty here that has either expressed frustration in Auburn beating A&M, or can identify with the reasoning behind it. Some have recently mitigated it by calling it “collateral damage” for the greater good as if 2018 or 2019 football was or should merely be means to an end. 

This thread is over my head.....what are we talking about here? I want to join.....if it's about dyehard I think he's wack. I don't know what side to get on

My own two cents about those on here wanting Auburn to lose intentionally:

I'm jumping in on the hind teet of this thread........ 

I'll welcome the day when the Auburn coaching staff stops acting like they want Auburn to lose intentionally.  Some of the crap this staff has put on the field in the last 5 yrs (there's no point in listing the numerous games), make it appear they are intentionally wanting to lose games.  

18 minutes ago, keesler said:

I'll welcome the day when the Auburn coaching staff stops acting like they want Auburn to lose intentionally.  Some of the crap this staff has put on the field in the last 5 yrs (there's no point in listing the numerous games), make it appear they are intentionally wanting to lose games.  

You're going to catch hell for that, but I understand what you're saying. And the end of the 1st half against bama this past year is pretty much all you need to shut anybody up. 

On 6/23/2019 at 9:20 AM, cole256 said:

This thread is over my head.....what are we talking about here? I want to join.....if it's about dyehard I think he's wack. I don't know what side to get on

Some folks thought that the best thing for Auburn would have been if Gus had lost enough games to get fired last season. Some of us understand the very simple logic of this but can't actually bring ourselves to root for Auburn to lose. And there there is a 3rd group who can't stop clutching their pearls long enough to disagree while acknowledging that there's a reason for feeling that way other than "dur hur Auburn haterz". 

I'm in the middle group so I guess you have to pick one of the other groups, jerkface. I can't wait to call you a hater or a Gus pumper. Your choice. 

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You're going to catch hell for that, but I understand what you're saying. And the end of the 1st half against bama this past year is pretty much all you need to shut anybody up. 

This is ridiculous.  Gus called for a fake FG and also secured a TD on a WR pass. He also got penalized for calling the penalty on Shivers 75 yard TD run “bull crap.” Don’t act like he wanted to lose just because he was trying to get to the fourth quarter. 

On 6/22/2019 at 1:31 PM, oracle79 said:

No one's rooting for Auburn to lose. You're taking their posts out of context. IF Gus is an 8 win coach then he needs to go and not save his job with a 10 win season only to revert back to 7 or 8 wins when he's not on the hot seat.  IF he's a consistent 10+ win coach, then he needs to show it and maintain.  It is not in this thread but there are a few instances where that is exactly what has been said.  One of them I am pretty sure set a record for the most thumbsdown reactions.  And Like I said, I understand the mindset of those that just want to "rip the bandaid off."  

This is currently happening.  Go through the posts on Stidham and WR's and offensive system and route trees, etc. ad nauseum.  I do agree on the route tree, although Stidham really did a lot to himself this past season, and I love Stidham.

26 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Some folks thought that the best thing for Auburn would have been if Gus had lost enough games to get fired last season. Some of us understand the very simple logic of this but can't actually bring ourselves to root for Auburn to lose. And there there is a 3rd group who can't stop clutching their pearls long enough to disagree while acknowledging that there's a reason for feeling that way other than "dur hur Auburn haterz". 

That is not necessarily true.  The people that have been jumped on are ones that have not been positive in the slightest in any fashion.  This does not include you by the way.  I do believe you are in the middle group as you described.  You are usually very even-keel.

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

The people that have been jumped on are ones that have not been positive in the slightest in any fashion.

This is my point. Those who would jump on them are guided by emotion and not intelligence. 

1 hour ago, keesler said:

No worries.  No one really wants to lose (unless you are an NBA team vying for the top pick in the draft).  If anyone should be upset as others on here, it is someone like me that travels to all home games at a minimum, putting me at home as late as 3:00 AM.  But I am not, nor will I travel that far to root on my team to a loss.  I did not do it for Chizik either.  I was there for the best and worst times.  You should always want the best for you team, just like you would for your son.  If I recall you have a son or even grandson at Auburn currently correct?  Did they ever play sports?  If so, did you ever travel for a game, or even a home game hoping they would lose because you disliked the coach?  I never have.  If they lose enough games, change will happen as it has before and those decisions are out of my hands anyways.  So in the meantime, why root us onto a loss?  I hope that makes sense.

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This is my point. Those who would jump on them are guided by emotion and not intelligence. 

So saying coaches are intentionally trying to lose is intelligence over emotions. :ucrazy:

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Well I do not think what I said was on emotion...  I did not even quote anyone, it was in an open letter format to not target anyone specifically.  And my post was carefully thought out to what I consider an intelligent post.  Or what I hope to consider intelligence.  :laugh:

Your statement can also go both ways, if their negativity to everything is purely emotion that they do not care what information is out there, it will somehow be screwed up so lets not give the season a chance before it begins.  I say this admitting I used to act on a lot of emotion at the beginning of my tenure here on this forum, so I completely get where you are coming from as I was that exact person.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I'm in the middle group so I guess you have to pick one of the other groups, jerkface. I can't wait to call you a hater or a Gus pumper. Your choice. 

The lines have been set for a time, tbh. 

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Well you know I'm whatever side you're on, that's how I choose alliance now........whatever my man loof thinks......or opposite of whatever Mikey or 64 thinks. Whichever comes first

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

The lines have been set for a time, tbh. 

True. Just the same dumb conversation in loops. But then Cole wanted in so I wanted to see what kind of sauce he had. Ooh, I see the little notification at the bottom of the screen as I'm tying this that he has replied! 

Edit: As usual, @cole256 is 100% correct.

Archived