Auburn VS Oregon Discussion (Merged Threads)

aucanucktiger

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Well you know I'm whatever side you're on, that's how I choose alliance now........wherever aloof thinks......or opposite of whatever Mikey or 64 thinks. Whichever comes first

Man, it is tough for me to be honest. Things move in cycles. There might be like two or three people on here who I disagree with I would say 90 percent of the time. Honestly, if people could debate with valid arguments, I am all for disagreements. This is what makes this forum awesome. I know I definitely get emotional at times and definitely with Jeff and abw in the past. The only thing, which drives me insane, is when I see just pure ignorance or inconsistency in a message. I know there were a few posters who I respect with that mindset and I was like what the heck, but after hearing their rationale, I didn't agree, but I learned to understand it.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

No worries.  No one really wants to lose (unless you are an NBA team vying for the top pick in the draft).  If anyone should be upset as others on here, it is someone like me that travels to all home games at a minimum, putting me at home as late as 3:00 AM.  But I am not, nor will I travel that far to root on my team to a loss.  I did not do it for Chizik either.  I was there for the best and worst times.  You should always want the best for you team, just like you would for your son.  If I recall you have a son or even grandson at Auburn currently correct?  Did they ever play sports?  If so, did you ever travel for a game, or even a home game hoping they would lose because you disliked the coach?  I never have.  If they lose enough games, change will happen as it has before and those decisions are out of my hands anyways.  So in the meantime, why root us onto a loss?  I hope that makes sense.

You make perfect sense abw.

Yes, I have 2 kids currently at AU, I've never hoped my kids lost a game and I've never hoped my alma mater loses. 

Just like you, I go to every home game, I made the opener last year as well as MSU/UGA/UAT away games.  I can't say I've ever seen an AU fan in attendance at a game that actually cheered for an AU loss - even through that brutal cowbell fiasco at MooState.   I've done my share of yelling, complaining and cursing in a lot of games and my frustrations were justified 100%.  

I won't lie and say I'm not ready for a change though, I've seen all I need to see from this staff to let me know they are in over their heads for this level of football in this conference.  Averaging 8 wins a season just isn't cutting it from a staff pulling top 5 salaries.  

I will put on my happy face as I board the plane to DFW on 8/29/19 and I'll be decked out in O&B like always, cheering like crazy and antagonizing those Ducks.

2 hours ago, DAG said:

I know I definitely get emotional at times and definitely with Jeff and abw in the past.

Yes we definitely had some arguments in the past, but since then I think we get along pretty well.  Some could even say there is a sexual tension brewing.

D87BBC23-C58A-47D5-9C7F-56C0453397D1.gif

3 hours ago, DAG said:

The lines have been set for a time, tbh. 

Go Sean White, Go!

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Yes we definitely had some arguments in the past, but since then I think we get along pretty well.  Some could even say there is a sexual tension brewing.

D87BBC23-C58A-47D5-9C7F-56C0453397D1.gif

Now be careful, there is an author around here that might take this to the next level. Oh man was that petty of me?

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d1165094e5a333551

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

Now be careful, there is an author around here that might take this to the next level. Oh man was that petty of me?

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d1165094e5a333551

64BC084D-0C88-4D4D-B9CE-FA17808CB576.gif

17 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Found this. This guy gives props to the Auburn fans from the 2010 game.

That was probably the most honest and knowledgeable post I've ever seen on an Auburn board. I didn't catch your sign off at the end of the video as due to what I did for a living (Marine Aviator), I don't hear very well. You gave what I think was  an  excellent analysis of both teams. It's very obvious you know your stuff. Please post more as the season progresses. I look forward to hearing from you again, War Damn Eagle  and Go Ducks. The game should be a real experience to watch. Take care my friend. Yours truly,

Slammer

On 6/24/2019 at 3:30 PM, DAG said:

Man, it is tough for me to be honest. Things move in cycles. There might be like two or three people on here who I disagree with I would say 90 percent of the time. Honestly, if people could debate with valid arguments, I am all for disagreements. This is what makes this forum awesome. I know I definitely get emotional at times and definitely with Jeff and abw in the past. The only thing, which drives me insane, is when I see just pure ignorance or inconsistency in a message. I know there were a few posters who I respect with that mindset and I was like what the heck, but after hearing their rationale, I didn't agree, but I learned to understand it.

I've actually toned down alot myself, I now find it if I reply more than 3 times people get upset with me so I try to keep it to two repliesand I'm out. Especially basketball this past year......I can post what our players are good at, what Pearl is thinking, what the other team is trying to do, be completely right and people will argue and hate.....and when it turns out I'm right pretend that I didn't say itand get mad when I bring it up!

It's crazy as hell, it's like if everybody argued with that coach guy who has his post pinned on the football side........but what can you do? We're not used to seeing a good basketball team maybe has something to do with it 😂

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

@AUsince72 what's going on brother? How's it hanging? I see you laughing at my comments 😂

Hey brother, doing okay at the moment.  Just finished radiation yesterday so I'm trying to let that soak in.  Yeah, been lurking more than posting, obviously, but been enjoying much of the back n forths between my favorite posters.  I hope all's well your way!!

11 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Hey brother, doing okay at the moment.  Just finished radiation yesterday so I'm trying to let that soak in.  Yeah, been lurking more than posting, obviously, but been enjoying much of the back n forths between my favorite posters.  I hope all's well your way!!

Well I was thinking about you and hang in there bud! And I'm one of your favorite posters??? I knew carrying @bigbird was going to pay off for one day!

42 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Well I was thinking about you and hang in there bud! And I'm one of your favorite posters??? I knew carrying @bigbird was going to pay off for one day!

You only knew after I told you...

21 hours ago, DAG said:

Bulletin board!!

Didn't make much difference when UCF said basically the same stuff.  Game will be won or lost on the field and the coaching sidelines.

26 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Didn't make much difference when UCF said basically the same stuff.  Game will be won or lost on the field and the coaching sidelines.

Yeah that pissed me off big time 

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

This may be a different scenario though.  UCF was a meaningless bowl game where not even all of our players decided to play (Carlton Davis).  This is the opener where our whole season is ahead of us.  That last sentence should be motivation enough

On 6/24/2019 at 3:45 PM, keesler said:

You make perfect sense abw.

Yes, I have 2 kids currently at AU, I've never hoped my kids lost a game and I've never hoped my alma mater loses. 

Just like you, I go to every home game, I made the opener last year as well as MSU/UGA/UAT away games.  I can't say I've ever seen an AU fan in attendance at a game that actually cheered for an AU loss - even through that brutal cowbell fiasco at MooState.   I've done my share of yelling, complaining and cursing in a lot of games and my frustrations were justified 100%.  

I won't lie and say I'm not ready for a change though, I've seen all I need to see from this staff to let me know they are in over their heads for this level of football in this conference.  Averaging 8 wins a season just isn't cutting it from a staff pulling top 5 salaries.  

I will put on my happy face as I board the plane to DFW on 8/29/19 and I'll be decked out in O&B like always, cheering like crazy and antagonizing those Ducks.

Two kids that go here, every home game...either your kids got a higher ACT score than me or you're loaded brother 

4 hours ago, abw0004 said:

This may be a different scenario though.  UCF was a meaningless bowl game where not even all of our players decided to play (Carlton Davis).  This is the opener where our whole season is ahead of us.  That last sentence should be motivation enough

No bowl game should be meaningless. Especially under the context that Gus had in 2017. Coming off a huge contract extension, just loss a letdown, UCF coming in undefeated and talking trash...no reason the team shouldn’t have been up for that. 

6 hours ago, DAG said:

No bowl game should be meaningless. Especially under the context that Gus had in 2017. Coming off a huge contract extension, just loss a letdown, UCF coming in undefeated and talking trash...no reason the team shouldn’t have been up for that. 

I’m not saying it was a good reason.  But it is a different scenario and different motivations.  In the eyes of the players, the season was lost.  That is very hard for a coach to overcome.  Tray Matthews basically had said that.  It was a shame too because I went to that game.  

Archived