Auburn VS Oregon Discussion (Merged Threads)

aucanucktiger

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Two completely different talent levels between Oregon and Purdue.  I still think Brohm will have major success in CFB but that was definitely a bad showing.

Agree ....maybe.....but the before game assessment was more optimistic about Purdue after their win over tOSU..every game is it's own event...and who knows what to expect....game is maybe a toss-up?

On 5/29/2019 at 1:14 PM, dyehardfanAU said:

Should be a good audition for Cristobal to impress AD Greene.

7 points in their last outing says he had better get it together. 

On 5/29/2019 at 1:14 PM, dyehardfanAU said:

Should be a good audition for Cristobal to impress AD Greene.

Not impressed.

Never mind the fact that we have a buyout and would be a bidding war against Nike itself. 

If we want an offensive force I say go after Neal Brown and hope he’s the next Kingsbury.

Of note, Cristobal brought his whole coaching staff to Tuscaloosa and Athens to watch their spring practice and probably receive a nudge in the right direction in game prep against Auburn.

16 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Of note, Cristobal brought his whole coaching staff to Tuscaloosa and Athens to watch their spring practice and probably receive a nudge in the right direction in game prep against Auburn.

Not gonna lie, would love to win but if we lose I hope it's a blowout. 

11 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Just what I hope too. Right after I stand head over heels waiting all offseason for football of course.

31-16 Auburn.  Cristobal needs another season of recruiting to build up talent and depth in Oregon. 

2 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Wow!  Your screen name is a lie.  No real Auburn man would say this, regardless of how they feel about the coach.  Please find another team, ( and coach) to hate on.

1 minute ago, eulessau said:

Wow!  Your screen name is a lie.  No real Auburn man would say this, regardless of how they feel about the coach.  Please find another team, ( and coach) to hate on.

LOL.

5 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

LOL.

Laugh all you want, but anyone wishing for a blowout of any Auburn team for any reason, is absolutely not an Auburn man.

I can see where he coming from, I was hoping we'd get blown out in 2015 just to end the suffering, then again last season (I didnt really hope for much of anything last season tbh, other than for it to end), but it is what it is 

I dont think its fair to hope that the FIRST game though. like at least get an idea of what might be shaking 

First off you have to question how much prep this writer put in after reading his comment on Anthony Schwartz. 

Anthony Schwartz had a "strong" spring huh? I assume he did... With the track team. He certainly didnt have a strong, weak, or indifferent spring as far as football is concerned. Since you know... He ran track and had no spring football...

Also... @eulessau... i get where @dyehardfanAU is coming from. 

Um...you will note...his first sentence said...  "Not gonna lie, i want us to win" that says everything that needs said. He said he wants us to win. What do you want him to say? That he hopes we lose? I will point out...again...he said he wants us to win. But me...myself... I can see where he is coming from. If oregon wins the PAC12, and Gus wins 8 games AGAIN this year, in his opinion, it would be better we get blown out IF WE ARE GOING TO LOSE so that way keeping it close against the PAC champion isnt somehow used to justify keeping Gus around for another year. 

Like it or not Gus has as hot a seat as anyone in the country going into this season. 

So... When i tell you that i think its more likely we start 2-4 than 6-0, Are you going to tell me that "No real Auburn man would say this, regardless of how they feel about the coach.  Please find another team, ( and coach) to hate on.?"  

People dont have to look at everything through orange and blue shaders. Some people on here (few of us but some) can look at things independently from being Auburn fans. Some of us can look at things outside the box. Not everyone keeps orange and blue shaders on...

5 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Right after I stand head over heels waiting all offseason for football of course.

Oh dear... This is year 7. You haven't learned not to do that yet? 

Yes im excited about football season...I always am...But we need to have at least some semblance of consistency before i fall for that trap again. I hope we win every single game. But i know that isnt very realistic. Ive learned my lesson... Under our current situation, i now expect to lose 5 games every year. So anything less  exceeds my expectations. 

It really isnt a lot of fun being an Auburn fan lately. Frankly, i for one, am tired of the roller coaster that is being an Auburn fan.  Im sick and tired of being sick and tired... 

Nothing below is directed at you Jeff

But sure... Its a new season... We can pretend the issues we all know are prevailant dont exist. Because lord knows, history means NOTHING.

11 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

So... When i tell you that i think its more likely we start 2-4 than 6-0, Are you going to tell me that "No real Auburn man would say this, regardless of how they feel about the coach.  Please find another team, ( and coach) to hate on.?"  

Yeah, that is nowhere near close to the same example. I want us to go 6-0, but if we don't then I hope we have a terrible season is much closer to what that original poster was conveying. That is more aligned to the statement. Why would the alternative to not winning become a hope of getting blown out instead? That would not be a good precedent to start the season. I could live (And I believe most Auburn fans) with losing in a competitive fashion. Getting blown out would cause this forum to crash. Some of y'all have an Ozymandias type of logic going on here (Yes, I just referenced a comic book). And guess what? If he wins 8 games after getting blown out by Oregon, He probably won't get fired. For one, you guys have already stated how insane this schedule is. Two, this would mean he won a couple of games down the line he had no business winning. Third, if he wins 8 or more games in this schedule, I seriously doubt he will get fired Unless EVERY rival game is a blowout loss. 

1st play Schwartz speed sweep ala Stove against Arkansas in 2017 for a TD.  

2nd offensive play fake speed sweep, fake Qb inside zone, long bomb to Seth for a TD

3rd offensive play Kam Martin up the gut for 2 yards.

20 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

First off you have to question how much prep this writer put in after reading his comment on Anthony Schwartz. 

Anthony Schwartz had a "strong" spring huh? I assume he did... With the track team. He certainly didnt have a strong, weak, or indifferent spring as far as football is concerned. Since you know... He ran track and had no spring football...

Also... @eulessau... i get where @dyehardfanAU is coming from. 

Um...you will note...his first sentence said...  "Not gonna lie, i want us to win" that says everything that needs said. He said he wants us to win. What do you want him to say? That he hopes we lose? I will point out...again...he said he wants us to win. But me...myself... I can see where he is coming from. If oregon wins the PAC12, and Gus wins 8 games AGAIN this year, in his opinion, it would be better we get blown out IF WE ARE GOING TO LOSE so that way keeping it close against the PAC champion isnt somehow used to justify keeping Gus around for another year. 

Like it or not Gus has as hot a seat as anyone in the country going into this season. 

People dont have to look at everything through orange and blue shaders. Some people on here (few of us but some) can look at things independently from being Auburn fans. Some of us can look at things outside the box. Not everyone keeps orange and blue shaders on...

Oh dear... This is year 7. You haven't learned not to do that yet? 

Yes im excited about football season...I always am...But we need to have at least some semblance of consistency before i fall for that trap again. I hope we win every single game. But i know that isnt very realistic. Ive learned my lesson... Under our current situation, i now expect to lose 5 games every year. So anything less  exceeds my expectations. 

It really isnt a lot of fun being an Auburn fan lately. Frankly, i for one, am tired of the roller coaster that is being an Auburn fan.  Im sick and tired of being sick and tired... 

Nothing below is directed at you Jeff

But sure... Its a new season... We can pretend the issues we all know are prevailant dont exist. Because lord knows, history means NOTHING.

Not even close to an accurate comparison.  If you are saying you think we are more likely to start 2-4, that is an opinion and you are entitled to your own opinion.  If you said I hope we go 2-4, that would be the same as dyehard’s statement and I would lump you in with him, not an Auburn man.

I am sorry to hear that you are not enjoying being an Auburn fan.  I have been one most of my 66 years and can assure you that it is not always easy, but it wouldn’t be the same if it was.  I am not saying you have to be happy with everything that happens, I’m not.  I am saying that a true Auburn man never roots against Auburn or wishes for a loss for any reason.  That is what diehard was saying.

Who knows how this game will go? We have a million reasons to pump the brakes in the off-season; this year especially. I do believe this game stands alone and will not be a season indicator. There's just something about opening week with Auburn lately. It doesn't seem to set any precedents.

I will offer my $.02 though......I have almost no respect for Oregon. I think we blow them out just because of who we are and who they are.

33 minutes ago, eulessau said:

Not even close to an accurate comparison.  If you are saying you think we are more likely to start 2-4, that is an opinion and you are entitled to your own opinion.  If you said I hope we go 2-4, that would be the same as dyehard’s statement and I would lump you in with him, not an Auburn man.

I am sorry to hear that you are not enjoying being an Auburn fan.  I have been one most of my 66 years and can assure you that it is not always easy, but it wouldn’t be the same if it was.  I am not saying you have to be happy with everything that happens, I’m not.  I am saying that a true Auburn man never roots against Auburn or wishes for a loss for any reason.  That is what diehard was saying.

I realize at your advanced age it's not easy to learn new things but reading comprehension is one I'd suggest you try at.

45 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I realize at your advanced age it's not easy to learn new things but reading comprehension is one I'd suggest you try at.

I actually really enjoy your posts and I understand how some of the fan base is actually sick of Gus. I am not super fond of the man myself but unfortunately for me I have this deep rooted instinct to hope, believe, stand firm on the auburn allure turning it around. I will say that I hope this year is do or die. The constant circumstances around Gus is starting to really take a toll on the fanbase, behind the scenes and potentially recruitment.

1 hour ago, dyehardfanAU said:

You really might want to learn how to put a sentence together before you start challenging people’s intellect.  You never end a sentence with a preposition.  Now, run along, it’s past your bedtime.

So anyway, discussing the Oregon game.  

I think we have gotten used to the idea of not knowing what to expect at all coming out of the gate week 1.  This year is no different.   There are several things that give me hope.  This really could be a good team this year.  We also have our fair share of red flags that concern me.  

Just looking at the matchup with the little bit of info we have to go on, it really is all about the trenches.  (and a little bit about the QBs) If our OL has their way, our skill players will do well enough to put plenty of points up. 

The strength of the OU team being QB and OL concerns me.  While our DL has been brutal at stopping the run, we haven’t been great at pressuring the QB.  We must get better at PR in order to rattle this O.  

We should be slight underdogs in this game and I would say I am cautiously optimistic about our chances.  

10 hours ago, eulessau said:

You really might want to learn how to put a sentence together before you start challenging people’s intellect.  You never end a sentence with a preposition.  

Well, to lighten the mood between certain factions, this statement reminds me of an old joke:

After a contentious airline merger between a couple of historically Northern and Southern airlines, two different crews were on a van to the overnight with FAs from both former airlines.  The Southern FA was trying to strike up a conversation and said “How y’all doing?  Where you based at”?

The Northern FA responded; “You know, proper English dictates that you never end a sentence with a preposition”.

The Southern FA, after a short delay, responded; “Ok, where are you based at b*tch”?

30 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Well, to lighten the mood between certain factions, this statement reminds me of an old joke:

After a contentious airline merger between a couple of historically Northern and Southern airlines, two different crews were on a van to the overnight with FAs from both former airlines.  The Southern FA was trying to strike up a conversation and said “How y’all doing?  Where you based at”?

The Northern FA responded; “You know, proper English dictates that you never end a sentence with a preposition”.

The Southern FA, after a short delay, responded; “Ok, where are you based at b*tch”?

Being a true southerner, I appreciate that joke.  I am not normally a grammar cop, but this guy needed to be put down. Possibly, he is too young to have learned proper grammar.

Just to be clear though, I do not hate or begrudge people because they do not like Gus.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  I just do not believe true Auburn people would ever wish for an Auburn loss for any reason.  Sounds like what a bammer would do.

Archived