Auburn VS Oregon Discussion (Merged Threads)

aucanucktiger

4 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

That wasn’t a threat. That was a better you start running to your jalopy kind of promise.😂

And was a joke too... but I digress.

Do you often start out many mornings going 0-2? 

Jeff, stay on track with the thread and quit with the keyboard commander stuff, please.

And we're walking...

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, stoic-one said:

Jeff, stay on track with the thread and quit with the keyboard commander stuff, please.

I’ll get right to it.

I guess it’s too early to start discussing the Oregon game.  We’ll revisit this conversation in August.  🤷‍♂️

So until then, I’m smarter than you and your arguments are dumb (says the awkward guy in the corner to no one in particular, just trying to fit in)

The Oregon game is gonna be a really tough match-up. A lot depends on how well the Auburn OL can control the Oregon DL. That Will. Not. Be. Easy! And frankly, we've got no idea how well the Malzahn offense (remember whirlybird?) will do on opening day.

And then, can the raw, inexperienced Auburn QB and the rest of the Auburn offense keep it together and not only make a couple of plays but actually Score? Like actual TDs?

Auburn has done pretty well against the PAC12 teams, but this game is a mystery. And talk about motivation! Oregon is still royally pizzed about that loss in the BCS championship game. Yes, I got friends out there in the Pacific NW. All of the Oregon/Washington folks are *really* pizzed. Gotta ask, this year, does Auburn have that "leave it all on the field" motivation for this game? Because if not ............

Oregon returns a very, very good OL (2 NFL locks) and a Heisman candidate at QB. Their DL is good, but they are getting hype as DB University! Really? When I think of DB U, to me that's LSU. But here ya go. Oregon as DB U.

https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/oregon-ducks/oregon-football-defensive-back-university

Not sayin' Auburn is doomed. I'm just saying this is no gimmeee.

Auburn really needs to win his game, because -- I mean -- Bama, UGA, LSU, Florida, A&M -- ugh!

Unless, of course, you want Auburn to have a really s***ty year so Malzahn gets fired - which seems to be where a lot of Auburn fans are right now.

I'm not in that camp. I want to see Auburn burn Oregon by 30+.

1 hour ago, AURex said:

Auburn really needs to win his game, because -- I mean -- Bama, UGA, LSU, Florida, A&M -- ugh!

Unless, of course, you want Auburn to have a really s***ty year so Malzahn gets fired - which seems to be where a lot of Auburn fans are right now.

There's a large disparity between "want to" and expect to.  I'm not sure why so many can't understand the difference.  I want AU to go 15-0.  I expect AU to go 8-5. 

20 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

There's a large disparity between "want to" and expect to.  I'm not sure why so many can't understand the difference.  I want AU to go 15-0.  I expect AU to go 8-5. 

Sports gambling is legal now....you can back up your "expectations" with legal bets on any or all of those games and make some good money....and if you are right, can use it to help pay the buyout...…:dunno:     seems like a plan you could latch onto. 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Sports gambling is legal now....you can back up your "expectations" with legal bets on any or all of those games and make some good money....and if you are right, can use it to help pay the buyout...…:dunno:     seems like a plan you could latch onto. 

21 hours later and that's all you could come up with?

13 hours ago, AU64 said:

I trust you'll be betting on our next coach to lose more games that Gus did in his final year? Since you're certain that a coaching change would make our program worse? 

On 5/30/2019 at 7:15 PM, aujeff11 said:

Of note, Cristobal brought his whole coaching staff to Tuscaloosa and Athens to watch their spring practice and probably receive a nudge in the right direction in game prep against Auburn.

Guess beating AU is tops for both. Cristobal and Nick don't like each other at all. Not sure Nick likes anyone including Terry.

On 5/30/2019 at 9:13 PM, Win4AU said:

31-16 Auburn.  Cristobal needs another season of recruiting to build up talent and depth in Oregon. 

Yep. Gus is going to have a field day against his D. AU's DL should be able to dominate the Ducks OL also.

On 6/2/2019 at 9:31 PM, AURex said:

The Oregon game is gonna be a really tough match-up. A lot depends on how well the Auburn OL can control the Oregon DL. That Will. Not. Be. Easy! And frankly, we've got no idea how well the Malzahn offense (remember whirlybird?) will do on opening day.

And then, can the raw, inexperienced Auburn QB and the rest of the Auburn offense keep it together and not only make a couple of plays but actually Score? Like actual TDs?

Auburn has done pretty well against the PAC12 teams, but this game is a mystery. And talk about motivation! Oregon is still royally pizzed about that loss in the BCS championship game. Yes, I got friends out there in the Pacific NW. All of the Oregon/Washington folks are *really* pizzed. Gotta ask, this year, does Auburn have that "leave it all on the field" motivation for this game? Because if not ............

Oregon returns a very, very good OL (2 NFL locks) and a Heisman candidate at QB. Their DL is good, but they are getting hype as DB University! Really? When I think of DB U, to me that's LSU. But here ya go. Oregon as DB U.

https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/oregon-ducks/oregon-football-defensive-back-university

Not sayin' Auburn is doomed. I'm just saying this is no gimmeee.

I'm not in that camp. I want to see Auburn burn Oregon by 30+.

If AU's OL struggles against the ducks DL, Gus won't make it past October. The duck D is terrible. AU should be able to dominate that D.

This is eerily similar to the Washington game to start the 2018 season. Washington had many strengths, and indeed put many into the NFL draft last year, but was at best an equal match to us, and we simply had a better game plan.

Our DL will be one of the top DLs in the country, if not the best. We have both Derick Brown and Marlin Davidson coming back. Yes, there are questions on depth on the interior line, and questions about the edge (Buck). However, Brown and Davidson should be better than last year. As should every other returning player. I actually think the difference could be in our pass-rushing packages where we are likely to put Coe on the inside along with Brown and Davidson, along with either Moultry, Bryant, or Jibunor on the edge to put our four best pass rushers on the field at the same time.

As Kevin Steele put it before the Washington game: "Offensive linemen wake up from a nightmare looking and seeing 5, 3! Can’t sleep on the plane!"

5 and 3 are still here, and PAC-12 OLs are still going to have nightmares.

14 hours ago, meh130 said:

As Kevin Steele put it before the Washington game: "Offensive linemen wake up from a nightmare looking and seeing 5, 3! Can’t sleep on the plane!"

Brown, Davidson, and Coe are gonna win is some ballgames this year!

17 hours ago, meh130 said:

This is eerily similar to the Washington game to start the 2018 season. Washington had many strengths, and indeed put many into the NFL draft last year, but was at best an equal match to us, and we simply had a better game plan.

Our DL will be one of the top DLs in the country, if not the best. We have both Derick Brown and Marlin Davidson coming back. Yes, there are questions on depth on the interior line, and questions about the edge (Buck). However, Brown and Davidson should be better than last year. As should every other returning player. I actually think the difference could be in our pass-rushing packages where we are likely to put Coe on the inside along with Brown and Davidson, along with either Moultry, Bryant, or Jibunor on the edge to put our four best pass rushers on the field at the same time.

Steele fired me up with that video. Didn’t know he had the rah rah in him like that.

3 hours ago, slipadeedoodah said:

Lol again at all y’all who said we should hire Brohm.

Strange post in this thread

On 5/31/2019 at 11:37 PM, eulessau said:

You really might want to learn how to put a sentence together before you start challenging people’s intellect.  You never end a sentence with a preposition.  Now, run along, it’s past your bedtime.

"Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put."
--Winston Churchill

That out of the way, this is considered informal grammar, which means all that really matters is whether the information was understood. Now, obviously, you didn't understand the original post with which you took issue, because the first statement was hope that we win, which was followed by an if/then statement saying that IF we lose, THEN the hope is that we lose by a large margin. The fact that you used a flimsy grammatical miscue in attempt to belittle the poster belies your desperation to seem superior.

By the way, another faux pas in formal writing is that one not use contractions, which you did in your last sentence of the post I'm quoting. Also, you incorrectly called the member "diehard," when the screen name actually begins "dyehard." A REAL Auburn man, especially one of your longevity, should recognize that as a shout out to former coach Pat Dye.

Grammar police, back off. I've published quite a lot of scholarly articles and chapters and wrestled with editors from many presses. Even the most ardent grammar mavens accept a preposition at the end of a sentence on occasion if it offers more comfortable and successful communication. As Winston Churchill famously said, ridiculing the lockstep adherence to this convention, “This is the sort of bloody nonsense up with which I will not put.”

That said, there are herds of dimwits who do not know the difference between your and you're; there, their, and they're; affect and effect; accept and except; advise and advice; idea and ideal; it's and its; than and then; to, too, and two; and other common words. They insert an apostrophe before the "s" at the end of every plural and don't know when to use who as opposed to that. Those people should be strung up by their thumbs and flayed.

And now, back to sport's.

45 minutes ago, AURex said:

affect and effect

I struggle with this one to this day.

Then again, a genius I'm not.

Golf and golf

One is a maddening, insufferable exercise in patience and restraint and the other is a sport.

8 hours ago, AURex said:

Grammar police, back off. I've published quite a lot of scholarly articles and chapters and wrestled with editors from many presses. Even the most ardent grammar mavens accept a preposition at the end of a sentence on occasion if it offers more comfortable and successful communication. As Winston Churchill famously said, ridiculing the lockstep adherence to this convention, “This is the sort of bloody nonsense up with which I will not put.”

That said, there are herds of dimwits who do not know the difference between your and you're; there, their, and they're; affect and effect; accept and except; advise and advice; idea and ideal; it's and its; than and then; to, too, and two; and other common words. They insert an apostrophe before the "s" at the end of every plural and don't know when to use who as opposed to that. Those people should be strung up by their thumbs and flayed.

And now, back to sport's.

I feel the same about people who don't know the difference between sensible and latent heat; exothermic and endothermic; or even the differences in processes and cycles. 

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I feel the same about people who don't know the difference between sensible and latent heat; exothermic and endothermic; or even the differences in processes and cycles. 

Or man vs zone defenders...:-X

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Golf and golf

One is a maddening, insufferable exercise in patience and restraint and the other is a sport.

And Golf would respond: your a numbnuts.

your used improperly on purpose there AURex.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

And Golf would respond: your a numbnuts.

your used improperly on purpose there AURex.

Except you added the b...

Archived