Auburn VS Oregon Discussion (Merged Threads)

aucanucktiger

30 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Don't worry about it he's just trying to show off:poke:

Thanks, bye the way Sutherland has been a favorite of mine for decades. Dirty Dozen, Kelly's heros… etc. Oh and his early interview on David Frost back in the 60s. Love the guy.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, GoDucks349 said:

Thanks, bye the way Sutherland has been a favorite of mine for decades. Dirty Dozen, Kelly's heros… etc. Oh and his early interview on David Frost back in the 60s. Love the guy.

Kelly's Hero's the best and I'm also a huge fan of Donald.................

14 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Oregon has a really good head coach. This first game worries me.

The Washington game previous season scared me....and that went well. We shall see. Haha

3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Thanks for your input @GoDucks349.  Are you planning on going to the game?

No travel plans for me. I traveled for business for 30 years and have somewhere around 1.4 million air miles just in the lower 48 states. I've been on a plane ONCE since I retired in 2011 and that was for a family wedding. 

In Alabama, University of Alabama - Birmingham Medical School was a client. 

3 hours ago, WhoDatWarEagle said:

The Washington game previous season scared me....and that went well. We shall see. Haha

The Oregon/Washington game was very similar to the Auburn/Washington game. This one will probably be a nail biter. Can't wait

1 hour ago, AU80cruiser said:

The Oregon/Washington game was very similar to the Auburn/Washington game. This one will probably be a nail biter. Can't wait

Ducks got a big break in that one. Washington missed a 20 yd field goal with no time on the clock at the end of the 4th to send it into OT.   :)

Love beating the tail draggers. Just keep them off the furniture, on a leash and muzzled. Oh, and make sure you have plenty of papers on the floor never can tell when they will have an accident.  

On 6/17/2019 at 7:23 PM, GoDucks349 said:

The shortest I've seen from Eugene is over 5 hours. Also, price is cheaper by $100 or two from Alabama.

Of course the flight would be cheaper from Alabama as its a lot closer. Also... Flying into or out of Eugene is a joke. Everyone knows you get the best deals flying into and out of Portland... But im sure you know that. I sure learned it my almost 2 decades living in Eugene... Man i miss that place... I miss me some Ninkasi... Strangely as much as i despised it at the time i REALLY miss LTD and the EmX. And for the life of me... you have NO IDEA just how lucky you are to have Dutch Bros. You know down here there isnt a SINGLE franchise like Dutch Bros... Id kill for a large Iced Kicker right now. Do you ever hit up any of the food trucks? Ive got a friend who ownes a couple.

I just hope Cristobal keeps the guys out of the McKenzie. Dont need any more players drowning.

I remember watching the BCS game vs the Ducks AND the BCS game we lost vs FSU at my wifes restaurant. She was the GM of Roundtable Pizza in Thurston up until we moved back down here. 

And Go Ducks! They will forever be my 2nd favorite team. I hope you guys win EVERY game this season after week 1. 

7 hours ago, GoDucks349 said:

Ducks got a big break in that one. Washington missed a 20 yd field goal with no time on the clock at the end of the 4th to send it into OT.   :)

Love beating the tail draggers. Just keep them off the furniture, on a leash and muzzled. Oh, and make sure you have plenty of papers on the floor never can tell when they will have an accident. 

I dont know if my Auburn brethren know this, but Oregon views UDub as we view UGA. Most duck fans hate UDub more than Oregon State. Of course Oregon State is the "little brother" program in the state... But there is a DEEP hatred of anything UW in Eugene...

1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

course the flight would be cheaper from Alabama as its a lot closer. Also... Flying into or out of Eugene is a joke. Everyone knows you get the best deals flying into and out of Portland... But im sure you know that. I sure learned it my almost 2 decades living in Eugene... Man i miss that place... I miss me some Ninkasi... Strangely as much as i despised it at the time i REALLY miss LTD and the EmX. And for the life of me... you have NO IDEA just how lucky you are to have Dutch Bros. You know down here there isnt a SINGLE franchise like Dutch Bros... Id kill for a large Iced Kicker right now. Do you ever hit up any of the food trucks? Ive got a friend who ownes a couple.

I just hope Cristobal keeps the guys out of the McKenzie. Dont need any more players drowning.

I remember watching the BCS game vs the Ducks AND the BCS game we lost vs FSU at my wifes restaurant. She was the GM of Roundtable Pizza in Thurston up until we moved back down here. 

And Go Ducks! They will forever be my 2nd favorite team. I hope you guys win EVERY game this season after week 1.

Damn... You definitely know Eugene. I live next to Marist HS. They are my backyard. As for the Mackenzie, I've rowed that river from Ollalie to Armitage Park many times. Ninkasi is a pretty cool place for beer lovers, especially with the food carts across the street. Also, Tacovore is one of my favorite places. I'm more of a Pinot Noir fan myself and we've got some very nice ones that I love. Use to go to Wandering Goat for my coffee until I discovered a local roaster that will sell directly to individuals. You have to set up a "corporate" account before they will sell to you. If you move back I'll share. :)

1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I dont know if my Auburn brethren know this, but Oregon views UDub as we view UGA. Most duck fans hate UDub more than Oregon State. Of course Oregon State is the "little brother" program in the state... But there is a DEEP hatred of anything UW in Eugene...

Well udub or the taildraggers, earned the roll of traitors in 1948 when they voted Cal into the Rose Bowl over Oregon. Up until that time the Pacific NW schools stuck together just like the Calif schools stuck together. Then the taildraggers broke ranks....

On 6/18/2019 at 8:15 PM, GoDucks349 said:

Pretty talented cast great movie👍

1 hour ago, GoDucks349 said:

Well udub or the taildraggers, earned the roll of traitors in 1948 when they voted Cal into the Rose Bowl over Oregon. Up until that time the Pacific NW schools stuck together just like the Calif schools stuck together. Then the taildraggers broke ranks....

I never knew what the deal was. I just knew UO and UW hated each other. The rivalry ALWAYS reminded me of the Auburn vs UGA rivalry. 

And we feel ya on the UO/OU thing. People call us University of Auburn all the time. There is no University of Auburn. We are Auburn University. Recruits will even say they have committed to the University of Auburn. I cant help but LoL.

Man... Have you seen what has happened to Colt Lyerla? Talk about wasted potential..  A couple of years ago he escaped from a jail before being sent to prison...and i saw him in lane county mugshots again today. He was arrested for possession of heroin and domestic abuse accused of strangling a woman. That young man had as much ability as ive ever seen and it was just wasted...

7 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I never knew what the deal was. I just knew UO and UW hated each other. The rivalry ALWAYS reminded me of the Auburn vs UGA rivalry. 

And we feel ya on the UO/OU thing. People call us University of Auburn all the time. There is no University of Auburn. We are Auburn University. Recruits will even say they have committed to the University of Auburn. I cant help but LoL.

Man... Have you seen what has happened to Colt Lyerla? Talk about wasted potential..  A couple of years ago he escaped from a jail before being sent to prison...and i saw him in lane county mugshots again today. He was arrested for possession of heroin and domestic abuse accused of strangling a woman. That young man had as much ability as ive ever seen and it was just wasted...

Yea, what a great talent. I'm assuming you saw the article in today's RG. Like they basically say, wish him well in turning around his life, but first lets hope no one else gets hurt.

On 6/8/2019 at 10:32 PM, Rednilla said:

"Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put."
--Winston Churchill

That out of the way, this is considered informal grammar, which means all that really matters is whether the information was understood. Now, obviously, you didn't understand the original post with which you took issue, because the first statement was hope that we win, which was followed by an if/then statement saying that IF we lose, THEN the hope is that we lose by a large margin. The fact that you used a flimsy grammatical miscue in attempt to belittle the poster belies your desperation to seem superior.

By the way, another faux pas in formal writing is that one not use contractions, which you did in your last sentence of the post I'm quoting. Also, you incorrectly called the member "diehard," when the screen name actually begins "dyehard." A REAL Auburn man, especially one of your longevity, should recognize that as a shout out to former coach Pat Dye.

You know as well as I do that “dyehard” does not really want Auburn to win. His hatred of Gus is what consumes him.  My correction of his grammar was only done because of his insult to his elder, something that seems to be way too common these days.  I called him “diehard” because I do not consider him worthy of using coach Dye’s name.

It is really ironic that this board is named “AU Family”.  Most here act nothing like how a family should act.  Ain’t that the truth?

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Everyone clamoring for Captain Funpants to stick around and post more often:

Image result for silence gif

200.gif

9 hours ago, eulessau said:

You know as well as I do that “dyehard” does not really want Auburn to win. His hatred of Gus is what consumes him.  My correction of his grammar was only done because of his insult to his elder, something that seems to be way too common these days.  I called him “diehard” because I do not consider him worthy of using coach Dye’s name.

It is really ironic that this board is named “AU Family”.  Most here act nothing like how a family should act.  Ain’t that the truth?

The irony is most family act like this and not like some weird cult that some of you are clamoring for. 

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

The irony is most family act like this and not like some weird cult that some of you are clamoring for. 

This is a perfect post. 

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

Haha. That part of the family that is constantly unsupportive and complaining don’t even receive a holidays post card from mine. 

Anybody that wants Auburn to lose is not family. Sorry Charlie. 

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Haha. That part of the family that is constantly unsupportive and complaining don’t even receive a holidays post card from mine. 

They are still your family whether you choose to send them a Christmas card or not. I don’t know too many families that all agree on everything and positive in every instance . If that is the case, then there is some underlying stuff going down.

I personally love the diversity of this forum. I accept the negative nancies and the blind loyalist as such. I think people who are okay with Gus being mediocre is just as bad as those who hope Gus fails for the betterment of the future of Auburn. Both are twisted logic , but at the end of the day, they still are Auburn. 

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This is a perfect post. 

10 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

tenor.gif

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

It takes all kinds of oddballs to make a family...

Screenshot_20190621-080533~2.png

Archived