War Damn Barbecue/Picnic Visitor Thread 7/27/19

ellitor

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

With us liking Domio & George at CB I wonder if we are liking Dennis at Safety along with Tennison?

What I'm thinking jmo of course we all know bird is the expert so wait for his ass to chime in

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

So, what was the menu today?

erer.jpg

54 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

So, what was the menu today?

Barbecue of course.

Phllip Webb visited Bama today & may be a priority for them now. They may about lose 5* Soph LB Eyabi Anoma via transfer.

Roydell Williams didn't visit AU or Bama because a family function came up.

LSU not having BBQ/cookout b/c THIS class almost full is odd. Not only do such functions of course create esprit d'corp among existing commits but as seen by our list of invitees, there's a recruiting class NEXT year too.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Phllip Webb visited Bama today & may be a priority for them now. They may about lose 5* Soph LB Eyabi Anoma via transfer.

Roydell Williams didn't visit AU or Bama because a family function came up.

Who is next in line at rush end/ buck?

5 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Who is next in line at rush end/ buck?

19 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Donell Harris I believe

Sounds like BJ Ojulari actually.

49 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Have we become a serious contender?

Keith's recruiting notes from Friday...

On 7/26/2019 at 2:23 PM, ellitor said:

Four-star defensive end BJ Ojulari of Marietta (Ga.) is not on the visitors list for Saturday at this time, but a source told us Friday they think the Tigers are a real factor in this recruitment and have a shot to land him. In fact, they may even lead, this person thought. He's certainly someone to track moving forward.

49 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Have we backed off on Harris?

No clue.

7 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

LSU not having BBQ/cookout b/c THIS class almost full is odd. Not only do such functions of course create esprit d'corp among existing commits but as seen by our list of invitees, there's a recruiting class NEXT year too.

Because mama said there will be no eating that messy BBQ in the new locker room. She hasn't had time to make the slipcovers for the seating yet. 

JUCO CB returns to Auburn

Mzrskpvehg9o2rxjxcud

AUBURN | Blinn Community College (Texas) cornerback Marco Domio returned to Auburn on Saturday for the Tigers’ end-of-the-summer picnic.

It was Domio’s second visit this summer, his first coming in June.

“Auburn is definitely high on the board,” Domio said. “Just the family-friendly environment. I didn’t expect much out of Auburn, Alabama, and it was much more than I expected. I knew a lot of the players and they are all friendly just like the coaching staff. I think I could fit in here well.”

Domio is looking for a school where he could make an immediate impact. He sees that opportunity at Auburn.

“That’s No. 1,” Domio said. “I’m looking for a place that I can come in and compete right away. I’m looking for a place with a plan for me.”

Domio has taken official visits to Auburn, Alabama and LSU. He lists the three SEC Western division schools in his final group, along with Oklahoma, Texas A&M and Kentucky.

“Auburn is definitely up there,” Domio said. “I like the coaches Coach (Marcus) Woodson is a very cool guy. He seems like he would be pretty hard, but from what I’ve seen he’s a real cool guy.”

Domio could be done with visits and a commitment could be next.

“I’ll be making my decision before the season,” Domio said.

@ellitor  what do you know about this GaQuincy McKinstry kid who just got a basketball offer as well and said that Auburn would let him play both sports.  Obviously a great athlete.

14 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

@ellitor  what do you know about this GaQuincy McKinstry kid who just got a basketball offer as well and said that Auburn would let him play both sports.  Obviously a great athlete.

Just that he's a 2021 5* DB both AU & Bama likes.

The GaQuincy McKinstry kid if he signed with a school to play football an d he also played basketball am I right in assuming he would only count against the FB scholarship limit.

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

The GaQuincy McKinstry kid if he signed with a school to play football an d he also played basketball am I right in assuming he would only count against the FB scholarship limit.

Correct.  The AU hoops offer is just a nice way of saying we want you,  but it would come off the 85 on the Football side.  

Anybody heard anything about Darius Gaddy, he's a 6'8" , 275 lb OT from Norcross GA,  that was supposedly at the picnic on Saturday?

he may be raw as an onion but he does have the size.  it does not look like any quality offers at this point. 

1 minute ago, Roos said:

Anybody heard anything about Darius Gaddy, he's a 6'8" , 275 lb OT from Norcross GA,  that was supposedly at the picnic on Saturday?

he may be raw as an onion but he does have the size.  it does not look like any quality offers at this point. 

Have not heard of him. Also @Roos when you post something like what is bolded above please state where you got it so it can be checked out when possible.

Sure- it is on his profile on Rivals, but you have to do a player search for him. Could not find him on 247, 

Did not know I bolded anything but will keep an eye out. 

4 minutes ago, Roos said:

Sure- it is on his profile on Rivals, but you have to do a player search for him. Could not find him on 247, 

Did not know I bolded anything but will keep an eye out. 

I bolded it to let you know to start posting where you are getting info from.

I just checked twitter. He visited today, not for the cookout. There is no AU related info on him yet. I'm not sure we will push for another OT anyway. The staff is leary Cohen may look around if we take another OT.

Archived