2020 4* Juco CB Brian George

ellitor

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/6/2019 at 11:27 AM, Sizzle said:

Hope the OV seals the deal 

Was sealed during the Iron Bowl visit it looks like.

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports

Senior Editor

AUBURN | 

will announce his commitment soon.

The four-star junior college cornerback is down to Auburn and Texas A&M and plans to make his choice in the next few days.

“Sometime this week on Twitter,” George said. “I’m working with my cameraman on a video right now, so it’s really on his time.”

George, from Highland Community College in Kansas, said Auburn has the edge entering the week.

“Auburn is at the top,” George said.

It doesn’t hurt the Tigers that George took an official visit to Auburn over the weekend.

“It was a great visit,” George said. “It was my third visit so I’m pretty familiar with the place. It was a great experience. Both sides of my family has seen the place now, so we enjoyed ourselves.”

George has now visited Auburn three times. He also visited last weekend for the Iron Bowl.

“They gave me my first opportunity, my first offer,” George said. “They were the first school to take a big risk on me. Plus, the football standpoint, the coaches, the family. I like to win and Auburn is obviously a winning program.

“I also feel like they give me the best opportunity to come in and go live my dream and take care of my family.”

George doesn’t plan to take anymore visits before announcing his decision.

“I’m done with visits,” he said. “I’ll have an announcement coming soon.”

Rivals ranks George, who is 6-foot-2 and 190 pounds, the No. 4 overall junior college recruit in 2020 and the No. 2 cornerback. He’s a mid-year graduate, so he’ll sign Dec. 18 and enroll in January with three years to play two.

I hope we get him! Sherwood + Smoke + Iggy + George would be a pretty stout secondary. Not to mention McCreary has looked good at times

Just now, Zeek said:

I hope we get him! Sherwood + Smoke + Iggy + George would be a pretty stout secondary. Not to mention McCreary has looked good at times

You are forgetting our JUCO corner currently committed!!! He's a freaking beaaaaaast!!!

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yeah. JLee now saying AU will definitely take a 3rd LB this class, either Tisdol or Eric Shaw but also made it sound like AU is not pushing for Tisdol yet.

The Shaw news is exciting to hear. Is that a strong possibility?

25 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

You are forgetting our JUCO corner currently committed!!! He's a freaking beaaaaaast!!!

Domio? He is very good! 

Just now, Zeek said:

Domio? He is very good! 

from Blinn CC!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Iggy may not be here but you are forgetting starting Nickel Tutt.

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

George is supposedly even better, like next level good.

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

The Shaw news is exciting to hear. Is that a strong possibility?

3rd LB yes. Not necessarily Shaw yet.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

George is supposedly even better, like next level good.

I think both are Sunday players!!! WOOOO!!!!!! Love love love love it man!!! LETS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Super excited about selectively and strategically taking beast JUCO players.

5 minutes ago, fredst said:

Are we going to sign George’s cameraman too, lol? Geez, all this silliness for commitment announcements. Hope we sign him though.

A lot of recruits do video story commitments now a days. I like them TBH.

56 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Iggy may not be here but you are forgetting starting Nickel Tutt.

I am! He’s been awesome especially on punt return. Iggy could go but I think he could use another season.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

A lot of recruits do a video story commitments now a days. I like them TBH.

Oh, I know. I liked Britt’s. All this hype for guys that haven’t payed a down of D1 football just seems ridiculous sometimes. Oh well, let them have their moment in the sun.

34 minutes ago, fredst said:

Oh, I know. I liked Britt’s. All this hype for guys that haven’t payed a down of D1 football just seems ridiculous sometimes. Oh well, let them have their moment in the sun.

I like it WAY WAY better than the played out hat dance!!! hahaha. 

40 minutes ago, fredst said:

As opposed to some kid picking up an Auburn hat and throwing across the gym?

13 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Did someone do that?  I only remember the UGA LB doing that to Tennessee two years ago on his signing day.

14 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

It’s funny to me that most of the guys who do that kind of stuff don’t go on to stardom. The greatest players at AU certainly didn’t act that way, on what should be a day of gratitude. 

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Did someone do that?  I only remember the UGA LB doing that to Tennessee two years ago on his signing day.

Nah, just saying if someone did that instead of a video this whole site would explode 

15 hours ago, fredst said:

All this hype for guys that haven’t payed a down of D1 football just seems ridiculous sometimes.

100%. But it's not the kids creating the hype. They're just supplying what the market demands.

Archived