Melo Ball

abw0004

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I wish we could get melo ball in this system....

I don’t.  :Sing:  Would not be worth the drama in the slightest.  He would create rifts on the team in my opinion

11 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I don’t.  :Sing:  Would not be worth the drama in the slightest.  He would create rifts on the team in my opinion

That doesn't make sense to me but ok

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

That doesn't make sense to me but ok

The Ball family coming to town.  The entitled son with the attention-desperate father.  Ball would think of himself over the team and isn’t even that amazing.  I would chose Cooper over Ball every time.  

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Because UGA has the best recruiter out of any of the programs on that list

Honestly for every recruit we compete with UGA on, I would just show them the two videos where their HC throws his players under the bus saying it wasn’t his fault they lost because “they weren’t his guys.”  Who wants to play for a guy like that?

9 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

The Ball family coming to town.  The entitled son with the attention-desperate father.  Ball would think of himself over the team and isn’t even that amazing.  I would chose Cooper over Ball every time.  

You've seen NOTHING from ANY of his kids to suggest that they are selfish. But yes he's entitled and I love it, media hates to see an African American boy like that. He's no different than the QB that played for Clemson or any of the other entitled athletes that's spread abroad. 

You'd pick Cooper every time but you'd lose, the talent gap between them isn't even close

You've seen NOTHING from ANY of his kids to suggest that they are selfish. But yes he's entitled and I love it, media hates to see an African American boy like that. He's no different than the QB that played for Clemson or any of the other entitled athletes that's spread abroad. 

You'd pick Cooper every time but you'd lose, the talent gap between them isn't even close

And how do you know what I have and haven’t seen?  I have seen his high school tape and the Lithuania coach interviews.  It has nothing to do with race.  That is a big stretch.  There are plenty of players with an ego.  I have no problem with ego.  Not my cup of tea but if you can back it up the ego go for it.  UCLA was very happy to get rid of the Ball family.

Do you not remember the drama at UCLA?  LaVar would be publicly calling for Bruce to be fired if he didn’t get his way.  Do you want Auburn to have all of that negative attention?  I certainly don’t.

4 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

And how do you know what I have and haven’t seen?  I have seen his high school tape and the Lithuania coach interviews.  It has nothing to do with race.  That is a big stretch.  There are plenty of players with an ego.  I have no problem with ego.  Not my cup of tea but if you can back it up the ego go for it.  UCLA was very happy to get rid of the Ball family.

Do you not remember the drama at UCLA?  LaVar would be publicly calling for Bruce to be fired if he didn’t get his way.  Do you want Auburn to have all of that negative attention?  I certainly don’t.

I know you haven't seen it because he's not a selfish player and passing is probably his best talent. So I know you haven't seen it. As far as you it may have nothing to do with race but the way the media tries to portray him which has tricked many people like you.

Yes UCLA was happy to get rid of the ball family AFTER they made UCLA millions of dollars. But UCLA didn't kick him off the team, they left. But just as you ask me how I know, how do you know half the stuff you said? 

I don't remember people talking like this about the manning family but go figure 👪

I know you haven't seen it because he's not a selfish player and passing is probably his best talent. So I know you haven't seen it. As far as you it may have nothing to do with race but the way the media tries to portray him which has tricked many people like you.

Yes UCLA was happy to get rid of the ball family AFTER they made UCLA millions of dollars. But UCLA didn't kick him off the team, they left. But just as you ask me how I know, how do you know half the stuff you said? 

I don't remember people talking like this about the manning family but go figure 👪

Well then you are dead wrong because I did watch his games just to see how he matched up to his brother.  I even watched his Insta stories.  Biggest waste of time.

UCLA wanted them gone.  Yes money was made, not disagreeing.  But UCLA was not fighting to keep his brothers.  And I just told you know I know this.  It’s not like videos or news were hard to find.

You can like the Ball family.  But I don’t.  I think the Auburn coaches would agree with me as well.  They don’t fit the culture of players they look for.  Melo I guess feels the same way with his “top three colleges” announced.  I still don’t think he will play college, but hey, if he is a team player in college good for him.  People can change, I’m not willing to forever say he can’t be a great teammate.  I just don’t think he is mature enough to see it at this point.  Most kids aren’t, nothing against him.

I agree the Manning Family wasn’t treated like this, but they also didn’t have an attention-seeking father who was willing to use his sons for financial gain.  Melo’s father pulling him to Lithuania will be the reason he may not play on college and get a fair shake in the NBA.

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I wish we could get melo ball in this system.....that would be AMAZINGand emoni Bates is a young guy who if he's not the best player in the NBA one day I'd be surprised

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Well then you are dead wrong because I did watch his games just to see how he matched up to his brother.  I even watched his Insta stories.  Biggest waste of time.

UCLA wanted them gone.  Yes money was made, not disagreeing.  But UCLA was not fighting to keep his brothers.  And I just told you know I know this.  It’s not like videos or news were hard to find.

You can like the Ball family.  But I don’t.  I think the Auburn coaches would agree with me as well.  They don’t fit the culture of players they look for.  Melo I guess feels the same way with his “top three colleges” announced.  I still don’t think he will play college, but hey, if he is a team player in college good for him.  People can change, I’m not willing to forever say he can’t be a great teammate.  I just don’t think he is mature enough to see it at this point.  Most kids aren’t, nothing against him.

I agree the Manning Family wasn’t treated like this, but they also didn’t have an attention-seeking father who was willing to use his sons for financial gain.  Melo’s father pulling him to Lithuania will be the reason he may not play on college and get a fair shake in the NBA.

I'm not going toargue with you. You absolutely positively did not see him play this past year and can say he's a selfish player. If you say he's selfish there's no way you can say Harper and Brown aren't selfish. You're just talking making up stuff about him being selfish. You're talking about him changing when there is nothing to say he's bad or ever been a bad teammate You haven't seen him do anything different than any other kid especially sharieff. He's much morearrogant than mello. Mello doesn't even hardly talk. 

What do you know about what type of player Bruce look for? And I don't know what you are talking about as far as the quotations and top college....He's not going to college he's going to go play professionally, if he was in this class he'd be top 5 player and if you don't think Auburn or UCLA would take him I don't know what to tell you. Who's not going to take a 6'7" point with unlimited range and an insane ability to pass the ball? 

And as far as manning...really? His dad through a fit and told a team his son wouldn't play for them.....What did balls dad really do??? Not let the system exploit his sons? Instead built a business for his sons that's worth millions.......yeah horrible father

6 hours ago, cole256 said:

I'm not going toargue with you. You absolutely positively did not see him play this past year and can say he's a selfish player. If you say he's selfish there's no way you can say Harper and Brown aren't selfish. You're just talking making up stuff about him being selfish. You're talking about him changing when there is nothing to say he's bad or ever been a bad teammate You haven't seen him do anything different than any other kid especially sharieff. He's much morearrogant than mello. Mello doesn't even hardly talk. 

What do you know about what type of player Bruce look for? And I don't know what you are talking about as far as the quotations and top college....He's not going to college he's going to go play professionally, if he was in this class he'd be top 5 player and if you don't think Auburn or UCLA would take him I don't know what to tell you. Who's not going to take a 6'7" point with unlimited range and an insane ability to pass the ball? 

And as far as manning...really? His dad through a fit and told a team his son wouldn't play for them.....What did balls dad really do??? Not let the system exploit his sons? Instead built a business for his sons that's worth millions.......yeah horrible father

Making assumptions again man.  Because I did watch his games.  It’s comical how you think I know what I do with my time and to even guess just shows you are really reaching.  And I do not understand why if anyone disagrees with you, you pitch a fit and start trying to call the poster out.  It’s childish.  I was just trying to have a mature discussion with you.

You can think Melo will be a great player (completely fine).  That’s great.  I do not (also fine).  Nor do I like his father.  UCLA and the Lakers organization also agree with me.  I am sure there are others that also agree with you in seeing his talent being able to translate.  Only worked out for Lonzo so far.  Only time will tell.

50 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Making assumptions again man.  Because I did watch his games.  It’s comical how you think I know what I do with my time and to even guess just shows you are really reaching.  And I do not understand why if anyone disagrees with you, you pitch a fit and start trying to call the poster out.  It’s childish.  I was just trying to have a mature discussion with you.

You can think Melo will be a great player.  That’s great.  I do not.  Nor do I like his father.  UCLA and the Lakers organization also agree with me.  I am sure there are others that also agree with you in seeing his talent being able to translate.  Only worked out for Lonzo so far.  Only time will tell.

That's what trip me out about you.....your entire foundation of this debate is an assumption, actually assumptions. You have no evidence to suggest this dude is a bad teammate so instead you rattle on about his brothers and dad. And even that is stupid, what does the Lakers jumping on a chance of signing a top 5 player has to with this guy being selfish? You don't think it's stupid to say a guy averaging over 7 sssits is selfish?

I follow the dude you looked him up.....clearly you don't know that's why you started talking about top 3 colleges and stuff. 

The only thing you could do is post several incidents that he's done or note several games where he wouldn't pass the ball....I know you can't because that film doesn't exist so instead you want to argue if I know if you watched clips or not which I'm not going to do.

And what's super funny is if you followed Cooper's dad is he acts like ball's dad! But you've been programmed and that's ok. That's why I brought up the manning's what their father did was despicable but that's not a problem but ball's dad that's what you can't stand lol, he crosses the line!

Oh and call you out? What are you talking about, if you can't take someone pointing out where your logic is flawed then don't post, at least not to me.

8 hours ago, cole256 said:

I'm not going toargue with you.

45 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That's what trip me out about you.....your entire foundation of this debate is an assumption, actually assumptions. You have no evidence to suggest this dude is a bad teammate so instead you rattle on about his brothers and dad. And even that is stupid, what does the Lakers jumping on a chance of signing a top 5 player has to with this guy being selfish? You don't think it's stupid to say a guy averaging over 7 sssits is selfish?  I haven't been posting statistics because last time I drown you in facts, sources, and statistics you flat out ignored them and did not post any yourself.  Your refused, so why waste my time?  Here is a fun snip-it though of an evaluation:

"It's not like the Ball brothers lit it up in Europe. They couldn't make it out of a lower league and burned some bridges while they were there. Nothing came out of Lithuania other than bad press and inferior competition.  LiAngelo didn't get drafted in 2018. LaMelo is talented but making the league seems like a long shot considering his father and the untraditional path he took. Both of these Ball brothers may never sniff an NBA court as a player."

I follow the dude you looked him up.....clearly you don't know that's why you started talking about top 3 colleges and stuff.  A simple Google search will show in February, Melo "announced" his top three college choices.  If you follow him this should be old news and not a surprise.

The only thing you could do is post several incidents that he's done or note several games where he wouldn't pass the ball....I know you can't because that film doesn't exist so instead you want to argue if I know if you watched clips or not which I'm not going to do.  Again not worth the time to post facts as it would be for nothing, because you would never change your position and also never post facts of your own.  The only time you did, was you posted an article, but you didn't read your own article to it's entirety because it concluded on my point.  

And what's super funny is if you followed Cooper's dad is he acts like ball's dad! But you've been programmed and that's ok. That's why I brought up the manning's what their father did was despicable but that's not a problem but ball's dad that's what you can't stand lol, he crosses the line!  That is odd.  One of my interns in Savannah is from Marietta and was childhood friends with Cooper.  But he would have no idea what the family is like...  :dunno:  I don't remember either father using his sons for financial gain and for attention.  I especially do not remember Archie pulling any of his son's from college, ruining their eligibility.  But maybe I am misremembering.  Who knows.

Oh and call you out? What are you talking about, if you can't take someone pointing out where your logic is flawed then don't post, at least not to me.  Is that what I said?  I could swear I said "And I do not understand why if anyone disagrees with you, you pitch a fit and start trying to call the poster out.  It’s childish."  So with that, your statement comes back directed to you with a few minor updates and fixing your grammar:  "What are you talking about?  If you can't take someone disagreeing with your logic, saying it's flawed then don't post.  At least not to me."

Tell you what.  If Melo gets more than a simple workout with an NBA team this time next year I will write a full article in how you are superior.  If he doesn't though, you get to write an article on this very thread in how you were dead wrong.  A top-5 player surely will get more than a workout.  Best way to settle this, let the kid show what he is made of.  I am completely fine with being wrong.  I love a good underdog story.

6 hours ago, abw0004 said:

This shows how stupid this is, you're talking about him being successful in the NBA and Auburn is a college, had I known you were saying he won't even get a work out I just would've laughed at you and said ok......this reminds me how you tried to argue with me about Russell Westbrook and you didn't know what the hell you were talking about.....and even if he wasn't good what does that have to do with you saying he was selfish and would cause a rift with the team??? 

So with that.....😂 ok

37 minutes ago, cole256 said:

This shows how stupid this is, you're talking about him being successful in the NBA and Auburn is a college  We were talking about both, but apparently you got lost in the fray.

had I known you were saying he won't even get a work out I just would've laughed at you and said ok.  Again your comprehension skills are lacking on top of your grammar.  What I said:  "If Melo gets more than a simple workout with an NBA team this time next year."

this reminds me how you tried to argue with me about Russell Westbrook and you didn't know what the hell you were talking about  It was Steph Curry.  Can you not even remember that?

and even if he wasn't good what does that have to do with you saying he was selfish and would cause a rift with the team???  You went off on all of these bunny trails.  Just like you tried to cry race and bring the Manning Family into this.  Picking up a few face palms and thumbs down on the way I see (not from me).

So with that.....😂 ok  That's fine.  From what I have stated above has shown you haven't been able to have a civil or comprehensive conversation.  I have had an answer at every turn which is why you kept trying to divert to another subject.  This was fun.

8 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Funny you're so smart and honest and Christian but you're quick with the jabs and you can't remember anything....wait a minute I'll be back

On 12/18/2018 at 8:00 AM, cole256 said:

I am very familiar with Westbrook and his story. He we absolutely known for his defense. It was his offense that needed work. He was measured at 6'3" and what makes him a freak is he has extremely long arms and that's why he can play the way he does. You may have seen me post and talk aboutarm length alot, that's why I go on and on about it so, in basketball it's very important and helpful. He was a terror on the defensive end and many people also includes rebounding as a defensive attribute and he does that on a high level as well. 

Harper maybe is 5'9" Westbrook is 6'3".....he's just lucky with the physical talent, he can attack the rim and jump over people Harper can't play that game. He can't finish like him. Harper has to find spots and finish. 

If I would have compared anybody to Westbrook that you may know it would be Colin sexton and that's still more of his STYLE of play. He was relentless in attacking. But with that being said he's still no Westbrook because he doesn't have his athleticism. I can't tell you what to think but you seem to either think Harper is bigger than what he is or Westbrook is smaller. Here's a pretty good websites scouting profile of Westbrook

Strengths: Athletic and explosive combo guard with the length to make up for his lack of height … Attacks the basket with a lethal first step and crossover ability … Can handle the rock well and gets into the lane effortlessly … Finishes well at the rim and is unafraid to go up in traffic … Huge wingspan allows him to play much bigger than his 6-3 height … Gets good lift on his jumpshot and has a quick release … Solid passer with unselfishness, always looks for the open man … Has an excellent mid-range game … A gym rat, really works hard to improve Has a great attitude, extremely coach-able … Has the potential to be a bigtime scorer when given the chance … Really excels defensively and has a chance to develop into a great defender … His anticipation for steals and his on ball defensive ability are special Solid passer who shows the ability to play the point guard position … 

Weaknesses: Playing at UCLA he has had a hard time gaining steady playing time (9 mpg) … He'll likely come off the bench as a sophomore, but should see increased action … Showing the ability to run the point position as well as play the 2-guard will upgrade his draft potential … Must become better at handling ball pressure at the point guard position … Must continue to improve his body strength … UCLA system will likely limit his ability to fully showcase himself … Needs to improve upon his free throw shooting (55%) … 

On 12/18/2018 at 6:28 AM, abw0004 said:

With all due respect as you know I do respect your posts, Westbrook wasn't known for his defensive prowness.  And I am also comparing to what Harper could be.  We need to consider Westbrook is 30, and Harper is what, 21?  It would be better to compare Westbrook when he was a rookie when he was 1" shorter and only 5 pounds heavier.  In his first year in the league his play was much different.  Westbrook was not a highly recruited person in high school either.  The UCLA coach had to be convinced to give him the last roster spot.

I do still stand behind my comments that Harper could be the next Westbrook, and that is a complement too.

Stop playing like you even know stuff you don't, you rely on a quick Google search to argue. Stop talking to me, I stopped dealing with you a long time ago. You just cry when somebody prove you wrong

yyu.gif

Just now, cole256 said:

Stop playing like you even know stuff you don't, you rely on a quick Google search to argue. Stop talking to me, I stopped dealing with you a long time ago. You just cry when somebody prove you wrong

See this is where it gets really funny.  You think I Google my info about Russell Westbrook?  Then you really do not pay attention to the NBA thread.  I am a Thunder fun through and through.  It is a part of who I am.  The only time I use Google is for when you ask for facts.  Something you have yet to master.  How do I cry?  I always approach this forum with respect and civility.  Whenever you feel like your ego is attacked you go after that person until they back down.  This isn't the first time that has been mentioned.  And now you are going after my faith?  Really?  Are you that low of a person?

Archived