2022 3* CB Andre Stewart (3/13/21: Kentucky)

ellitor

Update 1/8/20: deommits from AU

4 notable early offers in AU, Gators, LSU, & Kentucky

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Cool I guess. That’s a long time away tho 

True. That's why ellitor listed the Gatots having offered. He is young. 

😁

• Haha 3

The highlights in the OP  are his freshman year. Looks like a good physical youngster.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

The highlights in the OP  are his freshman year. Looks like a good physical youngster.

This guy is awesome.  I cannot believe his highlight is that good at such an early age.  I hope we can hang on to him. 

• Like 2

Wow, looks like a baller!  He will look great in Auburn digs.

On 7/30/2019 at 12:55 PM, tigerbrotha12 said:

J Lee writes that it’s “a big one.” Wonder what kind of rating we’re looking at. Still glad to get it going! War 2022 Eagle! 

The way he is starting out he would be in the top 50 for 2022.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

The way he is starting out he would be in the top 50 for 2022.

Yup! Not many kids have 6 P5 offers after their freshman year.

I'm just leaving this comment here to come back and look at in 3 years.

In before "We didn't want him anyway". Seriously though, a lot will change in 3 years. Hope this sticks, but kids this young should wait. Sounds like he committed to the coaching staff and everyone he mentioned could very well be gone in 3 years regardless of how the next couple of seasons play out.

Edited by AUcivE09

10 minutes ago, toddc said:

Not sure why people keep going negative on the recruiting forum when all is positive about it. Just enjoy what’s going on and keep your negativity for the football forum.

What's negative in this thread? @AUcivE09 has a point. 3 years is an eternity in recruiting & college football. A lot can happen between now & 2022 ENSD. His post isn't negative. It's realistic.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

What's negative in this thread? @AUcivE09 has a point. 3 years is an eternity in recruiting & college football. A lot can happen between now & 2022 ENSD. His post isn't negative. It's realistic.

I agree after re-reading and took it down. Guess I’m a little gun shy because of some of the negative postings and should have read more closely. Since that’s my only mistake this year I deserve leniency. 😝 

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

I really don't want it to be negative. I am very happy he is considering us. Truth is - he MAYBE just got his driver's license. He will be HEAVILY recruited non-stop. Even if he signs with us I will be absolutely shocked if he doesn't waiver on his commitment - and I will not blame him! Even though it is to the good guys I think these guys should wait unless they are just die hard bama hating, bulldog kicking Auburn fans.  

If rather have them committed to us as soon as possible, because something like 90+% stick with their commitment.

4 minutes ago, toddc said:

If rather have them committed to us as soon as possible, because something like 90+% stick with their commitment.

It's likely a bit less now a days but odds are still heavily in your favor after a public commitment.

• Like 1

Getting to know Auburn's newest commit, Andre Stewart

By Keith Niebuhr

MARIETTA, GEORGA -- When Andre Stewart committed to Auburn on Tuesday, little was known about the cornerback from Marietta High.

He had, after all, been a recruit who was not written about all that much leading up to his pledge. Then again, there was a good reason for that. Stewart is just a sophomore and has only played one season on the varsity at his school.

But as one dug deeper, the picture became a little more clear.

The 5-feet-11, 160-pound sophomore visited the Tigers last weekend -- a weekend in which Auburn brought in many key recruiting targets. Most were in the 2020 class. Some were 2021s. Then there was Stewarts, one of the chosen few 2022 recruits invited. That alone was a sign of the Tigers' high interest.

As a freshman, Stewart recorded 24 solo tackles for the Marietta varsity, one of the top programs in the Atlanta area. Additionally, he had five pass break-ups. That got the attention of several schools. In fact, Stewart also claims offers from programs such as Florida and LSU, which are known for their excellent defensive back evaluations.

Taking all of this into account, it's understandable why Auburn would offer him at such a young age.

In Auburn, Stewart seemed to find the perfect fit.

“I like the daily aspects they bring to the table,” Stewart said. “I like the atmosphere. I like how the coaches are really in-depth with their players. I like the scheme and how I can be a big factor there. And I like how I’m a top dog for them in 2022.”

He wasn't the only person in his family to feel that way. His father, who also trains him, echoed Stewart's feelings.

"Every time we speak with them, every time we see them they know my name, they know Andre's name," said Stewart's father, Maolo Stewart. "When I talked to Coach Steele, they really diagnosed his film. He said he was ready to play now, judging by his skill set. Some coaches said they like you and want you but are kind of just on the bandwagon. These guys did their home work in great detail.”

Stewart is the first 2022 commit for the Tigers. Auburn has two commits in the 2021 class (both are 4-star recruits, one being quarterback Aaron McLaughlin) and 15 for the 2020 group at this time (with up to 11 more spots to fill before all is said and done).

But ... why would Stewart commit so early in his prep career? We went to his school to find out. Watch our video interview above to learn more about the newest Auburn verbal.

War Eagle! Dear 2022 me, I hope you’re in a new career field and you’re finally living in Auburn with season tickets to all of the sporting teams events. 

10 hours ago, Zeek said:

War Eagle! Dear 2022 me, I hope you’re in a new career field and you’re finally living in Auburn with season tickets to all of the sporting teams events. 

And have plenty of national championship gear.

• Like 1

Kid has a lot of talent, still I don’t know why these young men commit so early like this. Enjoy your visits and time in high school and re-evaluate at the right time .

• ellitor featured and unpinned this topic
  • 1 year later...
  • ellitor changed the title to 2022 3* CB Andre Stewart (Update 1/8/20: deommits from AU)
  • ellitor unfeatured this topic
14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Tigerpro2a Did you use the search function?

I did. Weird. It still isn't pulling up.

edit- Now I just went back in and it is pulling it up. I wonder if I put a wrong letter or something in. Oh well. Thanks for moving. 

Edited by Tigerpro2a

I was so checked out from recruiting that i did not even know this guy had committed to us. But i'm back in the game now 😃

Though Andre has decomnitted, don't freak out. It's a long ways until signing day of 2022 and a lot can happen between now and then.