2022 3* CB Andre Stewart (3/13/21: Kentucky)

ellitor

9 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Though Andre has decomnitted, don't freak out. It's a long ways until signing day of 2022 and a lot can happen between now and then.

You are hilarious my friend.

On 8/6/2019 at 5:40 AM, DAG said:

Kid has a lot of talent, still I don’t know why these young men commit so early like this. Enjoy your visits and time in high school and re-evaluate at the right time .

worth repeating.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

New staff, old don’t apply I guess🤷🏻‍♂️ Assuming Mason likes what he sees

Just super confused because chose to Decomitt. I just assumed that his offer was still there. Good to give him another opportunity 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Just super confused because chose to Decomitt. I just assumed that his offer was still there. Good to give him another opportunity 

Yeah, I get it. Although, I think a lot of times that “I’m decommitting” is code for “I don’t really have an offer anymore so I’m ‘decommitting’ to save face”

• Like 4

12 hours ago, DAG said:

@DAGoffers don’t roll over from staff to staff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Auburn 'still in it' for Class of 2022 DB from Georgia

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports

Senior Editor

@JLeeAURivals

Andre Stewart thought he knew where he would play his college ball.

The Class of 2022 cornerback from Brookwood (Snellville, Ga.) committed to Auburn in July 2019.

Stewart was set. He was going to Auburn. But after the Tigers had three different cornerbacks coaches in Stewart’s 18-month commitment, he needed a new start.

Stewart needed to reset his recruitment, so he de-committed from Auburn on Jan. 8.

“I just want to start back over and make sure I make the right decision and go to the right place,” Stewart said. “I’m just going to let everyone recruit me and start over.”

Stewart hasn’t ruled out rejoining the Tigers’ class. Auburn, under new defensive coordinator Derek Mason and cornerbacks coach Zac Etheridge, has expressed strong interest in making it happen.

Auburn re-offered Stewart Jan. 13 and Mason and Etheridge both have reached out.

“Auburn is still in there, for sure,” Stewart said. “I just want to build relationships with the coaches because relationships are the most important things for me.”

Mason and Etheridge both have made strong first impressions.

“I like them both,” Stewart said. “I like them a lot. Coach Mason is a really cool guy and a great coach. And Coach Etheridge, he is real with me. I like what he has going on so far and the things we’ve talked about.”

Stewart will have plenty of options from which to choose. In addition to Auburn, he has offers from Oregon, Kansas, Boston College, Cincinnati, Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, Mississippi State and Arkansas, among many others.

Another commitment, however, isn’t planned anytime soon.

“I’m going to take my time,” Stewart said. “I want to make the best decision for me and my family.”

• 3 weeks later...

Former CB commit building bonds with new staff

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports

Senior Editor

@JLeeAURivals

Andre Stewartde-committed from Auburn in early January.

The cornerback from Brookwood (Snellville, Ga.) wasn’t familiar with the new staff at Auburn. He didn’t know cornerbacks coach Zac Etheridge. He’d never spoken with defensive coordinator Derek Mason.

Things now have changed.

“I talk to them all the time,” Stewart said. “I feel like I have good relationships going on with both of them, Coach Zac and Coach Mason. I like them both a lot. They are my guys.”

Relationships are important to Stewart. He wants to know the coaches, understand them and have bonds with them.

Stewart had it with the old staff and is building it with the new.

“I love the relationships I have going on with Coach Zac and Coach Mason,” Stewart said. “My relationships with them are getting to the point that I had with the last staff.

“I’m very happy with where it’s headed and where it can go.”

I don't know whether he will eventually re-commit to Auburn but I totally understand why he did this. I have never actually bought into you commit to the school not the coaches. There are a lot of nice schools out there. I personally think Auburn is the best but I lived there and matured there and graduated there. When you commit to play something like football the coaches become an integral part of your life you may be around them daily for multiple hours for the next 3-5 years, you want to be around somebody you have gotten to know who you think will help you as a football player, a student and as a person Because of that when there is a staff change it makes sense to slow down and re-evaluate till you get to know the new staff then make your decision.

• Like 2

• ellitor changed the title to 2022 3* CB Andre Stewart (Update 1/8/21: deommits from AU)
  • 1 month later...
On 2/12/2021 at 12:07 PM, ellitor said:

Andre is expected to recommit soon FWIW.

For @dilligas And others the above quoted post was from Jeffrey Lee a month ago. When Andre committed to Kentucky yesterday Keith said we had other CBs higher on the new staff’s board and were prioritizing them over Andre.

• Like 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2022 3* CB Andre Stewart (3/13/21: Kentucky)
  • 4 months later...

Tigers, former commit, reconnect for Big Cat visit

VIP By KEITH NIEBUHR 108 minutes a

Former Auburn cornerback commit Andre Stewart was back on campus Sunday and the 3-star recruit from Kennesaw (Ga.) North Cobb was happy to be there.

Edited by Paladin

Auburn showing ‘a lot of love’ to former commit

Bryan Matthews • AuburnSports

Senior Editor

AUBURN | A former Auburn commitment is now considering a recommitment after attending Big Cat.

Cornerback Andre Stewart from North Cobb in Kennesaw, Ga., was the Tigers’ first commitment in the 2022 class when he announced his decision two years ago. But a change in the coaching staff understandably caused him to reconsider.

He de-committed from Auburn in January and then committed to Kentucky in March. That’s where it stood until Sunday.

Stewart plans return to Auburn this fall for an official visit. (Rivals.com)

“Nothing’s over. I’ll just put it like that,” Stewart said. “You never know what things will happen. Keep talking with them and see where things go.”

Stewart enjoyed Big Cat, spending a lot of time with secondary coach Zac Etheridge.

“Me and Coach Etheridge and the whole Auburn staff have a great relationship. They always show a lot of love, text me all the time,” Stewart said.

“They’re on me hard, showing me a lot of love. Definitely want me to come down here, pull the trigger and all that. I love it.”

A meeting with head coach Bryan Harsin was one of the highlights of Stewart’s visit.

“Talking with the head coach and getting to know him like I knew Gus,” he said. “I had a little 1-on-1 time with him.

Stewart said he stays in contact with the Kentucky staff and they’re aware of his renewed interest in Auburn.

“They’re fine with it,” he said. “They love where I’m at right now with them. Just a great relationship with them as well.”

Stewart said is unsure when he’d like make a final, firm decision.

“I’ll talk it over with them, the family, and see what they think and all that,” he said.

Stewart said he’ll most likely return to Auburn for an official visit later this fall.

• 2 weeks later...

@bigbird

Is there any chance this thread could be moved back to the AU Football recruiting forum?

The new staff seems to be gaining traction with him and just reading Keith's Tweet he's a possible flip.

Edited by Paladin

1 hour ago, Paladin said:

@bigbird

Is there any chance this thread could be moved back to the AU Football recruiting forum?

The new staff seems to be gaining traction with him and just reading Keith's Tweet he's a possible flip.

denzel-washington-ask.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

35 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Hell you didn't do it as usual you take credit....Urban Cowboy

Link?

• Haha 1