MLB thread

GwillMac6

2 hours ago, SLAG-91 said:

One upside of the first couple of innings is that I got a good walk/jog in today...weather was fantastic.

My hope for the Astros this season was about as far as they've gotten now...and the Red Sox have zero excuse for losing this series.

Astros had thin pitching at best coming in, and no McCullers pretty much put a stick of dynamite in the staff. Bats will have to be on point and then some...can't count on that game in and game out, though.

So, expectations have been managed. 

Yea, a few players seem to find that gear for the Astros in playoffs, particularly Correa, Altuve, Bregman. They are going to miss George though.  I miss the Springer Dingers myself. 

Braves win game 1 on walk off. Great game. Playoff baseball. 

• Like 1

image.gif.83de6287bc0e03069a2d4c1afb6e69cd.gif

image.gif.25852fde38f7a3363a9db4dabb6e5844.gif

Minter’s wind up resembles Kimbrels with his off arm swinging. 

Keeping a level head since this is ATL sports after all. This team does seem like it has grown since last year. Last year was Fried, Anderson, and Rileys first crack at it. Good news is we get Morton and not Kyle Wright again. But we need Freddie to wake up if we want to pull this out imo. Lost 10/11 out there and we need to get one minimum 

Wow, another grand Slam given up by Astros. 3 in 2 games.  That's crazy.  Can't win too many games giving up 4 on 1 hit. 

8 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Wow, another grand Slam given up by Astros. 3 in 2 games.  That's crazy.  Can't win too many games giving up 4 on 1 hit. 

When the starters go a combined 5 1/3 innings in 3 games, you're pretty much ******. The '27 Yankees would have a hard time overcoming that level of suckitude.

I guess an upside is that the proverbial bullet to the head was once again delivered early, so I got a head start on some much-needed sleep last night.

Grienke has to find a way to eat some innings today and maybe we can win one 13-12 or something. :dunno:

3 hours ago, SLAG-91 said:

When the starters go a combined 5 1/3 innings in 3 games, you're pretty much ******. The '27 Yankees would have a hard time overcoming that level of suckitude.

I guess an upside is that the proverbial bullet to the head was once again delivered early, so I got a head start on some much-needed sleep last night.

Grienke has to find a way to eat some innings today and maybe we can win one 13-12 or something. :dunno:

Yea Boston always finds that insane power against the Stros

I feel like if Boston wins today they’ll close it out in game 6 in Houston. 

• Love 1

• Love 1

@autiger88

Edited by aubearcat
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

God I hope we win tonight, last night sucked. It was not a pretty game. 

Indeed 

6 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Damn it's not looking good at all now😡 looks like we may go to Houston down

😿

3 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

😿

Same 🤣 this team is not looking the same as it did the other night I don't understand how we went so cold all of a sudden. Hopefully the day off will help but who knows. 

Their pitching is still super suspect so hopefully the bats get hot again 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Their pitching is still super suspect so hopefully the bats get hot again 

Yeah that's true we haven't had the greatest of pitching this year. Yeah hopefully but we will be down going to Houston unfortunately.

Crazy series of blowouts, so probably means now Boston will blow out the next 2. Depends if the trash cans have been hidden lol. 

Honestly Houston has done worse at home recently then the road in the playoffs.  When they played the Nationals for example.  Every road team won.  

Did NOT see that outing coming from Valdez. 

At all.

Feels like playing with house money at this point, honestly.

• Like 1