MLB thread

GwillMac6

For a minute I was thinking this would happen on the same day but alas, tomorrow is Thursday and not Friday.  But hoping for a special end to the week with Braves and Astros clinching berths to the WS. My 2 favorite teams playing for it all.  So stoked, but gotta get there first.  Both teams are basically in the same position last year and both lost.  Hope both win the next game to do it.  Don't want MO to switch. 

So the Braves were the first team I ever watched and pulled for.  My grandfather and I would watch them nearly every night on TBS. He used to yell at Andruw Jones for swinging at the bad ones and let the ones down the middle just go without a swing lol.  God,I miss that time in my life as one of the true bonding memories I had with him. 

Then I moved to Louisiana for about 15 years, and got to rooting for the Astros being they were close by.  Actually blessed to go to a few games and one in a business suite (a loss to the Red Sox in the ALCS ironic enough). Went to a game during the WS year.  Afterward got an Astros jersey with the WS patch.  

And now they are each a win away.  So it's a dream matchup for me and hope it happens. 

I suppose I'll eventually start rooting for the Reds as well since they are only 90 mins away from me.  Saw the stadium from across the river this summer.  But in due time. 

PS. I'd be rooting for the Braves to win but would celebrate the win either way.  

Edited by AUBwins

image.gif.1809e0defecc87205e618236718d9cba.gif

Dang some of them Dodgers had some good breakfast yesterday.  Taylor with 3 dingers and Pollack with 2. Back to ATL.

15 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

200w.gif

Nah found a better one.  

katie-nolan-astros-cheat.gif

• Love 1

Not over yet, but that pitching staff is dealing right now. Honestly I like the Red Sox, but probably 3rd or 4th in my fave teams. 

I saw the umpire checking the glove walking off.  Do they check every inning or random or if requested? Anyone know? 

33 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Not over yet, but that pitching staff is dealing right now. Honestly I like the Red Sox, but probably 3rd or 4th in my fave teams. 

I saw the umpire checking the glove walking off.  Do they check every inning or random or if requested? Anyone know? 

It started this year and it's after everytime the pitcher leaves the mound, whether pulled mid inning or half inning ends.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

They are checking every inning during the post season. 

Well to be honest not a fan of the stros hopefully Braves win(probably won't will choke like always) but if they do I will cheer for them to win it all because I can't cheer for LA or Stros. Go Sox hopefully next year we can get some players we need and go all the way next year. 

3 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

They are checking every inning during the post season. 

Well to be honest not a fan of the stros hopefully Braves win(probably won't will choke like always) but if they do I will cheer for them to win it all because I can't cheer for LA or Stros. Go Sox hopefully next year we can get some players we need and go all the way next year. 

I was actually a Braves fan first.  So if they make it in, I'm actually rooting for them but will celebrate either way.  Never liked Dodgers.  I think it started because I hate their stadium lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I was actually a Braves fan first.  So if they make it in, I'm actually rooting for them but will celebrate either way.  Never liked Dodgers.  I think it started because I hate their stadium lol

Yeah I'll cheer for the Braves if they make it. I grew up being a Red Sox fan, never cared either way for the Braves but I like them over the Stros and LA. Both of them can fall off the planet for all I care 😂 still don't hate them as much as I do the Yanks though so there is that. Lmao  

Edited by autiger88

Still cannot believe how this series flipped on its head at the end of Game 4.

Young fellas came through in the clutch, and an unbelievable amount of scoring with 2 outs.

An old NL West reunion of some sort awaits. 

20211022_223855(1).jpg

7 hours ago, autiger88 said:

Yeah I'll cheer for the Braves 

image.gif.37ea73f26827a14ebb211d5585577041.gif

The Dodgers are my other team so I’m all Dodgers Blue now.  ‘22 is my 20th wedding anniversary and my wife said the plan is to take an anniversary trip to Boston and go to a Sox game and one of the other Boston area teams games. Then for the 25th we’ll go to Chavez Ravine and get a Dodger Dog. If the braves win, mlb is dead to me until spring training ‘22. It’d be like watching the bammer v uga championship game. I won’t watch any sports channels or anything until I feel like they talk has died down. I’ll watch AUburn, the NHL, …etc but the World Series won’t exist to me 😂😹

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, aubearcat said:

The Dodgers are my other team so I’m all Dodgers Blue now.  ‘22 is my 20th wedding anniversary and my wife said the plan is to take an anniversary trip to Boston and go to a Sox game and one of the other Boston area teams games. Then for the 25th we’ll go to Chavez Ravine and get a Dodger Dog. If the braves win, mlb is dead to me until spring training ‘22. It’d be like watching the bammer v uga championship game. I won’t watch any sports channels or anything until I feel like they talk has died down. I’ll watch AUburn, the NHL, …etc but the World Series won’t exist to me 😂😹

I'm hoping in the next couple years I can make it up to Boston and catch a game. My wife promised me we would one day. 

Matzek has massive cajones. Just straight went after Mookie Betts with 3 straight heaters! Struck out side with 2 on, up 2.

BRAVES WIN! BRAVES WIN!

BRAVES ON THEIR WAY TO THE WORLD SERIES!!!!

LOVE IT!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

See y’all in the spring. 

Manfred better bring his ear muffs to the World Series...neither city has any love for the commish. 

Delicious irony that after yanking the ASG from Atlanta, the Braves will get to host 2-3 World Series games. Can't relocate those, Rob...enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Because I HATE the braves so much, give me the ‘stros. 

image.gif.67bcf31e5dec54879537037912299b2d.gif

• Like 1