Quaint article about Mustapha Heron

https://nypost.com/2019/07/22/how-mustapha-heron-is-making-st-johns-his-team/?utm_source=NYPTwitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=SocialFlow

My favorite part:

Despite the duo’s return, expectations aren’t high for St. John’s, at least from the outside. Most projections have the Johnnies in the bottom three of what should be an improved Big East after losing starters Shamorie Ponds, Marvin Clark II and Justin Simon. The roster is filled with question marks after Heron and Figueroa, uncertainty about the transfers and underclassmen. But Heron likes what he has seen so far. He knows how hard Anderson’s style is to deal with, describing it as “hell to play against,” and sees promise in the program’s unproven players.

“Last time somebody predicted [my team] would finish [low],” he recalled with a smile, “I won a league championship at Auburn.”

Guy has the mentality of a winner and was apparently hurt for much of last season. Per his Pan Am performances, he's doing great this summer and hopefully that translates to the season. 

Here is a like for managing to find a way to work in the word Quaint on a thread title! lmao 

tr.gif

I hate he made such a huge mistake leaving Auburn.  I never really understood it but there may have been more to it than was made public.

5 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I hate he made such a huge mistake leaving Auburn.  I never really understood it but there may have been more to it than was made public.

His mother had health issues and he wanted to be back in the northeastern part of the country to be closer to her.

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

His mother had health issues and he wanted to be back in the northeastern part of the country to be closer to her.

Ahh, I forgot about that.  Thanks.

Archived