Auburn takeover on SEC

Carnell

Question for the Board

Who makes the decision for games to be shown on Auburn Takeover Day on the SEC network.  All the football games shown are 2010, and 2013 and thank goodness we won in 2017 giving us another year.  Sure enough 8 months later guess what game we got see on Auburn takeover in 2018.  

MSU played their 1980 victory over Alabama.

To me showing just those games all the time is like an insult in that our football program was just born and that we dont have a rich football tradition.  

I personally would like to see games like 1968 Auburn vs Tennessee, 1972 Tennessee game and 1972 and 1974 gator bowl to name a few.  I think some of the younger people would enjoy those games and see the differences in the way the games are played.

5 hours ago, Carnell said:

Question for the Board

Who makes the decision for games to be shown on Auburn Takeover Day on the SEC network.  All the football games shown are 2010, and 2013 and thank goodness we won in 2017 giving us another year.  Sure enough 8 months later guess what game we got see on Auburn takeover in 2018.  

MSU played their 1980 victory over Alabama.

To me showing just those games all the time is like an insult in that our football program was just born and that we dont have a rich football tradition.  

I personally would like to see games like 1968 Auburn vs Tennessee, 1972 Tennessee game and 1972 and 1974 gator bowl to name a few.  I think some of the younger people would enjoy those games and see the differences in the way the games are played.

Last I saw @Carnell was the SEC Network wasn't doing team takeover days this year. They did on-air talent & analyst takeover days where talent & analysts chose their most memorable games from this past year & they've already had them.

When there was team take over days what was on was decided by producers of the network. I think they also did some fan polls on twitter to get some input. As for being upset with the games, I've said many times the people running the network is very lazy. The channel isn't worth watching beyond live games.

18 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Last I saw @Carnell was the SEC Network wasn't doing team takeover days this year. They did on-air talent & analyst takeover days where talent & analysts chose their most memorable games from this past year & they've already had them.

When there was team take over days what was on was decided by producers of the network. I think they also did some fan polls on twitter to get some input. As for being upset with the games, I've said many times the people running the network is very lazy. The channel isn't worth watching beyond live games.

Thanks for the info.

Archived