Fall Camp: Practice 1 Observations

leglessdan

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, bigbird said:

ornithological

What does working on teeth have to do with anything?

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

When the time comes (probably not far away) I recommend starting off with 1.5 power on the reading glasses.

Magnification is 200% on computer as is. Lol Low vision is a side effect of my cerebral palsy.

18 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Magnification is 200% on computer as is. Lol Low vision is a side effect of my cerebral palsy.

I was unaware, thanks for pointing that fact out.  Apologies.

So glad to hear that CGM and CKD are really throwing a lot at Joey and Bo. The media and most fans seem to  have anointed Joey as the sure bet starter, but I'm reserving judgment. The coaches know what they want out of their freshman QB. That said, I'm thinking that both will see some playing time against Oregon, and if they are both as good as expected, look out Quackers!

In my CFB thread I like to purvey, someone was watching the SEC title game and mentioned we were #2. I hope this is repeated every day in practice to these guys to show them what they’re capable of and how close they got to glory 

i know they also did that in 2014, don’t ruin my train of thought

On 8/3/2019 at 2:00 PM, McLoofus said:

He's solidly an RB now.

Supposedly full back per Brandon Marcello yesterday.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Interesting

You were right the 1st time. Brandon didn't hear his source right.

17 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

When they say fullback do they mean HB? Or are we shifting to a new 2 back set this year?

I wonder about that, too. 

Seems we have a bit of a logjam with multiple options at H, TE, big slot, whatever. Maybe Gus is exploring some 2013-type sets like how we used Prosch? We've certainly got the pieces, at least on paper.

image.jpeg

37 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

When they say fullback do they mean HB? Or are we shifting to a new 2 back set this year?

There apparently is no full back anymore in our system & HBs & TEs are expected to be cross trained more so there are less substitutions regardless if they line up on the line or backfield..

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

There apparently is no full back anymore in our system & HBs & TEs are expected to be cross trained more so there are less substitutions regardless if they line up on the line or backfield..

Makes sense

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Thank goodness. This multi year experiment in platooning needs to end. 

2 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Thank goodness. This multi year experiment in platooning needs to end. 

Missouri. It's thank goodness when we see it done on Saturdays.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Show me state?

tenor.gif?itemid=10540422

46 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I agree completely.  Another question I have is will Gus stick with this philosophy if the going gets tough or will he start trying to out think himself again.

Archived