2019 AU Football Man Crush

ValleyTiger

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

He was good to me last year.  Have fun with him!

He’s been one of my favorites for the past 2 years. Just seems like a silent leader on that defense. Just gets his job done. Hope he shows out this year! 

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Maybe you could help me out by crushing a little on Gus. And @Ber798297, too! It takes a village! 

My crushes curse players. Not sure the effect it has on coaches. 

I do love me some Gus though. I like the entire coaching staff. I got to meet Bruce and Gus this summer and was very much fangirling.

21 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Nick Coe - sack leader from last year is still on the board I'm surprised.

I was surprised too. I wanted him but had to keep the streak alive.

3 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Didn't you pick Tua last year??? 😂

And he was garbage when it mattered. So it worked!

37 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Nick Coe - sack leader from last year is still on the board I'm surprised.

Coe and Boobee still 🥰-less is very surprising....

Finally able to jazz up my initial post with a very fitting pic of my dude, Britt.

🎶Let's get it on... :wub:

OK, I'm going with...............

GUS MALZAHN!!!

It's early.  Get over it.

43 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Coe and Boobee still 🥰-less is very surprising....

I almost went with Boobie but decided to stay with my man Coach Steele

19 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

GUS MALZAHN!!!

Sorry, I already got him. If you want to fight me for him... :Sing: I keep thinking he's gonna redeem himself.

19 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

GUS MALZAHN!!!

3rdgeneration picks him every year. You want someone else? Say there's plenty of likely starters and other coaches available.

Just now, 3rdgeneration said:

Sorry, I already got him. If you want to fight me for him... :Sing: I keep thinking he's gonna redeem himself.

No, I didn't mean to grab an already-taken Gus.  Sorry.  I'll choose someone else.  And yes, he's gonna redeem his self this year.

1 minute ago, ValleyTiger said:

3rdgeneration picks him every year. You want someone else? Say there's plenty of likely starters and other coaches available.

OK, I'll check the availability and choose someone else.  Thanks.

5 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

Ladies and Gentlemen, it has arrived!! Auburn Football has returned to the practice fields in preparation for the 2019 season. It is once again time for some doting. Please read the rules, especially 4 and 5. These boys, all of ‘em, need our admiration. 

Here's the gist, this thread is for you to select a football player/coach that you will follow throughout the season, and HOPEFULLY, post something about your "Man Crush" as often as possible, touting stats and achievements, contributions. In other words, after a game, start some banter about your guy and support him relentlessly. Feel free to brag about your dude anywhere and everywhere. Hell, shout it from the rooftops.

Man Crush Rules:

1. Man crush must be a member of the team or coaching staff 

2. You can only have 1 man crush

3. You must stick with your dude all season (unless he is kicked off team/academically ineligible/etc.). If your dude gets injured or temporarily suspended, you gotta stick by him through the tough times.

4. first come, first served.

5. You can't be crushing on someone else's man.

I'll get us started.

I'm crushing on KJ “Downhill” Britt! 

Defense wins championships!

092518_KJ_Britt.jpg

Official list:

ValleyTiger - KJ Britt

GwillMac6 - Coach Marcus Woodson

tigerchris - Derrick Brown

aujeff11 - Joey Gatewood

WarTim - Bo Nix

AlaskanFan - Big Kat Bryant

Maverick.AU - Shaun Shivers

gr82be - Anders Carlson

bigbird - Javaris Davis

Auwardamn - Seth Williams

ellitor - Coach Kenny Dillingham

Tiger Refuge - Owen Pappoe

Auburn Kev - Anthony Schwartz 

tbone1430 - Marlon Davidson

WFE12 - Marquis McClain

I_M4_AU - Will Hastings

AUBWins - Arryn Siposs

Barnacle - Bill Taylor

abw0004 - Eli Stove

AUsince72 - Kaleb Kim

toddc - Mathew Hill

api1957 - Chandler Wooten

Tigerpro2a - Daniel Thomas

3rdgeneration - Coach Gus Malzahn

Ber798297 - Coach Kevin Steele

McLoofus - TD Moultry

johnnyAU - DJ Williams 

jared52 - Noah Igbinoghene

WarEagle2423 - Jeremiah Dinson

OK, it doesn't look like Prince Tega Wanogho has been taken.  If not, I'll take him.

I don't know if y'all remember, but my guy Britt...he can carry that rock too! Look at that footwork down the sideline! :yay:

On a side note, @Tigerpro2a, ya dude Thomas looked to be ok after that low blow...ouch.

092218_Ark_AUtv73_KJ_Britt.jpg

d570b2a3-5763-463c-af76-d97ea5d8de0a-jc_

31 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Who could not love this guy?  He stands for all the undersized, small athletes with a big heart.

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Who could not love this guy?  He stands for all the undersized, small athletes with a big heart.

He's basically the same size as Ryan Davis and Antonio Brown. He's got quicker cuts than just about anyone else on the team. Dude set records in drills before he ever did much of anything on the field. His heart might be big but I don't know if it's any bigger than anyone else's on the team. What I do know is that he's a better athlete than most of the other guys. 

I'm not sure if fans of other teams dismiss smaller players like Auburn fans do, but it's really been something to witness the last six or seven years. Maybe "we" will learn one day. 

Sorry. Not crapping on your post. It's just that people were calling Gus an idiot for even letting this guy on the field and clamoring more highly recruited players, but now he's a returning hero. I just really want Auburn fans to quit basing their full assessment of a player on metrics from a recruiting profile.

Yes, Will is a big example of why. 

18 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Sorry. Not crapping on your post.

I didn’t take it that way.

18 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I just really want Auburn fans to quit basing their full assessment of a player on metrics from a recruiting profile

The big metric guys are the ones that have so much potential and it is easy to assume their contributions to the team will be huge.  I enjoy seeing player develop and Will is a prime example of this.  I’m glad he has had the opportunity. 

Archived