2019 AU Football Man Crush

ValleyTiger

Welp..... My Crush is at least intelligent & articulate. 

Now, let's see if he can pave some holes for the RBs & keep the QB clean.

War Eagle Kaleb! 

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I'm late to the party I'll have to go with my favorite backup player based on name alone.  Brodarious Hamm

46 minutes ago, McFU said:

Since I'm late to the party I'll have to go with my favorite backup player based on name alone.  Brodarious Hamm

He's not many bad breaks away from being a starter at this point. And awesome name, agreed.

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:
1 hour ago, McFU said:

He's not many bad breaks away from being a starter at this point. And awesome name, agreed.

Ready made state of Alabama nick-name: "B'Hamm"!

5 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Ready made state of Alabama nick-name: "B'Hamm"!

I just always think of my uncle in Arkansas whose pride and joy is an old Cadillac "Bro-Ham". He's a true country character with a sorta-high-pitched voice and a deep accent. So I can't ever hear anything other than him saying "Bro Hamm". A blessing and a curse, I suppose. 

2 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Just a heads up of who is going to get the 1st sack of the season!

A4CF6011-4D8F-4F68-A9E2-477CD078276F.jpeg

Saw this on Twitter, fits with “Big Kat”

9A094CB2-3690-4BAB-896B-A4749B938AD9.jpeg

2 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Just a heads up of who is going to get the 1st sack of the season!

A4CF6011-4D8F-4F68-A9E2-477CD078276F.jpeg

I hope you and I get to have a lot of arguments about whether BKB or Moultry is better, fed by a running sack count for the 2.

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I hope you and I get to have a lot of arguments about whether BKB or Moultry is better, fed by a running sack count for the 2.

On behalf of BKB

72C2B75B-991F-4F97-A5F5-CAC7209EF37D.gif

Shivers becoming a more dangerous weapon

K8hlruwf37cqk7dqudcv

Shivers, who switched to the No. 8 jersey this fall, goes through a drill during fall camp. (Todd Van Emst/Auburn athletics)
Bryan Matthews • AuburnSports

AUBURN | Shaun Shivers showed off his big-play potential last season. With that experience and a hard-working offseason, the sophomore running back is ready to be even more productive in year two.

He’s placed an emphasis on being a better receiver out of the backfield.

“After practice I stay catching football and then after I do that, I just show, like I try to get some routes that we run in practice and I run routes, and show coach I can catch the football,” Shivers said.

Shivers rushed for 371 yards and three touchdowns on 70 carries as a true freshman. His only two receptions netted (-8) yards. He had a 7-yard touchdown run against LSU, a 25-yard TD run against Liberty and a 75-yard TD run at Alabama that was called back due to a penalty.

The 5-foot-7 and now 179-pound Shivers said he enters this season a much more confident player. He’s worked on being more patient as a running back, a hallmark of his new running backs coach, Carnell Williams.

“I can pass block and I’ve been working on my catching,” Shivers said. “I can catch the football and obviously I can run the football.

Williams, an All-American running back for the Tigers and a first round pick in the 2005 NFL Draft, sees a lot of himself in Shivers.

“He is a great young man,” Williams said. “A guy who always comes with a smile on his face. A guy who's always energetic, hard-working. I mean, if he had a bad day since I've been here, I can't tell. I mean he has been so great for not only my room, but i feel like this team. Because he is a guy to go 110 percent each and every day. He's a guy that's locked in.

“So I am excited to see what he brings, because you know, one thing I know is you can't coach speed. And he has a lot of it. I am looking forward to seeing him in some open fields and running away from guys.”

No. 16 Auburn opens the season against No. 11 Oregon Saturday at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. Kickoff is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. CT on ABC.

https://auburn.rivals.com/news/auburn-tigers-football-shaun-shivers-becoming-a-more-dangerous-weapon

I am still taking my guy from last year even though I didn't technically claim him...   Iggy is THE man!  He did a great job tonight. Had the 1 BiB call that was BS but man he shut down their WRs

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Did you see my boy McClain!

Everyone saw my man J. Davis.

Drops head and sulks away...

My man Siposs did a lot better with his punts 2nd half.  He was out kicking the coverage most of the game. Later added the hang time and shortened it up a little.  Saved us. A big return in those moments would have given more scoring chances for Oregon. Well done Mr Aussie. 

I'm sticking with my man crush, Ol' Gus, for the time being. He has a different energy this year. He wasn't perfect tonight, but the ending of the game was perfect. It can be frustrating when he doesn't do what we all think he should do, but a victory like tonight is sweet. 

I've also decided that I will not go to the game thread. I'm only going to read the post-game thread for now. If this team can pull out a messy win like this one, I am not going to submit myself to all the angst and gnashing of teeth in the game thread. I'll just bask in the glory of a win. :nanner:

34 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Everyone saw my man J. Davis.

Drops head and sulks away...

Dude got straight Moss'd but it's on him to bounce back.

Archived