Talking Past Flips

AUTiger2012

I do not know anything about Tank or his family personally.  Im just saying UGA does not usually lose this kind of steam with a priority recruit for them and Kirby always seems to find a way to stick it to us on the recruiting trail.  Im just saying that if its too good to be true, usually it is.  If Im wrong, and I  hope I am, then we can all be happy together lol.

ETA: Topic was split from the Tank thread. - E

25 minutes ago, AUTiger2012 said:

I do not know anything about Tank or his family personally.  Im just saying UGA does not usually lose this kind of steam with a priority recruit for them and Kirby always seems to find a way to stick it to us on the recruiting trail.  Im just saying that if its too good to be true, usually it is.  If Im wrong, and I  hope I am, then we can all be happy together lol.

Or our staff can actually beat UGA sometimes on the trail. Let’s go with that one.

58 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Or our staff can actually beat UGA sometimes on the trail. Let’s go with that one.

I agree that they can as well.  We have evidence in players like Derrick Brown and Carl Lawson.  But we also have a lot of evidence of players that committed to Auburn and for all intents and purposes were basically a plant in the class by Kirby to hit us where it hurts at the most opportune time.  Im not even saying that this is an example of that.  I am simply saying it does not hurt to be aware of the possibility.

52 minutes ago, AUTiger2012 said:

But we also have a lot of evidence of players that committed to Auburn and for all intents and purposes were basically a plant in the class by Kirby to hit us where it hurts at the most opportune time. 

Auburn people need to get this type of thinking out of their heads. While some late flips or...surprises can definitely be attributed to that happening, this is little brother thinking at its finest.

2 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

I think once you get burnt in so many different ways, you get a bit closed up when another similar situation arises

6 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Auburn people need to get this type of thinking out of their heads. While some late flips or...surprises can definitely be attributed to that happening, this is little brother thinking at its finest.

It's not about little brother syndrome.  It's about a known quantity in Kirby Smart.

If you only knew...

See I dont feel like its little brother.  I feel like it is a reasonable possibility since it has happened almost every year since TJ Yeldon.  I mean once or twice is an unpleasant suprise.  3-5+ times is a pattern and apparently a recruiting strategy for Kirby at both bama and uga.  And its onethat I believe should be considered especially when a recruit magically seems to lose interest in them when most recruiting analysts held off predictions or predicted georgia.  Im not saying AU cant beat Georgia that would be an ignorant statement.  Im saying that it seems suspicious when everything seems to just fall perfectly into place for apparently no reason.

Yeah. Yeldon, Foster, CyKo, Evans, the punk kid last year... I mean, one of those kids had an Auburn tattoo. One of them committed to us on NSD and turned right around and flipped. All of them were absolutely massive recruits and all of them happened in the last 10 years. I'm aggressively anti-LBS but I don't blame people for waiting to see who it's gonna be this year. 

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah. Yeldon, Foster, CyKo, Evans, the punk kid last year... I mean, one of those kids had an Auburn tattoo. One of them committed to us on NSD and turned right around and flipped. All of them were absolutely massive recruits and all of them happened in the last 10 years. I'm aggressively anti-LBS but I don't blame people for waiting to see who it's gonna be this year. 

I think the kid last year was very different from the rest of those. Our players flat out came out and said what happened on twitter. That NEVER happens. Even if it is suspected. 

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I think the kid last year was very different from the rest of those. Our players flat out came out and said what happened on twitter. That NEVER happens. Even if it is expected. 

Very good point. 

To flip a phrase around, get 'em if you got Smoke, DBs.

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Very good point. 

To flip a phrase around, get 'em if you got Smoke, DBs.

One other thing. Kirby clearly does doing this to AU consistently through the years but I will say on Rashaan Evans I will always believe that one was set up just as much by his father as it was Kirby. The whole grandpa birthday party fiasco made our staff look like chumps. And this is just my own personal opinion but to me he clearly harbored decades of resentment towards AU and this was his way of getting back at us and "sticking it" to AU. At least with Evans it only felt like we led for the last couple of months leading to NSD. He was not committed thankfully at any point to us but I do see why people lump it in with the other flips in this category. 

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I think the kid last year was very different from the rest of those. Our players flat out came out and said what happened on twitter. That NEVER happens. Even if it is suspected. 

What did they say? I thought they basically said he got paid. How is that different from the rest?

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

What did they say? I thought they basically said he got paid. How is that different from the rest?

Think Gwill was saying typically our commits aren’t screaming to the world that the guy that flipped got paid. G*orge P*ckins was the first flip that our guys actually said something about money.

15 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yeah. The way he went about it, it kinda felt like he was rubbing it into our face.

at least when Foster and Evans committed away, they kinda looked nervous at the commitment table like they knew they were going to disappoint people. 

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

One other thing. Kirby clearly does doing this to AU consistently through the years but I will say on Rashaan Evans I will always believe that one was set up just as much by his father than Kirby. The whole grandpa birthday party fiasco made our staff look like chumps. And this is just my own person opinion but to me he clearly harbored decades of resentment towards AU and this was his way of getting back at us and "sticking it" to AU. At least with Evans it only felt like we led for the last couple of months leading to NSD. He was not committed thankfully at any point to us but I do see why people lump it in with the other flips in this category. 

Yeah. Different circumstances each time. The CyKo thing was some other weird deal. Foster committed to Troop and not Auburn. Etc.

But it does keep happening for whatever reason- maybe just goes along with the territory of being Nice Guy U with an annual matchup against Dirtbag Buttsniffer Leghumper U- and I just meant to say that I get why folks are gun shy.

It's kind of like waiting for a 5* guy to flop or be excused from the team. Just seems to happen every other year or so. Different reasons and not necessarily anyone's fault. 

11 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Yeah. The way he went about it, it kinda felt like he was rubbing it into our face.

at least when Foster and Evans committed away, they kinda looked nervous at the commitment table like they knew they were going to disappoint people. 

They may have been nervous wondering how they were going to get out of the city of Auburn alive. LOL

What was the lb/do that was committed to is but now is with uat? I think the last second flip dude from the 2019 class was done in the 2-3 weeks before NSD.  You could see something was different....BTW I am loving this class so far! War Eagle! IGTBAAT!

11 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

What was the lb/do that was committed to is but now is with uat?

The ones from this class are Quan Robinson & Demouy Kennedy. Q would have been a Buck End for us.

How can we have a conversation about underhanded recruiting involving Bama/Kirby without even a shout out to Brent Calloway? I mean, Peaches had to kidnap that kid to keep him from Auburn! He didn't turn out to be as good a player, but he deserves an honorable mention in the ridiculous recruiting discussion.

1 minute ago, mcgufcm said:

How can we have a conversation about underhanded recruiting involving Bama/Kirby without even a shout out to Brent Calloway? I mean, Peaches had to kidnap that kid to keep him from Auburn! He didn't turn out to be as good a player, but he deserves an honorable mention in the ridiculous recruiting discussion.

Thought about him, too, but couldn't remember his name. Good call.

20 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

yep good old Peaches

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

lol You just answered your own question. That never happens where our  players come out and actually say Pickens got paid. Clayton summed it up perfectly.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

lol You just answered your own question. That never happens where our  players come out and actually say Pickens got paid. Clayton summed it up perfectly.

The way the post was worded sounded more like you were saying their recruitments were different moreso than AU commits talking about it FWIW.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Thought about him, too, but couldn't remember his name. Good call.

It was because he was the only one out of the bama "flips" who did not work out on the field in college so he gets lost in the shuffle and not ever mentioned so we do not care as much about him.  But man that may of been the strangest one with the circumstances surrounding it. I mean he goes missing in the weekend leading up to his announcement and no one can get a hold of him?! lol what in the freaking world? That is absolutely ridiculous. You cannot script this stuff. Try explaining this to a NFL only fan. They would not believe you most likely.

Archived