Talking Past Flips

AUTiger2012

12 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

It was because he was the only one out of the bama "flips" who did not work out on the field in college so he gets lost in the shuffle and not ever mentioned so we do not care as much about him.  But man that may of been the strangest one with the circumstances surrounding it. I mean he goes missing in the weekend leading up to his announcement and no one can get a hold of him?! lol what in the freaking world? That is absolutely ridiculous. You cannot script this stuff. Try explaining this to a NFL only fan. They would not believe you most likely.

So true. 

Poor kid. Probably never had a chance, being brought up and surrounded by adults like that. Would love to think he would've been better off at Auburn, but the Chizik Regime was not exactly known for turning troubled utes into model citizens. 

I have lived in Alabama over 50 years and these stories of Bama guys getting paid are legendary.   Even Bama boosters often don’t deny it.  So why is it that there are no disgruntled ex players that squeal?   Where are the Stanley McClovers of the Bama world?   They either:

a) keep getting taken care of into old age

b) are threatened with a pair of concrete shoes

c) never got paid in the first place

I tend towards a) but that sure seems unmanageable in the long run given the number of payments, jobs, children’s scholarships, etc that would have to be maintained.  Of course everyone is not on the take so it is probably just a few key players a year but still....

On 8/6/2019 at 7:54 AM, The Freak said:

It's not about little brother syndrome.  It's about a known quantity in Kirby Smart.

It IS little brother syndrome.

I'll give you Evans and Pickens. Both of those guys told the staff and the players they were all Auburn. However it's not like Evans had even made a public commitment.

Who else though? Yeldon wasn't a signing day flip. He flipped almost 2 months before signing day.  Foster would of most likely still signed with us if we kept Trooper Taylor.

There was that linebacker who got taken to Florida by that peaches character. But he never committed to Auburn. It sure looked like he would prior to that trip, but he never committed.

Cyjo yeah there were some shenanigans going on. But this is the only other one that I would even consider. And even he hadn't made a public commitment until NSD itself. So it's not like he strung the coaches along for a year or more like Evans who never committed and Pickens. 

But that's only a few people over many years of recruiting. There are a lot of games played in the recruiting game... And to pretend we don't try and flip commits of other schools is naive.

So....yes...it IS little brother thinking.

5 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

It IS little brother syndrome.

I'll give you Evans and Pickens. Both of those guys told the staff and the players they were all Auburn. However it's not like Evans had even made a public commitment.

Who else though? Yeldon wasn't a signing day flip. He flipped almost 2 months before signing day.  Foster would of most likely still signed with us if we kept Trooper Taylor.

There was that linebacker who got taken to Florida by that peaches character. But he never committed to Auburn. It sure looked like he would prior to that trip, but he never committed.

Cyjo yeah there were some shenanigans going on. But this is the only other one that I would even consider. And even he hadn't made a public commitment until NSD itself. So it's not like he strung the coaches along for a year or more like Evans who never committed and Pickens. 

But that's only a few people over many years of recruiting. There are a lot of games played in the recruiting game... And to pretend we don't try and flip commits of other schools is naive.

I only recognize LBS in relation to UAt not to UGA or anyone else.

2 hours ago, The Freak said:

I only recognize LBS in relation to UAt not to UGA or anyone else.

As much as I don't like saying it, UGA has to be added to now that Smart has taken the Bama path to UGA, and the way some Auburn people are about UGA.

9 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

And to pretend we don't try and flip commits of other schools is naive.

We flipped Slayton from Georgia two days prior to NSD. They then got Godwin. 

9 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

We have losing streaks to every rival. We basically are little brother right now.

14 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

We flipped Slayton from Georgia two days prior to NSD. They then got Godwin. 

We have losing streaks to every rival. We basically are little brother right now.

You think bama fans felt like little brother when we were beating them 6 in a row under Tubs?  Not hardly.

9 hours ago, tinman said:

You think bama fans felt like little brother when we were beating them 6 in a row under Tubs?  Not hardly.

Nope, they were searching for the devil so they could sell him their soul

On 8/6/2019 at 8:41 AM, McLoofus said:

Yeah. Yeldon, Foster, CyKo, Evans, the punk kid last year... I mean, one of those kids had an Auburn tattoo. One of them committed to us on NSD and turned right around and flipped. All of them were absolutely massive recruits and all of them happened in the last 10 years. I'm aggressively anti-LBS but I don't blame people for waiting to see who it's gonna be this year. 

On 8/6/2019 at 9:17 AM, McLoofus said:

Yeah. Different circumstances each time. The CyKo thing was some other weird deal. Foster committed to Troop and not Auburn. Etc.

But it does keep happening for whatever reason- maybe just goes along with the territory of being Nice Guy U with an annual matchup against Dirtbag Buttsniffer Leghumper U- and I just meant to say that I get why folks are gun shy.

It's kind of like waiting for a 5* guy to flop or be excused from the team. Just seems to happen every other year or so. Different reasons and not necessarily anyone's fault. 

Yeldon was bought.

CyKo wanted to go to AU but Davsn has his brother and the parents were afraid his scholly would be pulled. AU said they would take his but his parents wanted bama. Boom, he gone. 

Foster was told he didn’t have a spot st AU after Gus was hired. No biggie to be honest. 

The Evans were POS’ s but we had to stay on him. Can’t fault Gus here. Pretty sure they knew they were getting played. 

6 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Foster was told he didn’t have a spot st AU after Gus was hired. No biggie to be honest. 

Wow! Never heard this before.

22 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Wow! Never heard this before.

Me either. I always assumed Foster was commited to Trooper and when he wasnt retained Foster bolted.

7 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

The Evans were POS’ s but we had to stay on him. Can’t fault Gus here. Pretty sure they knew they were getting played. 

And they wondered by the Auburn community stopped patronizing their business, in Auburn.  Even made a huge deal about it and went on the news to complain. 

9 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I never heard this before today. Why did Gus not want him? I know you say no biggie  I always thought he a Huge need.

3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

And they wondered by the Auburn community stopped patronizing their business, in Auburn.  Even made a huge deal about it and went on the news to complain. 

What was/is their business? 

18 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

What was/is their business? 

"End Zone" on Alabama 29 South in Auburn.  The previously owned "Corner Market" in Auburn as well.

Have a couple friends who are connected and watched this practice say that GP may genuinely have a mental problem. He does not pick up plays or do the little things well.

On 8/9/2019 at 8:45 AM, lutzcammed said:

I never heard this before today. Why did Gus not want him? I know you say no biggie  I always thought he a Huge need.

He (Foster) was supposed to spend the weekend in Auburn. After spending most of Friday and until noon Saturday trying to recruit for UAT and making people mad, he left Auburn and went to Tuscaloosa. He left some very hard feelings behind.

I suppose it's accurate to say "Gus didn't want him", but there was a very good reason why he wasn't welcomed back. Gus nor any other coach worth a flip would have taken him after what he pulled.

I really hate this kind of stuff, people will say the worst stuff about a KID and his family and not even be close to having enough information to call it more than a guess. And of course it's always that we are supposedly a higher, class or quality compared to all the other recruits. But we don't ever have any evidence to back up the claims it seems. 

And all this why? Because a guy changes his mind about a decision that the other side could care less about them in reality? Many are like sheep though and let the narrative NCAA control sway them, and as always of course if it doesn't effect you how much do people care? This entire NCAA system is screwed but for whatever reason the kids are the people who supposed to show this incredible loyalty to people who really just want to make money off them and the adults that get money aren't held to the same level of commitment to anybody

7 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

With the awesome recruiting we're having so far, it would great if Auburn could flip some of Georgia's top commits.

Don't want them:poke:

Archived