Sign in to follow this  
warladytigers

Ruby Rojas Joins Softball Staff

Recommended Posts

Hope our new coaches are good recruiters as evidently we only added three new players according to the most recent update of the website. I know we have others, however, it hasn't been updated in more than a week and still the only three showing were added then. Guess not having a Operations person now has slowed all aspects of coordination. Just being humorous with all the changes. Just don't understand the delay of information as a fan. Wishing all a great rest of the week.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




6 hours ago, wmsau said:

Hope our new coaches are good recruiters as evidently we only added three new players according to the most recent update of the website. I know we have others, however, it hasn't been updated in more than a week and still the only three showing were added then. Guess not having a Operations person now has slowed all aspects of coordination. Just being humorous with all the changes. Just don't understand the delay of information as a fan. Wishing all a great rest of the week.

 

That list on the AU Athletic site is a work in progress.  There are 11 new players.  They are listed on my post from July27 under the topic "Softball Fall Ball 2019".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding the discussion regarding salaries I did find a printed reference regarding University of Maryland softball staff from 2017.

Julie Wright - (SOFTBALL) - $160,000

? Assistant - Lisa Carey - $61,000
? Assistant - Lisa Norris - $57,000

Total Softball Coach's Salaries: $278,000 / Total Assistant Salaries: $118,000 / Avg. Assistant Salaries: $59,000

As an aside,The HC,  Julie Wright, was let go about a month ago and as of yesterday they did not have a new coach.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2019 at 2:11 PM, slot canyon said:

Avg. Assistant Salaries: $59,000

That's not very gaudy. I'd hope there are some financial perks associated with the position. Assistant coaching at the college level isn't an 8 hour a day, 40 hour week job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mikey said:

That's not very gaudy. I'd hope there are some financial perks associated with the position. Assistant coaching at the college level isn't an 8 hour a day, 40 hour week job.

That of course was at Maryland and I have since been informed that the salary quoted for the prior HC was actually more like $100,000.  There was another instructor staff member with the same name (Julie Wright) and her salary had been incorrectly put instead of the softball Julie Wright.

Edited by slot canyon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding Salaries, I did find where Arkansas assistant SB coaches were compensated at $88,205 and $70,700 in FY 2018.

Regarding the La Tech coach going to Maryland I read a post on Robo Coach forum that La Tech graduated their 2 starting pitchers and their entire infield as well as best hitter.  He may not have a good situation at Maryland but he will have a grace period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slot canyon said:

Regarding Salaries, I did find where Arkansas assistant SB coaches were compensated at $88,205 and $70,700 in FY 2018.

That's more like it! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slot canyon said:

Regarding Salaries, I did find where Arkansas assistant SB coaches were compensated at $88,205 and $70,700 in FY 2018.

Regarding the La Tech coach going to Maryland I read a post on Robo Coach forum that La Tech graduated their 2 starting pitchers and their entire infield as well as best hitter.  He may not have a good situation at Maryland but he will have a grace period.

Yeah those salaries are more in line with what I would think a SEC assistant would make.  Montgomery picked a great time to leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this