AU Self Imposed Staggering Recruiting Sanctions

Auburn Kev

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Looking back, the period was only 6  months and that ended more than a year ago....so you have to be an optimist to think that short time will be considered as sufficient.   

Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr   - 6 months??

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, AU64 said:

Looking back, the period was only 6  months and that ended more than a year ago....so you have to be an optimist to think that short time will be considered as sufficient.   

Maybe not, but AU also sat players and there’s no evidence I know of there were recruiting violations or actions making ineligible players eligible. It’s not your standard case.

7 hours ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

Any recruiting plans that were made before Chuck Person's arrest continued as planned.

Except EJ Montgomery.

5 hours ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

Another scenario is that the reported sanctions weren't accurate and that recruiting did occur w/ players that had already been contacted before Person's arrest. I don't believe Blum had any quoted statement from the athletics department—It was all his word which he has already had to back track on. A good guess would be that the sanctions had more to do with restricting any contact and visits to any new recruits

I think this makes a lot more sense than what Blum said anyways.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

I think this makes a lot more sense than what Blum said anyways.

Yeah cuz Blum is a Bammer Blum-min idiot.

7 hours ago, LakeBum said:

Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr   - 6 months??

Basically the school year....but not long in terms of what NCAA often does...

1 coach fired 

1 player suspended for a whole season

1 player suspended for 1.5 seasons

No recruiting for 8 months 

I think we likely stopped recruiting players Person was the lead on (Montgomery)

That is some pretty heavy sanctions for a school that gained zero benefit from the rules that were broken

On 8/8/2019 at 6:00 PM, bigbird said:

Seems smart to me that we didn’t go public with it. Think of the negative recruiting with that scenario, but what really amazes me is that we got away with it! Shows how lazy these reporters were.

20 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

61wKD6iDrFL._SY355_.jpg

Used since 2010...

Forde is a joke. He can't even attempt to hide his disdain. The chaffing must be real!

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

61wKD6iDrFL._SY355_.jpg

Used since 2010...

Forde is a joke. He can't even attempt to hide his disdain. The chaffing must be real!

amazing how many of these guys seem to have it in for Pearl or maybe it's just Auburn...Forde seems to really zone in on anything negative on us..

19 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

amazing how many of these guys seem to have it in for Pearl or maybe it's just Auburn...Forde seems to really zone in on anything negative on us..

Forde was fairly big time 15 years ago or so. Not sure what happened but at some point he got desperate to regain some relevance and got in bed with Thamel and Evans. What's weird is those jackasses seem to have moved on but he's still butthurt, as @bigbird pointed out, that the Cam thing didn't pan out for him and he's been lobbing impotent, ineffectual grenades ever since. 

So i ended up reading some of the article.....and its all a matter of wording. His article basically points to some posts by recruits and visits that happened during the self imposed "no-recruiting" period.  But it all comes down to if the AU is claiming that we were doing "no" recruiting or were we just on "limiting" the recruiting. Since nothing "official" that i know of has come from AU then i don't really know the details of what restrictions were in place (and neither does Ford). He says this will make things worse with the NCAA but i didn't really read why. 

Its definitely a hit piece with his digs toward Pearl and AUs athletic department in general. I wouldn't put too much time into worrying about what is in the article. 

There are zero rules about a kid showing up on campus.  Zilch.  I can take my child right now and march them down to campus and walk into one of the athletics facilities and say hello to a coach if they happen to be there.  Someone might call that an unofficial visit if my child put it on their instagram or twitter feed and a recruitment site sees it.

i loath sports media ...

1 hour ago, twilli13 said:

What did he say?

"Just because we were on their campus, that doesn’t mean they asked us to come. I can’t recall way back then. I don’t need permission to get in my car and go somewhere."  - supposedly what Sharife Cooper's dad said regarding the Forde article points.

That whole article was speculation.  Not facts.  No photos of coaches mugging with players, no text messages, no emails, no phone recordings, just "AU MAY have been recruiting" and "AU might have just made their problems worse".  Just a bunch of "gotchya!" without the actual "HERE'S A PHOTO OF PEARL TALKING WITH SHARIFE!  WE CAUGHT BRUCE RED HANDED!" 

The statement from AU was that they "LIMITED" recruiting, not that they eliminated it.  It was the al.com writer that alleged AU said "no recruiting of any kind occurred."  It amazes me how these stories evolve.  AU beat "writer" (who tends to focus more on the negative coming out of AU than the positive) comes up with a story that Forde comments on on Twitter.  Forde uses local beat writer story as the basis for his entire article, and quotes "anonymous sources" and "AAU insiders".  It's absurd.  But the stink will hang around because of the bar b que Pearl had at TN.      

20 hours ago, bigbird said:

61wKD6iDrFL._SY355_.jpg

Used since 2010...

Just endorsing the butt paste. Does wonders on diaper rash? My girls are eternally grateful.  Lol. 

7 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Just endorsing the butt paste. Does wonders on diaper rash? My girls are eternally grateful.  Lol. 

bird should be an expert about butt rash

4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

bird should be an expert about butt rash

So does it work well for you too? 

Archived