2020 Football Schedule

Auburn Kev

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

LSU the week before we play Alabama? Hahaha wth

uat is playing TAMU (at home) before the Iron Bowl. Guess it evens out somewhat

Guess it’s good that LSU is home and they usually tank after they lose to Bama.  Oh well. Be careful what you wish for etc

So we change AMEN Corner from UGA\UAT to LSU\UAT....  Way to go....  At least won't both be on road\home.... :( 

I am a firm believer that playing in the SEC West you are never going to have many back-to-back weeks where you aren't playing tough opponents so I guess there really isn't much you can do about who is there before UAT.  Just hope they stick to UGA being moved so that we are not on road for both of them.  And also maybe they won't go stretches where we are gone a whole month from playing at home.  That is really tough as well!

1 minute ago, BJCrawford said:

does anyone know if that will be the case going forward? Or if the LSU game will be at different times each year

I have to believe the LSU game  will move around.  Usually Alabama and Georgia are the only two games that consistently fall on the same time every year.  My question would be will the Georgia game float around now?

9 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

uat is playing TAMU (at home) before the Iron Bowl. Guess it evens out somewhat

I don’t think so. LSU is usually a very physical game and having it right before Alabama is terrible for us. There is no good way to spin this other than ticket holders get a good game late. 

Early prediction.  5-0 going into Athens unless UNC becomes a top 5 program.  Even if Auburn loses back to back I have to believe 9-1, 8-2 going into LSU.  I think 8-2 would be worst case.  Possible finish 9-3, 8-4

Why didn’t we just play back to back years at UGA to correct the home scheduling and keep it the way it is? At least there was a break between games. 

Apparently Alabama plays the aggies the same week we play LSU so hopefully Jimbo lives up to his reputation. 

6 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Why didn’t we just play back to back years at UGA to correct the home scheduling and keep it the way it is? At least there was a break between games. 

SEC scheduling couldn’t facilitate that request due to scheduling dependencies created by the last sec expansion. 

It kind of makes sense.  Georgia usually plays pretty bad at the beginning of the season.  So that is a plus for us.  By the time we play LSU, we will have things figured out AND when we play at LSU, we no longer have to play in 100 degree weather with 100% humidity. 

9 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

2 minutes ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

SEC scheduling couldn’t facilitate that request due to scheduling dependencies created by the last sec expansion. 

^^^THIS. tI would create more imbalances for other teams. Barring more expansion or adding a 9th conference game the SEC schedule cycle is set through 2025.

There's some crazy hard Novembers out there.

The bammers have at LSU, paycheck game, TAMU, Auburn.

LSU has Alabama, South Carolina, at Auburn, at TAMU in four straight weeks.

USC has Georgia, at LSU, paycheck game, at Clemson. No byes.

TAMU ends with at Alabama and home against LSU.

The clangers have a 4 game stretch of at Alabama, at LSU, Auburn, Missouri.

Next November is going to be the SEC West Thunderdome. 

1 minute ago, TigerFanAU said:

I hope those that complained about Amen Corner being "too hard" are happy now. LSU and Bama within a week. Absolutely ridiculous moving the DSOR.

Yep. It’s much worse. 

Oops didn't see this thread when I created mine.

I guess having LSU at home is better than UGA on the road ahead of the Iron Bowl? Damn we can't catch a break. But at least it's still got an Amen Cornerish feel to it. We wrap up the regular season with our 2 most critical division games.

But doesn't the SEC get how it's good for business for both AU and Bama to have layups coming into the Iron Bowl to give more room to hype up the game?

15 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Yep. It’s much worse. 

It's not THAT bad. At least in this format we have Home/Away in November rather than Away/Away like we have in even years. The last two even years have been crap for ticket holders because there's been no good home games in November. 

Archived