2020 Football Schedule

Auburn Kev

I like that LSU, aTm, and now bama get to feel what we have been feeling with an “amen” type corner.   I think this was a really good idea.   Something else the SEC should consider is that the teams play their cross division games within the first three week of the Season.   Imagine, LSU/FL in week one, along with turd/TN,  and AU/GA.   Then a cup cake and then AU/KY,  Turd/mutt etc week 3.    Get the cross divisions games played early for all teams by the third week.  That is balanced.    

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't read all four pages so apologies if this has already been mentioned, but should we have a very successful regular season in 2020, we'll have to face LSU, UAT and then the SEC East champ on consecutive weekends. That's much worse than UGA, weak sister, UAT and SEC East champ. I did see someone say "out of the frying pan and into the fire". That about sums it up.

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

That's much worse than UGA, weak sister, UAT and SEC East champ. I did see someone say "out of the frying pan and into the fire". That about sums it up.

Yes but it's that way for all the big 4 in the West. This better be a one time thing because more than one gives a big advantage to UGA ot Tennessee should they win the East unless the SECCG is moved back a week.

17 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I don’t think Jay Jacobs could’ve done something this stupid, and that’s a mouthful.

what does Jay Jacobs have to do with anything?

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

what does Jay Jacobs have to do with anything?

Oh, he had nothing to do with this. This is stupidity beyond Jay Jacobs.

10 hours ago, DAG said:

I don’t think so, lol. Things happens in cycles. When Alabama was down during my child and teen years, I do not remember people complaining this much about the schedule . Definitely not when we were sacking Brody Croyle left and right . Now Bama and UGA are formidable and everybody is upset. The same thing with UGA. When Mark Richt was there with his inconsistencies I don’t remember all of this gnashing of teeth. But now...

Great point.   I just respectfully disagree.  

Last attempt to sway you:   bama and UGA are usually 'up' and quite strong.   Their W-L records are evidence of that.  bama is over 75% and UGA is 64%, and much higher the last 50 yrs, for both.   Then playing them back to back (or nearly), then playing the SEC-CG the next week is basically playing 3 teams in top 5 or 10.  No team in any of the power 5 conferences have to finish a season playing three highly ranked opponents to just get in the playoffs.   It's now all about getting to the playoffs.  Got to consider how your schedule is put together moreso.

So toss out history; I just want Auburn to have a routine schedule with the same level of difficulty as the other teams in the SEC W.   No debate the SEC W is harder than every P5 conference...but let's not forget we have to be mindful to consider our schedule plus the SEC-CG.  Life is not fair, but the schedule is man made and can be controlled.   

25 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Wish there was a cupcake between LSU and Alabama.

Yeah. It'd be nice to overpower the corndog smell after LSU.

10 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Wish there was a cupcake between LSU and Alabama.

Better yet, I wish LSU & Alabama were cupcakes. 

I really like this schedule! It's a mini playoff of the SEC west to see who gets to the SEC championship game. I'd rather play LSU later in the season anyway, War Eagle! IGTBAAT 

1 minute ago, SumterAubie said:

So we have a round robin next year among the top 4 West teams. What a great month of football that will be!

Watch it is going to end up perfectly that way 

As long as it's equitable then I have no real issue with it. 

I actually miss the '80's/'90's v of Amen Corner but admittedly I'll never miss AU having to play thuga twice in less than a month.  At least they're playing a West team before bammer.

IMHO our penchant for November injuries to KEY players has been the thorn in our side recently. Yes there could be a connection between that & playing UGa & Bama away in the same year but the whirpool & ice machine are definitely in use after LSU too.

Archived