2020 Football Schedule

Auburn Kev

On 8/7/2019 at 1:54 PM, WalkingCarpet said:

The clangers have a 4 game stretch of at Alabama, at LSU, Auburn, Missouri.

(0-4) is gonna hurt. Good, screw the muts of miss.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

IMO, next years schedule looks like it's gonna be as rough as this years schedule will be.

Rougher because of the end IMO.

I understand the last 4 games being tough but playing LSU at JHS and @ Bama to close is better than @UGA and @Bama to close IMO.

50 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I understand the last 4 games being tough but playing LSU at JHS and @ Bama to close is better than @UGA and @Bama to close IMO.

Oregon is also much better than UNC.

I'm hoping that this new schedule tweak is only temporary for the next few years.. Maybe in 2025 we can re-set the schedules and go back to having UGA and Bama in November? All we have to do is fix the home and away issue by giving UGA their return home game in 2025 correct?

13 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I'm hoping that this new schedule tweak is only temporary for the next few years.. Maybe in 2025 we can re-set the schedules and go back to having UGA and Bama in November? All we have to do is fix the home and away issue by giving UGA their return home game in 2025 correct?

You'd think a bunch of college educated executives would be able to figure it out....

8 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

You'd think a bunch of college educated executives would be able to figure it out....

😂 

35 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I like it better the way it is in 2020. I like the football fatal 4 way the SEC West has to do. I think all teams should be having to play inner divisional games down the stretch. That how all team sports should be done.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I like it better the way it is in 2020. I like the football fatal 4 way the SEC West has to do. I think all teams should be having to play inner divisional games down the stretch. That how all team sports should be done.

Agree to disagree on this. Until the SEC East becomes more than a 2 team race between Florida and UGA I don't see the benefit of making our chances of winning the West harder. If anything, us playing UGA in November actually keeps the East race alive. You really think South Carolina, Tennessee, or Kentucky will be consistent contenders to stopping UGA from winning the East in November? If anything this is making UGA's path to winning the East better. Just go back and look at some of the scores of UT-UGA, UK-UGA, and SCar-UGA games the last 2 years. Georgia has been blowing those teams out. Without having to play us in November, once they get past Florida in late October, the East will be pretty much a lock for UGA. 

UGA 2020 schedule:

Sep. 7 Virginia

Sep. 12 ETSU

Sep. 19 at Alabama

Sep. 26 UL-Monroe

Oct. 3 Vanderbilt

Oct. 10 Auburn

Oct. 17 at Missouri

Oct. 24 BYE

Oct. 31 Florida

Nov. 7 at South Carolina

Nov. 14 Tennessee

Nov. 21 at Kentucky

Nov. 28 Georgia Tech

8 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

don't see the benefit of making our chances of winning the West harder

@Auburnfan91 Negate the East advantage of being a weaker division by moving the championship game a week back which should be done anyway.

10 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

You really think South Carolina, Tennessee, or Kentucky will be consistent contenders to stopping UGA from winning the East in November?

Obviously not. I'm saying since our Big 4 are playing each other in November their Big 3 of UGA, Vols, & Gators should do the same against each other.

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

@Auburnfan91 Negate the East advantage of being a weaker division by moving the championship game a week back which should be done anyway.

I doubt that will happen for a couple of reasons. First, you have the Army-Navy game to think about(which is the only game currently played 2 weeks after the season). A lot of people like the fact that Army-Navy is the only game played that weekend. Second, you also have the Heisman Trophy being awarded on that weekend. I don't think they would move the Heisman back another week because usually the first couple of bowl games start on the 3rd Saturday of December. 

Obviously not. I'm saying since our Big 4 are playing each other in November their Big 3 of UGA, Vols, & Gators should do the same against each other.

I'm sorry but the Vols shouldn't be in the discussion of Big 3 in the East anymore until they prove themselves. The Vols haven't won the East since 2007. I know about UT's history and that they've been a winning program over time but for the last decade they've finished last in the East as much as they've even finished 2nd.

People on here have complained about the Vols  being Bama's permanent East rival because they've been down for so long. I don't see how UGA playing Tennessee in November instead of playing us is anything but a win for UGA.

Since 2010:

Tennessee vs UGA: 2-7

Tennessee vs Florida: 1-8

7 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

First, you have the Army-Navy game to think about(which is the only game currently played 2 weeks after the season). A lot of people like the fact that Army-Navy is the only game played that weekend.

Move it up a week like it used to be. That problem solved.

Second, you also have the Heisman Trophy being awarded on that weekend

It needs to be after the bowl games anyway.

I'm sorry but the Vols shouldn't be in the discussion of Big 3 in the East anymore until they prove themselves

They are because of tradition. There's still a window for them to get there again.

I don't see how UGA playing Tennessee in November instead of playing us is anything but a win for UGA.

UGA may not be all they are cracked up to be this season. Just wait. Also even though Tennessee isn't as good as us in most cases I think divisional games should be played more down the stretch when more is on the line, especially divisional rivalry games.

Tennessee vs Florida: 1-8

Despite the record most of those games have been close.

17 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

If anything, us playing UGA in November actually keeps the East race alive. 

Not really accurate.  If UGA is 7-0 in conference play before our game in November like they were in 2017, then they've already clinched the East.  It means the AU/UGA is essentially unimportant to their hopes of making Atlanta.

Counter that with us having a loss to someone and Bama being undefeated like in 2013 and 2017.  Game still matters because head to head is the tie break.

By forcing UGA to play more east games in November, it makes it impossible for them to wrap up the division so damn early.

im old school I would've preferred our original version of Amen Corner with florida, Georgia, and bammer but I know that'll never happen unless we move to the east and we probably wont move to the east anytime soon unless the sec becomes a 16 team conference

8 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Not really accurate.  If UGA is 7-0 in conference play before our game in November like they were in 2017, then they've already clinched the East.  It means the AU/UGA is essentially unimportant to their hopes of making Atlanta.

Counter that with us having a loss to someone and Bama being undefeated like in 2013 and 2017.  Game still matters because head to head is the tie break.

By forcing UGA to play more east games in November, it makes it impossible for them to wrap up the division so damn early.

In 2002 had we beat UGA, Ron Zook's Florida team would have won the East. 

In 2011 and 2012 South Carolina beat UGA head-to-head but needed UGA to lose 1 more SEC game. Had we beat UGA in 2011 or 2012(lol), South Carolina would have won the East both years.

While they're at it in 2025, move us to the East and Missou to the West. Missou in the East is ridiculous.

Archived