Alvida King- Trumps Not A-Racist

toddc

https://www.foxnews.com/media/alveda-king-beto-orourke-trump-not-racist

Dr. Alveda King pushes back on Beto, others on left: 'President Trump is not a racist'

I think she would know better than most!

Alveda King also thinks gay people cause natural disasters. 

Many think George Wallace wasn't actually personally racist either.  And they may be right.

But does it really matter if you are inherently racist or not when you are clearly willing to pander to other people's racism in order to obtain their support? 

I say not.

15 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Alveda King also thinks gay people cause natural disasters. 

Link?

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

Says nothing like what you stated in your original post! 

2 minutes ago, toddc said:

Says nothing like what you stated in your original post! 

Is it just me, or does anyone else wonder if when human behavior goes against the natural order of things, if nature doesn’t become confused as well?

14 minutes ago, AUDub said:

She’s asking a question and says she sometimes wonders if there is a correlation. Her perspective on this comes from her biblical mindset that says all of nature is connected as created by God, and when things get out of balance in one area could it cause other areas to become unbalanced.

1 hour ago, toddc said:

She’s asking a question and says she sometimes wonders if there is a correlation. Her perspective on this comes from her biblical mindset that says all of nature is connected as created by God, and when things get out of balance in one area could it cause other areas to become unbalanced.

Eh.  "Just asking questions" is a time-honored way for people to say outrageous things in a "soft" way that gives them an out if people get upset.  

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Eh.  "Just asking questions" is a time-honored way for people to say outrageous things in a "soft" way that gives them an out if people get upset.  

Why would anyone get upset over a hypothetical? Oh never mind, I know the answer. It’s because people are looking for reasons to hyperventilate over nothing.

3 minutes ago, toddc said:

Why would anyone get upset over a hypothetical? Oh never mind, I know the answer. It’s because people are looking for reasons to hyperventilate over nothing.

Because it's not really a hypothetical and I think you know this.  She's clearly implying there's a connection but soft-pedaling it by forming it as a question.  I mean, at best you might say Ms. King suggested there may be a connection between gay sex and natural disasters.  But to say that she "didn't say anything like" it?  LOL.

And who's hyperventilating here?  Someone simply pointed out another view of hers that might cast a little doubt on how seriously to take her thoughts on this one.

1 minute ago, toddc said:

Why would anyone go to the trouble of starting a thread defending one psycho against charges of racism by quoting another psycho? Oh never mind, I know the answer. It's because you're desperate not to admit the massive mistake, embarrassment, and eternal shame of our country that is donald trump. 

Also, for the record I do think it is possible that God could use various means, including natural disasters, to get the attention of a people or a nation that is wandering far from His ways.  One would be hard pressed to read the Old Testament and not get the idea that when God brings discipline or judgment, it often comes through non-supernatural means.  For the nation of Israel, it took various forms such as droughts or invasions from foreign countries.  But even then the point was not simply to punish.  It was to discipline, correct, and get them to see the error of their ways, repent and restore relationship with Him.

BUT - the idea that all the things that the United States of America has done wrong - chronically wrong - over the decades and He'd hold off and even continue to bless this nation until the gays started being more out and proud and accepted doesn't hold water with a fair reading of Scripture.

19 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Also, for the record I do think it is possible that God could use various means, including natural disasters, to get the attention of a people or a nation that is wandering far from His ways.  One would be hard pressed to read the Old Testament and not get the idea that when God brings discipline or judgment, it often comes through non-supernatural means.  For the nation of Israel, it took various forms such as droughts or invasions from foreign countries.  But even then the point was not simply to punish.  It was to discipline, correct, and get them to see the error of their ways, repent and restore relationship with Him.

BUT - the idea that all the things that the United States of America has done wrong - chronically wrong - over the decades and He'd hold off and even continue to bless this nation until the gays started being more out and proud and accepted doesn't hold water with a fair reading of Scripture.

Read about Sodom and Gomorrah then if you are gonna quote scripture for your answer.

1 minute ago, toddc said:

Read about Sodom and Gomorrah then if you are gonna quote scripture for your answer.

Explain, for those of us unfamiliar with every word of scripture. 

11 minutes ago, toddc said:

Ok.  Since you're suggesting I've missed something, do tell us the reasons God gave for destroying them.

Actually @toddc, I knew the answer and I'll go ahead and say it, because I have read the Bible and studied this matter in particular as I sought to understand what the Bible teaching on sexuality.  I also studied to understand and wrestle with how/when God decides that He has been patient long enough and decides to bring discipline or judgment.

So for the record, these are the reasons God gave for destroying Sodom:

Sexual perversity (Genesis 19).  The men of Sodom want to have sex with the men (really angels, but they don't realize that) and are demanding Lot allow access to them for this purpose.  It is clear from this account in Genesis that this was something God found abhorrent.  And note, it's not just that they wanted to rape them.  Even Lot believed that if the men wished to have sex with someone, it would be better if they did so with one of his daughters, so clearly it is understood here that homosexual relations AND wanting to rape these men who are guests in their town are part of the reason.

Lack of hospitality/generosity (Ezekiel 16:49-50).  I'll quote the passage:

"Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had arrogance, abundant food, and careless ease, but she did not help the poor and needy. Thus they were haughty and committed abominations before Me. Therefore I removed them when I saw it."

And if you read the OT to any serious degree, you know this sort of thing is not just a minor issue to God.  Lack of generosity toward the poor is repeatedly condemned by God.  Lack of hospitality for strangers and foreigners in the land is rounded condemned.  This is a big deal to Him.

Lack of righteous people (Genesis 18).  This entire chapter is a conversation with Abraham and God where Abraham pleads for Him to spare the cities.  In the end, God promises to withhold judgment if even 10 righteous people can be found within Sodom and Gomorrah's borders.  And given that Lot's family was chosen to be spared, it's probably safe to assume that despite Lot's shortcomings, he, his wife and his two daughters were counted among them.  So if just 6 more people in the two cities had been righteous, God would have spared the cities - despite how horrible they were.  It was a failure of the people of God, the righteous, that there weren't more people living rightly and proclaiming the truth to these towns.

So, I repeat, a fair reading of even just the passage on Sodom and Gomorrah doesn't lead one to believe that God winks at all the other terrible things a country does but the second the homos start acting up and we accept it, we're doomed.  Not to mention, there were multiple other times that God sent disaster to Israel to wake them up to repent and turn from their wickedness.  And in almost all of those times outside of this Sodom story, homosexual conduct is never even mentioned.  Idolatry - the worship of false gods and such gets a lot of mention though.  

Finally, there are other passages in the Bible that point out the folly to assuming that natural calamities are because God is bringing judgment on someone.  For instance, the entire book of Job.  Or the passage in John 9 where the Pharisees raised a question about a man born blind.  They asked Jesus if he was born blind because he was a sinner or because his parents were sinners. Jesus' answer: Neither.

That Gospel passage and the book of Job should cause us to be reluctant to ever assume that a person's (or a nation's) tragedy or catastrophe or calamity is a direct act of divine judgment. It could be. But we can hardly say that for sure and I think it's dishonest to jump on homosexual conduct as a reason that God will finally judge the US, but ignore all the non-gay ways in which this country has historically and repeatedly ignored and flouted His laws.

I agree with Ms. King. I've seen no indication that President Trump is a racist. As with most billionaires, any number of people have been steamrolled under in his path to the top. Some of them were black, some brown, most white and the percentages of such reflect the percentages of those groups in the population as a whole. It's not racism if everyone is treated exactly the same.

24 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Actually @toddc, I knew the answer and I'll go ahead and say it, because I have read the Bible and studied this matter in particular as I sought to understand what the Bible teaching on sexuality.  I also studied to understand and wrestle with how/when God decides that He has been patient long enough and decides to bring discipline or judgment.

So for the record, these are the reasons God gave for destroying Sodom:

Sexual perversity (Genesis 19).  The men of Sodom want to have sex with the men (really angels, but they don't realize that) and are demanding Lot allow access to them for this purpose.  It is clear from this account in Genesis that this was something God found abhorrent.  And note, it's not just that they wanted to rape them.  Even Lot believed that if the men wished to have sex with someone, it would be better if they did so with one of his daughters, so clearly it is understood here that homosexual relations AND wanting to rape these men who are guests in their town are part of the reason.

Lack of hospitality/generosity (Ezekiel 16:49-50).  I'll quote the passage:

"Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had arrogance, abundant food, and careless ease, but she did not help the poor and needy. Thus they were haughty and committed abominations before Me. Therefore I removed them when I saw it."

And if you read the OT to any serious degree, you know this sort of thing is not just a minor issue to God.  Lack of generosity toward the poor is repeatedly condemned by God.  Lack of hospitality for strangers and foreigners in the land is rounded condemned.  This is a big deal to Him.

Lack of righteous people (Genesis 18).  This entire chapter is a conversation with Abraham and God where Abraham pleads for Him to spare the cities.  In the end, God promises to withhold judgment if even 10 righteous people can be found within Sodom and Gomorrah's borders.  And given that Lot's family was chosen to be spared, it's probably safe to assume that despite Lot's shortcomings, he, his wife and his two daughters were counted among them.  So if just 6 more people in the two cities had been righteous, God would have spared the cities - despite how horrible they were.  It was a failure of the people of God, the righteous, that there weren't more people living rightly and proclaiming the truth to these towns.

So, I repeat, a fair reading of even just the passage on Sodom and Gomorrah doesn't lead one to believe that God winks at all the other terrible things a country does but the second the homos start acting up and we accept it, we're doomed.  Not to mention, there were multiple other times that God sent disaster to Israel to wake them up to repent and turn from their wickedness.  And in almost all of those times outside of this Sodom story, homosexual conduct is never even mentioned.  Idolatry - the worship of false gods and such gets a lot of mention though.  

Finally, there are other passages in the Bible that point out the folly to assuming that natural calamities are because God is bringing judgment on someone.  For instance, the entire book of Job.  Or the passage in John 9 where the Pharisees raised a question about a man born blind.  They asked Jesus if he was born blind because he was a sinner or because his parents were sinners. Jesus' answer: Neither.

That Gospel passage and the book of Job should cause us to be reluctant to ever assume that a person's (or a nation's) tragedy or catastrophe or calamity is a direct act of divine judgment. It could be. But we can hardly say that for sure and I think it's dishonest to jump on homosexual conduct as a reason that God will finally judge the US, but ignore all the non-gay ways in which this country has historically and repeatedly ignored and flouted His laws.

Nobody said God suddenly judged the nation in a capricious way. The Bible also says he is long suffering with sinful man, so maybe he gets to a point where he’s had enough. I know you think you are discrediting something I said, but you are actually strengthening my position.

Just now, Mikey said:

I agree with Ms. King. I've seen no indication that President Trump is a racist. As with most billionaires, any number of people have been steamrolled under in his path to the top. Some of them were black, some brown, most white and the percentages of such reflect the percentages of those groups in the population as a whole. It's not racism if everyone is treated exactly the same.

I don't think anyone's really accusing him of racism right now because of being an a**hole in business dealings.

4 minutes ago, toddc said:

Nobody said God suddenly judged the nation in a capricious way. The Bible also says he is long suffering with sinful man, so maybe he gets to a point where he’s had enough. I know you think you are discrediting something I said, but you are actually strengthening my position.

No, I made a statement...

...that you pushed back on, telling me to read the Sodom and Gomorrah story if I'm going to quote Scripture.  The Sodom and Gomorrah story (as well as the many other accounts of God using various calamities to bring judgment, and the Job and Gospel passages) bears out what I said - that singling out homosexual conduct as the reason God would start sending natural disasters as Ms. King said is not a reasonable conclusion to draw from a fair reading of Scripture.  

Since we are on the subject of Trump and racisim, and since the whole Trump and being a white supremennutzo stuff seems to be centered around Charlotteville, this should help put the bed that nonsense....

You left out the killing of 60,000,000 unborn children since RvW

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I don't think anyone's really accusing him of racism right now because of being an a**hole in business dealings.

Other than in this forum, the only loony lefties I converse with are my sister and a few of her loony friends. They accuse Trump of racism because in his business dealings he treats minorities just as badly as he's treated everyone else. They think minorities should receive differential treatment. So yes, some are accusing him of racism in his business dealings. If you haven't heard that it's very understandable, they are a noisome bunch but hopefully very small in number.

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

Many think George Wallace wasn't actually personally racist either.  And they may be right.

But does it really matter if you are inherently racist or not when you are clearly willing to pander to other people's racism in order to obtain their support? 

I say not.

It matters when people are calling you a racist all day everyday, and anyone who voted for you.

Archived