Fall Camp: Day 7 - First Scrimmage (8/8)

Auburn Kev

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like Nix struggled.

defense dominating-  This is exactly what I was expecting. With 2 freshmen QBs it may take some time with the offense. That is why it is vital the defense dominates. 

Defense is supposed to dominate the first scrimmage, especially ours. So why is a big deal being made of it? Let's see what happens the 2nd scrimmage, then we can really talk.

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

Sounds like Nix struggled.

defense dominating-  This is exactly what I was expecting. With 2 freshmen QBs it may take some time with the offense. That is why it is vital the defense dominates. 

Wait? How do you know it was nix? Somebody make a statement showing that. How does anyone know since both seems to be getting equal reps?

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

Defense is supposed to dominate the first scrimmage, especially ours. So why is a big deal being made of it?

3 turnovers is the big deal. Not something a Gus offense wants

Just now, DAG said:

Wait? How do you know it was nix? Somebody make a statement showing that. How does anyone know since both seems to be getting equal reps?

Apparently both QBs struggled

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Apparently both QBs struggled

As expected I suppose. At least they are going against a great defense. 

Heard a lot of young guys would get reps in this scrimmage to start trimming the roster down and set up scout team for the fall.  I bet next scrimmage will be primarily 1s and some 2s to get reps.

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

3 turnovers is the big deal. Not something a Gus offense wants

I understand that but this defense as you know has been seeing the same jazz for the longest and has the upper hand. From a qb's perspective one pick being a wr's fault and the other being a safety making a great play I'll take that. I will worry if it happens next scrimmage. Plenty time until then.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

As expected I suppose. At least they are going against a great defense. 

Exactly. Gained more info today than 40 points later against 3rd string scrubs. 

Reminds me of Bama spring games.

2 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

I understand that but this defense as you know has has been seeing the same jazz for the longest and has the upper hand. From a qb's perspective one pick being a wr's fault and the other being a safety making a great play I'll take that. I will worry if it happens next scrimmage. Plenty time until then.

Is this how it occurred? 

1 hour ago, Auburn Kev said:

J. Davis!

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Nix had 2. One of them off the hands of the receiver and one by Smoke making an incredible play.

54 minutes ago, bigbird said:

J. Davis!

tenor.gif

Nix had 2. One of them off the hands of the receiver and one by Smoke making an incredible play.

Okay thanks for bringing in the context.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Is this how it occurred? 

That's how I would take it since it was said that one was from a wr reflection. Only two turnovers were picks. Question is were both by the same qb? I bet not since it's seen as both struggled. One with a legit pick..One with a wr reflection. #PickWatch!!!!

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

That's how I would take it since it was said that one was from a wr reflection. Only two turnovers were picks. Question is were both by the same qb? I bet not since it's seen as both struggled. One with a legit pick..One with a wr reflection. #PickWatch!!!!

Apparently it was per my sauces. 

Archived