Mark My Word 2019

DaddyBoyAU

@WarTim has put out The Nip watch and I am eagerly waiting for the call.  While we're waiting I'll bring out my annual Mark My Word thread.  We've done this since 2005, and although I haven't been as active on the board I still like to see these predictions.  If you're not familiar with Mark My Word it's basically a crazy prediction that you (and possibly only you) believe will happen - against the odds and/or your better judgement.  So here's how it works:

Make your boldest college football related prediction. It cannot be a wimpy prediction that you know will likely come true (e.g. "Auburn Beats Kent State!") or one that many people believe anyway (e.g. "Gus is gone at the end of the season"), but a prediction that almost no one else but you expects to happen. Maybe something that you have a gut feeling about, something that may defy logical thinking. It's got to be College Football related and could concern game outcomes, coach issues, final schedules, etc.  You can also make AUFamily related predictions (regarding a member, The Nip, Touchdown Auburn Bowl, etc.).   After the season, we can revive this thread and see how our predictions turned out.

I'm not going to bring up the bold predictions I made last year, or even the year before; they didn't turn out so well :gofig:. But new folks can look back in the archives for the other Mark My Word threads if you want to get an idea of how this works.  Here's a link to last year's thread (which includes links to prior year threads).

Mark My Word 2018

In any case, here are the rules:

Rule 1:  No wimpy predictions. Penalty for a wimpy prediction: 15 yards and you sit out next play.

Rule 2:  No flaming on the thread. If you don't agree with someone's Mark My Word prediction and want to tell them how crazy they are, take it to another thread. This is just for the bold predictions. Penalty for flaming on the thread: 10 yards from the spot of the foul and loss of down.
* One exception: you may flame someone who makes a wimpy prediction. Because they deserve it. Judgement call by the referee.

Rule 3 and most important: you must begin each prediction with "Mark My Word". Because you are sure of it. (And it's in the spirit of the thread.) 1st infraction is a sideline warning, 2nd infraction 15 yards.

You don't necessarily have to explain why you believe the way you do, but if you want to elaborate, go ahead.

No edits once the season begins - although I doubt people would change their predictions to match the season, just want to make it clear.

I'll get this started:
Mark My Word:  Alabama loses two regular season games.  One of them is to Auburn.
Mark My Word:  Florida (currently ranked 8th by ESPN) is out of the top 25 by the end of the season.
Mark My Word:  Both Gus and Clay Helton (USC) keep their jobs after this season.  Yeah, I said it.  I believe it whether I like it or not.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark My Word:  Auburn will be in the playoffs.

Mark My Word:  thUGA will flame out.

Mark My Word:  Orgeron gets the boot at the season end.

Mark My Word:  Auburn has a 1k Receiver and two 1k Running Backs.

2 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

giphy.gif

41 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

Mark My Word:  Not a single one of these will happen.

1) Auburn enters Baton Rogue undefeated

2) Auburn’s defense has 3 shutouts

3) Cord Sandberg plays in 3 games

Mark my words: OU will be in the NC game

Mark my words: With Jeremiah Holloman  out, Pickens will have a Julio Jones impact 

Mark my words: Auburn will have a 9 win season not including the bowl game.

Mark my words:  bammer will lose at least one game in the regular season but it won't matter as they will get in the CFP anyway.

Mark my words:  LSU will win the west, then lose to UGA in the title game.  Therefore creating my first point.

Mark my words:  Michigan loses to Ohio State again and Harbaugh jets for the NFL at the end of the season to keep from getting fired.

4 hours ago, Win4AU said:

1) Auburn enters Baton Rogue undefeated

2) Auburn’s defense has 3 shutouts

3) Cord Sandberg plays in 3 games

Mark my word, you didn't start your post with "mark my word" so you will probably get a 15 yard penalty and 50 likes taken away. 

edit: this is not a flame in the classic sense of the rulebook, don't penalize me bro. ;D

Mark my word:  Anders Carlson will kick a 60+ yarder this season.

Mark my word:  One of our games this season will rival the 2009 WVU game for nasty weather conditions.

Mark my word:  I will not predict bammer to lose any games this season because every time I do they don't. :(

Mark my word - Gus won't blow the LSU game this year as LSU does something stupid late in the game and bails him out.

Mark my word - Tua throws at least 12 interceptions in SEC games

Mark my word - An AU fan will see a guy that looks like Urban Meyer attending a game and report it on social media with a grainy picture as proof.

Mark my word - Tennessee vs Texas A&M in the SEC Championship Game

Mark my word, DJ Williams will be our second leading rusher.

Mark my word, Anders Carlson will be All-American after this season.

Mark my word, LSU doesn't have as many lucky breaks and Burrow gets exposed as sub-par en route to four losses.

Mark my word, Kelly Bryant will lead the SEC in passing.

Mark my word, Penn State will win their conference over downward trending Ohio State and chokers Michigan.

Mark my word, Jalen Hurts will be in the National Championship Game... and win.

Mark my word, Joey Gatewood will start the season and will have 35+ combined touchdowns.

Mark my word, Owen Pappoe will be All-SEC as a freshman.

Mark my word, FSU and Ole Miss fire their coach before the season even ends.

Mark my word, UCF goes undefeated again claiming a NC and the playoffs expand to 8 teams (after the contract runs out).

Mark my word: Auburn will beat both Alabama and UGA this year at home. 

Mark my word: Whitlow will rush for over 1,000yds. 

Mark my word: UGA doesn't win the east this year. 

MMW we'll be a 2 loss playoff team 

Boobie throws for a TD

A TE makes more catches than Uzomahs best season

Anders wins at least 2 games for us

We have an Outland winner

Aussie boy runs a fake punt for a TD

Our LBs & OL disappoint until Oct

Image result for mark my words gif

...Mizzou wins the East

...Malzahn will do The Robot at a press conference

...Syracuse beats Clemson

...NOtre Dame wins only 7 games

...Utah wins the 12 Pac

...Anders "The Bookstore" Carlson successfully sues Anders Bookstore for copyright infringement.

...I will drink copious amounts of rum this football season...again.

...confetti will be banned after the NCG after growing concerns and complaints about raining papercuts from attendees.

...gluten allergies will be proven as an Illuminati conspiracy

...Jalen Hurts throws the game against Bama in the playoff

...Penn State finally makes the playoffs 

Mark my Word: Jalen Hurts wins the Heisman and makes it a 3 peat for Oklahoma. 

Mark my Word: Clemson wins every game by at least 2 tds in route to being the best National Champion since 2001 Miami. 

Mark my Word: AU will finally make not just the home run hire we have always coveted in football but it will make the grand slam hire and will hire Urban Meyer which shakes the college football landscape to the core. 

Mark my Word: Whoever wins the this epic QB battle between Joey G and Bo will become one of the best AU QB's ever.

* Michigan finally beats OSU now that Meyer is gone.

* The Pac 12 finally makes the playoffs.

* Auburn finally beats LSU on the road and starts a new winning streak. 

* This will be the best Auburn defense since 2004 (where we were #1). 

Mark my word: OU doesn't get anywhere near the playoff this year as they drop 3 in the regular season.  I don't get the OU love.

Mark my word: Gus goes 7-5 for third time in 7 seasons at AU. AU bites the bullet on buyout and Dave Aranda becomes new HC.

13 minutes ago, CR said:

Mark my word: Gus goes 7-5 for third time in 7 seasons at AU. AU bites the bullet on buyout and Dave Aranda becomes new HC.

Right analysis but wrong HC.

Mark my words- Gus bus keeps a rollin all year long!

EECE0A04-ADC0-4304-852B-20DE0484207B.jpeg

Archived