Mark My Word 2019

DaddyBoyAU

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, api1957 said:

Jalen Hurts throws the game against Bama in the playoff

ooooooh...good one! Talk about mass chaos ensuing. 

Mark my words...

• A clear starter at QB will not emerge until November, not because of lack of ability or athleticism but because of poor coaching, ill-advised play-calling, and untimely injuries on the OL that will wreak chaos on the offense.
  • The defense will be Top 10, maybe Top 5, clearly good enough to contend for an SEC title.
  • Auburn grinds it out on the ground for a win over Oregon as Whitlow outperforms Herbert but Auburn's lack of an intermediate  passing attack will be the primary factor in losses against Texas A&M and Miss State, games in which Auburn will largely outplay their opponent but just can't seal the victory on offense.
  • Malzahn gains temporary reprieve from the growing storm by upsetting Florida in Gainesville. The Gators commit 5 costly turnovers.
  • Auburn finishes the regular season 7-5, 3-5 in the SEC for a 5th place finish in the SEC West.
  • Malzahn is NOT fired because of his immense buyout and large number of quality 2020 commitments, however, it is a foregone conclusion he has very little chance of surviving beyond the 2020 season without securing a playoff-berth (ie beating both Georgia and Alabama on the road).
  • Several high-profile commitments de-commit after the season ends.
  • A handful of nefarious boosters embark on a top secret mission in the dead of night to entice Bill Clark to agree to be Auburn's next head coach and he turns them down. The cabal then turns to Will Muschamp, an undisclosed NFL coordinator, and P.J. Fleck who all turn them down. Finally, in a double double triple secret mission, the cabal reaches out to Urban Meyer and who hangs up on them laughing.
  • In the wake of Paul Finebaum breaking the story of boosters attempting to sunset Malzahn, Malzahn holds a press conference and says he has a plan for 2020. He has full confidence he can fix the problems on offense,  it's all just a matter of execution. A reporter asks if his plan includes intermediate pass routes, to which Malzahn replies 'No Comment!'
  • The night prior to Malzahn's performance review with Allen Greene, Jimmy Sexton raises the specter of Malzahn leaving for Arkansas again if Auburn does not extend his extension. Allen Greene hangs up laughing.
  • Following said performance review, Malzahn states he will be coaching the 2020 season under protest because of the draconian measures the AD has placed on him. A reporter asks Greene to provide further details of how he is handcuffing Malzahn, and Greene replies he only asked if Malzahn could install a few intermediate passing routes.

Mark My Word....

Unfortunately we will lose to someone we should beat, BUT fortunately we will beat someone we shouldn't....

Cam Newton will win Comeback Player of the Year.......

Jarrett Stidham will come in the 4th quarter to replace an injured T. Brady and lead the Pats to a Super Bowl championship; but Brady will still be named MVP...  

Mark My Word: Bruce Pearl will appear on ESPN's College Game Day in the season opener, and he'll crack everyone up on the panel.

Mark My Word: Our offense will struggle early in the Oregon game, but the defense will dominate and we'll win.

Mark My Word: For whatever reason, both Gatewood and Nix will start (one of the big six) games this year.

Mark My Word: T.D. Moultry will have a breakout season.

Mark My Word: We will beat LSU and Alabama.

26 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

Mark My Word: Bruce Pearl will appear on ESPN's College Game Day in the season opener, and he'll crack everyone up on the panel.

Oh, I hope you're right! 

200.gif

Mark my word:  Gus is fired after we loose our 4th game at Arkansas on the road ... 

Mark my word: Kevin Steele takes over winning 2 of the remaining games

Mark my word: Mario Cristobal is hired to take over at Auburn at the end of the season, after having beaten Auburn by 3 TD's in the opener and winning the PAC12 and losing in the 1st round of the playoffs... he is paid $9m annually for a 5 year guarantee at Auburn

Mark My Word: TCU will win the Big 12 but be snubbed from the playoffs in favor of a one loss Oklahoma/Texas

Mark My Word:  Auburn will beat either Alabama or Georgia this year

Mark My Word: the SEC Championship will be Florida vs Auburn/Alabama

Mark My Word: Oklahoma & Ohio State will both lose an early regular season game, but still be flaunted as playoff contenders

Mark My Word: Every media outlet will be drooling at the thought of Clemson Vs Alabama Part V 

Mark my word:  Clemson repeats 

Mark my word:  Trevor Lawrence wins the Heisman

Mark my word:  UGA wins the conference 

Mark my word:  8-4 record for the Tigers 

MMW:  aublaise will win the 2019 Touchdown Auburn Bowl in spite of predicting Auburn to win every game (Auburn will not win every game)

MMW:  After the Oregon game, Auburn will be favored to win every game except for UGA and Alabama

MMW:  Auburn will finish the season with two losses, but will beat either UGA or Alabama

MMW:  UCF will not win the championship for whatever conference they are in

Mark My Word:

Georgia will lose at least one game due to QB injury with no viable replacement

Bama will not be called for holding in an SEC game this season.

Florida will be the most disappointing team in the country

Tennessee will have a losing record in the SEC

Auburn will make the playoffs and some on this board will still want Gus fired.

Someone on this board will blame Jay Jacobs for the Kennedy Assassination.

MMW: We finally beat LSU at Baton Rouge, holding a double digit lead at halftime and actually holding on to win for once

MMW: We put Miss State back in their place and win by 21+

MMW: We are one of TAMU's 5 losses this year

MMW: We beat Georgia but lose to Bama

MMW: Bama gets destroyed by Clemson again in the Natty 45-17

On 8/10/2019 at 11:05 AM, WarEagle1982 said:

Mark my word:  Clemson repeats 

Mark my word:  Trevor Lawrence wins the Heisman

Mark my word:  UGA wins the conference 

Mark my word:  8-4 record for the Tigers 

Didn't really go out on a limb with these predictions. I mean, you are probably correct, but this thread is about fantasy. 

Mark My Word: The Auburn secondary will lead the SEC in interceptions.

Mark My Word: The top 5 teams to open the season will all have at least one loss at the end of the regular season (Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma, Ohio State).

Mark My Word: Whoever our QB is will at least be mentioned in the Heisman Trophy talk at the end of the season.

Mark My Word: An FCS school beats and FBS school on August 31st.  

MMW. Gus knows Nix is the starting QB but is waiting until Wednesday to announce. 

MMW. Nix will be one of the best QBs in the SEC which will unfortunately make JG transfer. 

MMW. TD and Smoke Monday will be first team all SEC 

20 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Mark My Word: The Auburn secondary will lead the SEC in interceptions.

Mark My Word: The top 5 teams to open the season will all have at least one loss at the end of the regular season (Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma, Ohio State).

Mark My Word: Whoever our QB is will at least be mentioned in the Heisman Trophy talk at the end of the season.

Mark My Word: An FCS school beats and FBS school on August 31st.  

Who's Michigan playing?

Mark My Word: Nick Saban retires after a disappointing year and losing to Auburn and only making a bowl game. 

On 8/12/2019 at 2:00 PM, AuburnTiger4Life said:

MMW. Gus knows Nix is the starting QB but is waiting until Wednesday to announce. 

MMW. Nix will be one of the best QBs in the SEC which will unfortunately make JG transfer. 

MMW. TD and Smoke Monday will be first team all SEC 

Well 2/3 ain’t bad 

1. Mark My Word-Gatewood enters transfer portal after 4 appearances

2. Mark My Word-Auburn wins 1  between Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Florida

3. Mark My Word-Gus will NOT cost us at least 1 game due to stubbornness

Mark my word: It WAS a Double Dribble

Mark my word: some NCAA officials, especially Final Four, are corrupt

Mark my word: Don't tell me to "get over it" I'll NEVER get over it.

Mark my word: Smack the Duck

Archived