Auburn Changes Logo

weathergeakal

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Auburn-Tigers-new-logo-134309019/

AUBURN, Alabama — Auburn has updated its "shield" logo for academics and athletics, and though the changes are slight, it is the most noticeable change for the university's insignia since the turn of the century.

The new logo utilizes the traditional"AU" shield framework, but closes the white space between the "A" and "U" to provide more focus on the "A" for Auburn. The "U" in the logo is also shorter in height than in the previous version.

The new design was leaked to Auburn Undercover on Wednesday and confirmed by Auburn University in an email correspondence Thursday with Auburn Undercover.

"Auburn updated its visual identity system to make it compatible with the many ways, especially digital, in which it is now used and to help us further elevate the Auburn brand," said Mike Clardy, the university's assistant vice president for communications. "It’s in fact already in partial use."

Auburn Undercover was provided an image Wednesday of the updated look of the logo, along with new font, in a masthead soon to be used by the university on the academics side of the institution. On Thursday, the university confirmed the veracity of the logo and later provided the new logo the athletics department will soon use.

It's not clear if Auburn will update the logo on its uniforms, helmets and gear for the upcoming athletics season for football, soccer, volleyball and basketball. 

The athletics and academics logos are below. Other treatments will include "University" with "Auburn" also included for the academic logos, Clardy said.

*** Get 30% off an annual subscription  to receive the latest Auburn recruiting and team scoops ***

*** Get FREE Auburn breaking news in your inbox ***

9368739.JPG(Photo: Auburn University)  35COMMENTS

9368730.jpeg

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sometimes leaving well enough alone is the best choice of action.  In this case, leaving well enough alone is the best choice. Why take a thing of beauty, and try to make it less beautiful?

Yeah.... Don't see the point. 

Now, instead of an "AU" it looks like an "A" on a horseshoe.

But on a helmet with an orange facemask I bet it'll look awesome.  😎

That’s ******* terrible. It looks like a 3 year old drew it. Guess I gotta start wearing those vintage logo shirts and hats.

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

I do think I prefer the new logo, even if I don't really see the point in changing it.

Can you explain why? I’m very distraught and I need someone to explain this thing to me.

Not someone who is resistant to change but damn this seemed like a waste of resources for a slight downgrade

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Can you explain why? I’m very distraught and I need someone to explain this thing to me.

Well my wife prefers the old one, and she's smarter than I am, so there's that.

In seriousness, it's an either or for me. I think I like that there's less wasted space with the new one. It's a little tidier to me. Anyway, I don't see the point in changing it. Just my thought.

I’d have loved it if they changed it but didn’t announce it. Because nobody would’ve really noticed lmao. They moved letters a little closer and people are legit 😫 about it 

I freaking hate it.  The little white triangles kept it clean to me. It's what I remember as a kid when drawing the AU.  Gave it more balance.  Now is looks like it was stepped on by an elephant, pun intended. 

2 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

I’d have loved it if they changed it but didn’t announce it. Because nobody would’ve really noticed lmao. They moved letters a little closer and people are legit 😫 about it 

Lolol this is actually a great point

Leath's final display of financial ineptitude.  I can't even begin to imagine what it's going to cost to replace every logo on campus.

Just now, dyehardfanAU said:

Leath's final display of financial ineptitude.  I can't even begin to imagine what it's going to cost to replace every logo on campus.

I can think of Numerous things that money would be better spent on!

8 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Maybe it’s just an attention to detail trait in each individual, but I would have noticed that in a heartbeat. I don’t really see that as a small change in my mind. I was expecting something smaller. Lol.

This is unbelievable- the people spending the money won’t build a football only facility that will bring us in the 21st century, but they’ll spend God knows how much money on changing something that nobody wants changed?!

The second one that says Auburn beside it looks like a modern clean stylized version. I could probably deal with that. It’s the one that has the outline that I’m not feeling.

Is no one going to acknowledge the new don't is "Sabon" instead of "Copperplate"?

tenor.gif?ctx=share

Archived