Auburn Changes Logo

weathergeakal

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Well at least there's going to be a ton of previously expensive Under Armour AU gear on sale in the very near future and nobody is going to even really be able to tell the difference without staring at you like a crazy person

Oh let's hope so. Good thought. I need a new game day shirt anyway

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, AU64 said:

JMO but this is the end for that design.  That's how someone kills an idea they don't like especially at AU where change is pretty much forbidden.  They leak it to the media before a positive spin campaign is set up and then let all the negative reactions scare people away from it.  It's  DOA....died in the womb.  

Likely there will never be a shirt or uniform with the new logo...:dunno:

I, for one, hope you're right. 

12 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I, for one, hope you're right. 

i hope he is right too....that new updated logo is just not proper.  who decides these types of things?  please ditch it and go back to our usual AU.

will this be on the side of helmets?  i know its subtle, but to old guys, this is a travesty.

3 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

This is a University led project, not something brought on by the AD.  The money could've gone towards student recruiting though instead of lining some Marketing/Branding companies pockets.

AU makes millions from branded products......so the school could possibly benefit if the change stimulated a bunch of new apparel sales...but likely the changes is so innocuous that most people won't notice and I can't see people running out to buy new over-priced sportswear in order to get the new logo.  

Meanwhile, the negative Nancys at it again....looking for something to complain about.   ....football has not even started and the whiners are getting warmed up and ready to complain about every play call coaching decision. :no:   pitiful. 

14 hours ago, doc4aday said:

sometimes leaving well enough alone is the best choice of action.  In this case, leaving well enough alone is the best choice. Why take a thing of beauty, and try to make it less beautiful?

Whaaaaat?  How are people in the Communications and Marketing departments gonna get promoted if they don't change things?

It's the rounded bottom of the "U" that is killing me. It looks unstable and puffy. If they merely wanted to emphasize the A, why not just eliminate the white space in the 1st example below (bottom left). If they "had" to change the AU proportion, at least keep the older shape of the U as in the 2nd example (bottom left). I think either of these is a better alternative than the new one the Leathites came up with.

AU Logo Options.jpg

I’ve got a lot more stuff to be upset about than a font change. 😝 

27 minutes ago, AU64 said:

AU makes millions from branded products......so the school could possibly benefit if the change stimulated a bunch of new apparel sales...but likely the changes is so innocuous that most people won't notice and I can't see people running out to buy new over-priced sportswear in order to get the new logo.  

Meanwhile, the negative Nancys at it again....looking for something to complain about.   ....football has not even started and the whiners are getting warmed up and ready to complain about every play call coaching decision. :no:   pitiful. 

A lot of new merchandise will need to be sold just to offset the cost to replace the AU on the outside of the stadium alone. The change is subtle enough to not warrant a change at all so that's my complaint about it. Call me a negative Nancy but I really liked the old logo and I will not be rushing to buy anything with the new one on it.

15 minutes ago, gr82be said:

A lot of new merchandise will need to be sold just to offset the cost to replace the AU on the outside of the stadium alone. The change is subtle enough to not warrant a change at all so that's my complaint about it. Call me a negative Nancy but I really liked the old logo and I will not be rushing to buy anything with the new one on it.

I agree with you...but not gonna gripe about it....

Glad we had the money to do this after cutting each athletic department budgets by 10%.

I sure wish in 2020, we would move to play LSU and Alabama in back to back weeks.

Whatever people have no issues wearing gear with the wrong colors why the heck should this really matter.  I am thinking I should sell for $1.25 a card people can use to check the color of their gear before they buy it.

https://www.auburn.edu/template/colors.html

1 hour ago, TigerFanAU said:

apparently the font is called "Sabon"??? Is that for real??

Yep, it's an Adobe font that's been around for quite a while.  Looks excellent in books.  Highly readable, classic look.

12 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Yep, it's an Adobe font that's been around for quite a while.  Looks excellent in books.  Highly readable, classic look.

And one letter off from some guy in Tuscaloosa that's been a pain in our a** for a decade.

You can't make this up. Its almost like they're trolling us with this.

12 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

And one letter off from some guy in Tuscaloosa that's been a pain in our a** for a decade.

You can't make this up. Its almost like they're trolling us with this.

The comedy practically writes itself.

16 hours ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

I'm liking it the more I look at it. I'm starting to see how it's a more modern, simpler design than the older one.

I don't mind the one in your avi as much but the blue and orange one looks awful.

18 hours ago, Sizzle said:

I’d have loved it if they changed it but didn’t announce it. Because nobody would’ve really noticed lmao. They moved letters a little closer and people are legit 😫 about it 

You don't think people would've noticed our classic, symmetrical logo changing into an orange & blue teepee?

Don't like it at all. I'm not one who is normally resistant to change. I for instance wish we had several alternative unis. However, I think when a change is made it should be something unique, or an upgrade. This is neither. The round bottom U looks god awful.

Archived