Auburn Changes Logo

weathergeakal

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

I prefer the new one just to piss the traditionalist off . Lol. If Auburn wouldn’t have announced this and just made the change nobody would’ve even noticed 

When I found out that the recently departed Leath (who not only makes coaches millionaires, but also himself) is responsible for the New one, I quickly became a Traditionalist!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I'm gonna be completely honest here. If nobody told me that it was changed, I'd probably never have noticed. 

I’m right there with you. When the picture was first posted, I felt like I was looking at one of those “find the difference” books that my kids used to have. 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I prefer the new one just to piss the traditionalist off . Lol. If Auburn wouldn’t have announced this and just made the change nobody would’ve even noticed 

Thanks Dag. :dunno:

Not pi$$ed at all though...but I would have noticed. In the end it's who's wearing the helmet that makes the difference, not what's on it. I did just buy a brand new cap for this season so I'm good for a while with the old logo. 

5 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I’m right there with you. When the picture was first posted, I felt like I was looking at one of those “find the difference” books that my kids used to have. 

How??????? 

Honestly, how? Guess you guys can't spot the difference between these two either?

10377213-large.jpg

59c72f6a8da7e.image.jpg

5 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

How??????? 

Honestly, how? Guess you guys can't spot the difference between these two either?

10377213-large.jpg

59c72f6a8da7e.image.jpg

Okay.... Now THIS is hilarious 😂, thanks!!

11 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

How??????? 

10377213-large.jpg

59c72f6a8da7e.image.jpg

Truthfully I see Zip in the bottom photo that is different from the top. 

Just now, Tiger Refuge said:

Oh, I can see the difference there. It’s clear.

97248ADA-386D-46C3-94A4-52EBE2B45B61.jpeg

I'm going to take a guess that you're wrong about this. Terry Bowden has probably never eaten lettuce. 

Jay Tate said Leath was the driving force behind the change. Also said that Athletics and Allan Greene were against the change but were overruled.

7 minutes ago, CR said:

Jay Tate said Leath was the driving force behind the change. Also said that Athletics and Allan Greene were against the change but were overruled.

That is proof the man wasn't a good leader. Good leaders listen to the people they surround themselves with and consider their input when making decisions. If their opinions aren't valued why have them in your employ? 

15 hours ago, bigbird said:

The new one looks to have a 2x T-shirt in it

So I have an idea to kill the new logo.  Put it out there to social media that this is a subliminal klan outfit built into our logo.  

14 hours ago, Weagle98 said:

So I have an idea to kill the new logo.  Put it out there to social media that this is a subliminal klan outfit built into our logo.  

You are not the only one who noticed that. Agreed that it is not intentional and it is a stretch. 

It's not a huge deal to me but seeing how Leath isn't here anymore can the logo change be reversed then?

I'm not sure how much money was spent on this project but pretty sure some guy on my facebook would've made this design change for $15 lol

16 minutes ago, Tiger said:

It's not a huge deal to me but seeing how Leath isn't here anymore can the logo change be reversed then?

I'm not sure how much money was spent on this project but pretty sure some guy on my facebook would've made this design change for $15 lol

I’ll change the logo for free. Gimme two seconds...

Primary

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsDE_Fh3OWJC_Hns4prgQ
Secondary

7316.png

Wordmark

Auburn_Tigers_5c92f_450x450.png

25 minutes ago, Tiger said:

It's hard to believe that the President of this large University would have any interest in a logo. Is this fake news?

If it's not (heaven forbid)...then since he has been gone, I don't understand the reason for going forward if your AD was against the change...and it just takes a 'stop the presses' decision by Greene...

• 2 months later...
35 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Glad they decided to not use it but would have been nice to not have wasted the money on the design. 

Archived