Sign in to follow this  
AU64

Paper Tickets a thing of the past?

Recommended Posts

https://www.wbtv.com/2019/08/11/no-paper-tickets-why-panthers-will-make-you-use-your-phone-get-into-games/

Is this the future for college football too?    

Great sales pitch by the Panthers which IMO is mostly BS.   JMO but they are looking for data on attendees and will sell that information to others as well as using it for spam about Panther products and events. 

Maybe is just old fashioned me....but I would never attend a game if that was the only way to get into it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




On 8/12/2019 at 9:59 AM, AU64 said:

https://www.wbtv.com/2019/08/11/no-paper-tickets-why-panthers-will-make-you-use-your-phone-get-into-games/

Is this the future for college football too?    

Great sales pitch by the Panthers which IMO is mostly BS.   JMO but they are looking for data on attendees and will sell that information to others as well as using it for spam about Panther products and events. 

Maybe is just old fashioned me....but I would never attend a game if that was the only way to get into it. 

I my phone for concerts all the time. Never have any issues and never get spam on my phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2019 at 9:59 AM, AU64 said:

https://www.wbtv.com/2019/08/11/no-paper-tickets-why-panthers-will-make-you-use-your-phone-get-into-games/

Is this the future for college football too?    

Great sales pitch by the Panthers which IMO is mostly BS.   JMO but they are looking for data on attendees and will sell that information to others as well as using it for spam about Panther products and events. 

Maybe is just old fashioned me....but I would never attend a game if that was the only way to get into it. 

I use my phone for airline tickets/boarding passes, concert tickets and pro sports tickets in the past a well.  I attended a Red Socks game last month, purchased the tix with my phone and used it to get into Fenway.  No problem!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, keesler said:

I use my phone for airline tickets/boarding passes, concert tickets and pro sports tickets in the past a well.  I attended a Red Socks game last month, purchased the tix with my phone and used it to get into Fenway.  No problem!

JMO but a good part of the population...like me, does not do any of that....and all you had to do is read some of the fan comments to see that a lot of Panther's fans are not that happy with the system.  

I think the issue is giving tickets to friends or business contacts.. But panther were also open about using the data they gather to send e-mails (spam) to their new found "customers". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

I my phone for concerts all the time. Never have any issues and never get spam on my phone.

Of course some people are OK with it....I'm saying that some people, maybe a lot will not be ok with it.   Big hassle selling extra tickets or for people wanting to buy tickets at the game on the street corner or companies who buy tickets for customers.   I understand it's a business thing but if you cut off a portion of your potential customer base or make it hard for them to do business with your, they have to have to at least think about it.   I'm betting that you will see more empty seats at "sold out games".  JMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this