2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

At the moment I would be a little worried

I'm going to be an angry Cole if they mess this season up

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm not interested in anything but the o line personally

I might change "interested" to "worried" but otherwise you really ain't wrong.

Better O-line play earlier last season might have gained a W or two...

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

God I hope I'm wrong but I am truly nervous about them now we may get out with a win over OU cause their D-line is not great. 

47 minutes ago, CodeRocket said:

Did I miss something? I don't see Smoke Monday listed with the first or second defense.

@CodeRocket Doesn't mean much. Outside the starting OL & maybe DL there was a lot of mixing & matching.

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

God I hope I'm wrong but I am truly nervous about them now we may get out with a win over OU cause their D-line is not great. 

Well that should give us 2/3 games to improve if we can get by the first game

I’ll say this, if BO ends up as #1 and Gus doesn’t have it lined up that in some 3rd and shorts that we don’t have JG as an option.... I’ll be disappointed. Go full Leak and Tebow at UF. 

Why do they keep asking them about the battle when they know they're gonna get the same answer?

IMG_1974.GIF

Anyone catch the roll on the Rugby punt by the Aussie?  My man. 

45 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Why do they keep asking them about the battle when they know they're gonna get the same answer?

Because it’s their job to try. 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Because it’s their job to try. 

And the coaches probably remind them to ride the fence before they allow them to speak. I suspect the players are chosen to speak to the media based on their ability to ride the fence. 

10 hours ago, cole256 said:

"They" won't have messed it up, Gus will have messed it up by not prioritizing the recruiting of OL for the past 6 years.  Very similar to his QB recruiting success has him choosing between a RS Freshman and a True Freshman.

6 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Rhett got mad and took that thing with him

I saw it last year!  Horton has it working with the RB’s trying to jar the ball loose.  Where it is after he left, who knows. 

10 hours ago, cole256 said:

Definitely. Feel like they already messed up last season. For the life of me, I just dont understand why Gus, a guy with an offense absolutely predicated on the run game, wont hire an elite o line coach. Nothing against Grimes, he seems like a fiery sob and nice man, but this is the SEC. You need the Xs and Os and the Jimmy's and Joe's. It's a dog eat dog world. Maybe Gus has tried but cant get one due to his 'unique' style of offense. Maybe I have no clue what I'm talking about. All I know is what I see with o line recruiting and performance. 

11 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I believe Cam just grabbed it however whenever, I could be wrong though

I'm not sure what Cam did at Auburn, but it's funny I was watching his highschool highlights the other day and noticed him spinning the ball like that as he received the snap in a live game. 

13 hours ago, AUEngineer2016 said:

Better video on QB's. Bo wasn't head and shoulders above Joey in anything I saw IMO. In the Target Practice drill, Bo was consistently overthrowing the target, especially when throwing to his left. 

Whats up with the brick on the practice facility in the background...concentrated areas of lighter brick?

2 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Whats up with the brick on the practice facility in the background...concentrated areas of lighter brick?

Design element in the brick work 

Image result for brick anchorman gif

Focus man!

3 hours ago, twilli13 said:

Definitely. Feel like they already messed up last season. For the life of me, I just dont understand why Gus, a guy with an offense absolutely predicated on the run game, wont hire an elite o line coach. Nothing against Grimes, he seems like a fiery sob and nice man, but this is the SEC. You need the Xs and Os and the Jimmy's and Joe's. It's a dog eat dog world. Maybe Gus has tried but cant get one due to his 'unique' style of offense. Maybe I have no clue what I'm talking about. All I know is what I see with o line recruiting and performance. 

Herb Hand seems to be thought of as an elite OL coach in some circles. He keeps getting highly thought of jobs anyway (Penn State --> Au --> Texas)

Herb seems to be killing it in recruiting at Texas.

Any news about Shadrick Jackson?  WRs dropping like flies lately.

Archived