Practice News & Notes: 8/12

ellitor

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

@DAG

I naturally get optimistic at the start of every football season, but your new avi really has me pumped up!

Thanks bro. I needed something positive. It’s two weeks till football season. I am ready for Auburn to set the record straight. 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Thanks bro. I needed something positive. It’s two weeks till football season. I am ready for Auburn to set the record straight. 

That’s right. Do or die is on the line and cant get any more exciting than that. High stakes poker. More exciting than being told we are going to be really good by the media. 

55 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

@DAG

I naturally get optimistic at the start of every football season, but your new avi really has me pumped up!

92AE8AAF-4E04-4B8A-B58C-DCC2AE5879E5.gif

I’m way too excited to hear what happens in the scrimmage today.  I feel like this will be a little more offense friendly than the last.  I hope we hear about some guys making plays.

28 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I’m way too excited to hear what happens in the scrimmage today.  I feel like this will be a little more offense friendly than the last.  I hope we hear about some guys making plays.

Do we know what time the scrimmage is supposed to be held?!  I am overly excited about the intel we get from it as well.  The season needs to go ahead and start!

5 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Can’t believe I’m this excited for a scrimmage 

Football is upon us brother. I have had to rely on arena and Canadian football to accommodate me. 

7 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Can’t believe I’m this excited for a scrimmage 

I would be if I expected a QB announcement soon which I don't. What we need to hear today is a WR outside our top 4 please step up! & starting OL get better now instead of waiting til late in the season like last year.

17 hours ago, ellitor said:

I'm starting to think Gus may not make an official announcement.

Why would he. If it is Bo but Oregon has to spend some practice time working on Joey then I say don't make the call until game week.

10 minutes ago, bg5 said:

Why would he. If it is Bo but Oregon has to spend some practice time working on Joey then I say don't make the call until game week.

They’re gonna need to prepare for both either way.  I have no doubt both guys get a shot against the Ducks.  Whichever has the hot hand or doesn’t turn the ball over will probably get the majority of the snaps.  I see this being similar to Bama Jalen’s freshman season against USC.

46 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Was there no practice yesterday? Never saw anything.

44 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Nope. Last practice was Tuesday. No access.

?

19 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

?

My bad. Today feels like Thursday. I think there was practice Tuesday. but the only thing that came out was pics from AU.

4 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:
13 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

What's interesting is Hastings and Stove have not worn non-contact jerseys over the last week despite being held out of drills, leaving open the question of whether there's some gamesmanship happening with Oregon's spies.

This is interesting...

This could mean that Gus is actually playing games sending Nix out with the 1st team during the viewing periods of last week's practices.

Very interesting and I wouldn't put it past Gus, especially with so much on the line for him this season.  He will probably try to use everything at his disposal to gain any advantage he can.  If true, then it's going to be hard to trust any info coming out of scrimmages and practices from here on out since the media won't be viewing any more of them live.  And, although it's frustrating, I'm fine with that if it gives us a better chance to beat Oregon.

I definitely think there’s some games being played, and why not? I feel like one constant is true; Gus knows who he wants to begin the Oregon game. Either it’s a guy he can afford to let UO gameplan for, or not 

He should truly commit to the act and bring both out first play 

9 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

You have to prepare for 2 QBs when both have played and you have game tape on them. They have to prepare for Gus’s entire offense, not our QBs in this situation. 

I still say there is no good reason to publicly name a starter.  The team needs to know, but not Oregon or us for that matter.

1 hour ago, eulessau said:

I still say there is no good reason to publicly name a starter.  The team needs to know, but not Oregon or us for that matter.

Same. Malzahn usually doesn’t care about that part of gamesmanship though. He usually announces anyway. I think he even announced Sean White before he played 4 QBs against Clemson. 

18 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Same. Malzahn usually doesn’t care about that part of gamesmanship though. He usually announces anyway. I think he even announced Sean White before he played 4 QBs against Clemson. 

I would argue that was actually Gus participating in such gamesmanship. He named a starter but didn't give him starter snaps. I think he wanted Clemson to prep for White exclusively.

10 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I would argue that was actually Gus participating in such gamesmanship. He named a starter but didn't give him starter snaps. I think he wanted Clemson to prep for White exclusively.

Well, it didn’t work.  I hope he never does it again.  I can’t wait for the first game so I can confirm he’s not going to do it again. Pleeeeease be true.

24 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Gus was playing 6d chess while the opponents were calling the plays for him. He outsmarted himself there. I just know most years ( according to a Marcello podcast) that he calls the race around the 18th. Won’t happen this year. Might as well just use gamesmanship and leave Oregon guessing the degree that both quarterbacks will play at this point. 

Archived