2019 Women’s Soccer

jared52

10’ to go and UT has a free kick just outside the box. The pressure is relentless and AU is doing nothing to try and keep possession. 

Free kick sails over the bar. 

17 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

I watched the last 18’ ... that was not fun soccer ... definitely not a display of “the beautiful game”.  But a W is always good.

I kept yelling at the TV, "QUIT PUNTING THE BALL!" There were times where Gadson or Daly or Malonson had the ball and they just kicked it to midfield. I know that AU had parked the bus and you don't want to turn the ball over in your end, but it was too quick to just get rid of it for the ones who have footwork and can move the ball up the field. We've replaced the Tubbershell with the Hoppashell. 😂

Anyone know what happened to Julia Pack? She was a FR last year but didn't play (not sure she even dressed). I was hoping to see a home-grown player make an impact and heard good things about her, but she's not listed on the 2019 roster.

8 hours ago, jared52 said:

Anyone know what happened to Julia Pack? She was a FR last year but didn't play (not sure she even dressed). I was hoping to see a home-grown player make an impact and heard good things about her, but she's not listed on the 2019 roster.

She was a super talent.  Had some national team attention when younger.  Had some knee issues last couple years of high school.  I’m not 100% sure what happened but assume nagging injuries was part of the story.  She had the best first touch I saw in youth soccer in alabama.

9 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

She was a super talent.  Had some national team attention when younger.  Had some knee issues last couple years of high school.  I’m not 100% sure what happened but assume nagging injuries was part of the story.  She had the best first touch I saw in youth soccer in alabama.

Man that’s disappointing. I never saw her play beyond some highlights. Hope she heals and can play somewhere if her heart is still in it.

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't been able to watch too many games so I don't know what's been developing with the team, but they got curb stomped by Arky 5-0 last night, giving up 4 goals in the second half.

Good to see the ladies recover from that manhandling by Arky to beat uat in Tuscaloosa in 2OT 3-2. Always, always, always love beating uat. Which seems to happen regularly in almost every sport. Almost. 

Archived