Practice News & Notes: 8/14 (Scrimmage #2)

ellitor

37 minutes ago, cole256 said:

E I like you and stuff but you're going to have to stop letting that excuse be made for anything I do

It's not an excuse. I'm just trying to help you communicate better with others. You are extremely intelligent but you turn some people off with the tone of some of your posts. There's no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

You come across more combative on your posts daily

I don't know about daily anymore but yes I know it's something I struggle with & I still work on it.

I asked....how else could I have asked that question?

Why do you think we are one of the best if not the best defensive fronts? would have come across less combative.

when it's replacing 4 positions

Do you mean 4 guys off the DL? When only 1 is a starter (Donty Russell in this case) expectations are going to be high.

But I've been here long enough on the football and basketball boards where we go crazy with being the best....you can look at Williams last year where from that season he was the best freshman wr....I could go on and on but I won't

I'm not sure what you are talking about & it's not the point. It's statements like that which make other fans feel attacked & belittled.  These type of posts alienate some people. I am in no way advocating your stalkers. Them coming after you is bull. With that said, whether I or anyone agrees or disagrees with your opinions, post them confidently & don't give a rat's ass about what anyone thinks of them. If you want to be you & post in what is seen as a combative or condascending manner sometimes then expect the facepalms, downvotes, & combative replies that come with it.  Complaining about the facepalms or downvotes afterwards doesn't do any good. Yes I know I need to take my own advice.

This will be my last post on your posting style. I know your tired of it & understandably so. I'll just keep it topic related from now on.

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Moultry is in a walking boot and wearing a non-contact jersey from what I've read elsewhere.  Also, OL struggled in run blocking as per usual.

2 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

So Moultry is in a walking boot and wearing a non-contact jersey from what I've read elsewhere.  Also, OL struggled in run blocking as per usual.

Don't think I've seen that.

2 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

It’s just a sprain. He’s fine 

8 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Who said run blocking struggled? I didn't see or hear that.

3 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

No. He’ll be back soon 

With our board it's hard to tell. lol

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

word on the street is bird volunteered some of his time this summer to work with smoke and iggie.  lol

I think the word was Bird volunteered to smoke some sticky icky icky.

8 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

I think the word was Bird volunteered to smoke some sticky icky icky wit Iggy.

FIFY. Couldn't pass it up & absolutely no disrespect to Iggy.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FIFY. Couldn't pass it up & absolutely no disrespect to Iggy.

Leave it up to 50 to throw the Smoke bomb.

16 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It's not an excuse. I'm just trying to help you communicate better with others. You are extremely intelligent but you turn some people off with the tone of some of your posts. There's no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

I don't know about daily anymore but yes I know it's something I struggle with & I still work on it.

Why do you think we are one of the best if not the best defensive fronts? would have come across less combative.

Do you mean 4 guys off the DL? When only 1 is a starter (Donty Russell in this case) expectations are going to be high.

I'm not sure what you are talking about & it's not the point. It's statements like that which make other fans feel attacked & belittled.  These type of posts alienate some people. I am in no way advocating your stalkers. Them coming after you is bull. With that said, whether I or anyone agrees or disagrees with your opinions, post them confidently & don't give a rat's ass about what anyone thinks of them. If you want to be you & post in what is seen as a combative or condascending manner sometimes then expect the facepalms, downvotes, & combative replies that come with it.  Complaining about the facepalms or downvotes afterwards doesn't do any good. Yes I know I need to take my own advice.

This will be my last post on your posting style. I know your tired of it & understandably so. I'll just keep it topic related from now on.

I can't do all that splitting up so I'll reply in order

A little is true, but most people is the same people that carry an agenda....

Well if it hard for you see that it's hard for me too. But you're treated much different, you should see that

There's no difference in the two statements, I asked how do you know, you said why do you think.....

No I mean 4 guys from the defensive front as the linebackers are included, especially the way we use the buck, but once again back ups matter as well. Especially with d line.

Your last paragraph I don't really understand what you're saying or why you're talking about my style here. I said people take the best thing and run with it, you said no, I'm saying yes. As far as face palms I could care less, I didn't complain about them I pointed out how silly it was I got them when EVERYTHING I say makes sense and it shows the sunshine pumping level. So all that other stuff was moot as you misinterpreted something somewhere in there. 

And yes it is something you could work on like you stated but once again you don't really have to deal with what I do so it's a little easier on your end IMO. 

Thanks for the discussion

3 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Moultry is sprain. Give him a couple days. Early mobilization these days is key. 

ALWAYS appreciate your posts! Thanks! 

6 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

@aujeff11 did you get PTBs nugget... 

He keeps hearing (from the media) how it looks like Nix is going to start...but from his eyes (at practice...)

giphy-1.gif

All I’ve heard is Bo Nic this, Bo Nix that. I hope he is right, but I’m skeptical. 

Bo Nix was apparently considered a DT QB by just one recruiting service and that apparently makes him a DT guy. lol 

9 hours ago, cole256 said:

How do you know we are one of the best if not the best defensive fronts?

Because potential vs actual is a trying concept for fans.

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Because potential vs actual is a trying concept for fans.

Coe

+

Brown

+

Davidson

actual

I expect the way the scrimmages are being run , will be the same exact way the QBs will play on the first game. Who comes out first will be meaningless and I am willing to bet this has been communicated to the two. 

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Coe

+

Brown

+

Davidson

actual

Wrong. Like I said, a trying concept. Until they play this year and until they finish as one of the best DL in the country, then it's all potential. 

2018: Auburn has one of the best DL in the country. Unrealized potential

2018: Pre-season rank #3

2019: Auburn has one of the best DL in the country. Potential

2019: Pre-season #8

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Wrong. Like I said, a trying concept. Until they play this year and until they finish as one of the best DL in the country, then it's all potential. 

2018: Auburn has one of the best DL in the country. Unrealized potential

2018: Pre-season rank #3

2019: Auburn has one of the best DL in the country. Potential

2019: Pre-season #8

Auburn’s DL stats last year wasn’t all on them. 

Auburn’s returning starters are actual evidence that the DL will be a strength.

Moultry wasn’t very far off last year he just needed a year to acclimate. 

Truesdell will potentially be a low 3* hero. 

Preseason Top 8? Can go up or down. Preseason rankings are pointless anyway. 

Archived