Practice News & Notes: 8/14 (Scrimmage #2)

ellitor

8 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I totally agree with him that our defense has to take the next step. A good coach has to think like that if for no other reason than to have the players wanting more. Like Cole said, the inexperienced linebackers aren’t accounted for in the Athlon DL rankings. Neither are a whole bunch of other variables including:  depth, SOS, TOP,  garbage stats, and many many more. We will be stout but I don’t know about Athlon’s ranking. 

I actually didn’t realize our 2010 defense was so stout on run defense. One of my unsung heroes that I have yet to post though was Antoine Carter..He, being a DL, ran down a Heisman RB and forced a fumble through the EZ which helped us get back into the game. Was a solid player year around as well. 

That play by AC is why coaches preach about not giving up on a play.

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

That play by AC is why coaches preach about not giving up on a play.

run.gif

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 7:47 AM, Auburn Kev said:

I've been telling my 14-year old son ( who plays DL) to never give up on a play even if you think you're out of it (i.e., keep playing until the whistle blows).  I'm going to share this video with him as a prime example of why you don't give up. 

On 8/20/2019 at 7:47 AM, Auburn Kev said:

Exactly why I mentioned him earlier. Cam and Lutz get all the glory, but Hot Carter and Darvin Adams (4th down tiptoe catch on the final drive) both made absolutely critical, gutsy plays in that game without which we would have 100% lost. Which makes them 2 of the most important plays in school history. 

Archived