2021 4* DB Brandon Perry

ellitor

1 hour ago, AU80cruiser said:

This is true. I do enjoy that about their school. I wish beauregard had a band like that.

I don't even understand his composite ranking. 247 doesn't have him rated at all, ESPN has him 236 overall, Rivals has him as a high 3* but haven't ordered their 2021 rankings past the top 100.

32 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I don't even understand his composite ranking. 247 doesn't have him rated at all, ESPN has him 236 overall, Rivals has him as a high 3* but haven't ordered their 2021 rankings past the top 100.

I was just about to tag you and ask you about that? Weird right?

6 hours ago, HarrisBoy334 said:

Also I thought coaches offered from camp performances against kids from all classes?

Probably. The offer came in mid June.

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

I only have a basic knowledge of how recruits get ranked but now I understand even less.

1.) Kid is certainly athletic. Hope he gets to play some DB for them the next two years if he's going to do that for us. Always good to bring in athletes.

2.) Whoever the camera man was in these highlights needs some work on his craft....

• Like 1

Good speed, solid hands, when he's running he does a good job of leaning and weaving without losing much speed, solid return skills, runs through tackles well, good pursuit and protecting the edge on run plays.

Now, and I could very well be wrong, he doesn't look like a full 5'10" to me. Either he has rather tall teammates and opponents or he's shorter than advertised. Which isn't the end of the world but any more we've been pretty consistent on wanting 6'0" + guys. He's likely a safety whose solid at run support and fast enough to recover from a misstep. Agreed he doesn't jump out at me like some 4* tend to do but I think he is a good get with our current staff. He chose a good school for his skill set and versatility.

2 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Whoever the camera man was in these highlights needs some work on his craft....

That's the nicest this can be put lol. Dude needs to be benched.

• Like 1

Interesting nugget from Hunter48 on Perry. Per H He’s not at Bullock County any more. He’s at Park Crossing this season. That's a big step up in competition.

• Like 3

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 4* DB Brandon Perry
  • ellitor unpinned and featured this topic

Per Keith AU does not consider Perry a commit. When he committed he did not OK it with the staff 1st. He could join the class later as he develops if the staff likes what they see but he is not a commit now.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Per Keith AU does not consider Perry a commit. When he committed he did not OK it with the staff 1st. He could join the class later as he develops if the staff likes what they see but he is not a commit now.

Interesting. Thanks for the info.