Y’all let me know if you need space

TexasTiger

51 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

I don't feel like he would of said or done something like that on his own. This is obviously due to his association with rappers and their rhetoric that influenced his actions.

You’re being sarcastic, right?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GiveEmElle said:

You’re being sarcastic, right?

I am just pointing out that Trump has had many associations with rappers, his name has prominently been used by rappers a multitude of times, and that many academic articles demonstrate a positive correlation of misogynous thinking and rap culture.It has been proposed on this forum that exposure to negative rhetoric leads to negative actions and that individual accountability does not "Trump" influence of celebrities/power players. It has also been said here that he is a weak minded village idiot for the most part. Then what mystical voodoo powers does he have that has protected him from the misogynous culture that he has been exposed to? Why can he not be influenced like all those influenced by him?

Or perhaps I just find the ever sliding scale of who and when a person is held accountable for their own actions in today's society entertaining and filled with hypocrisy.

11 hours ago, homersapien said:

And just for the record, I didn't say or infer that -

Sure you did. Open your eyes and read what you said Brother Homer. What is your deal with wanting to call people liars?

You are a very smart person. I can only assume you are feeling a bit of guilt over all of the Russia BS lies that you bit into and posted........for 2 1/2 years.

1 hour ago, Texan4Auburn said:

I am just pointing out that Trump has had many associations with rappers, his name has prominently been used by rappers a multitude of times, and that many academic articles demonstrate a positive correlation of misogynous thinking and rap culture.It has been proposed on this forum that exposure to negative rhetoric leads to negative actions and that individual accountability does not "Trump" influence of celebrities/power players. It has also been said here that he is a weak minded village idiot for the most part. Then what mystical voodoo powers does he have that has protected him from the misogynous culture that he has been exposed to? Why can he not be influenced like all those influenced by him?

Or perhaps I just find the ever sliding scale of who and when a person is held accountable for their own actions in today's society entertaining and filled with hypocrisy.

You should consider working for Fox. Sweet spin. Pun intended. 

1 minute ago, GiveEmElle said:

You should consider working for Fox. Sweet spin. Pun intended. 

You should learn to lighten up lol.... and get new material. Could play a drinking game with your go to Fox comeback. Mostly lighten up though.

19 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

You should learn to lighten up lol.... and get new material. Could play a drinking game with your go to Fox comeback. Mostly lighten up though.

Lighten up? Dude you don’t know me from Adam. I just find all these excuses for Trump’s behavior laughable. Yours’ is definitely funniest. He hangs out with rappers so he is absorbing their misogyny. How’s the koolaid taste?

5 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

They gave Trump nothing? You may want to read up on Russian money funneled through the NRA. 

You are the one that needs to read up on the subject. Since 2015 the NRA received $2,512.85 from Russian sources. The bulk of that was for magazines and membership dues. $525 was a straight-out donation. I suppose you think the $525 lost the election for Clinton?

The NRA does not need Russian money to donate $30 million. They have five million members paying $40 a year in membership dues. They also have a PAC-type fund that, along with millions of regular members tossing $50 or so in the kitty, has some heavy-hitter corporations donating. The NRA can give 30 million or twice 30 million if need be and doesn't need a dime of Russian money to do it.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-11/the-nra-received-donations-from-russian-nationals

2 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

Lighten up? Dude you don’t know me from Adam. I just find all these excuses for Trump’s behavior laughable. Yours’ is definitely funniest. He hangs out with rappers so he is absorbing their misogyny. How’s the koolaid taste?

That goes both ways. My koolaid is pretty damn good, but you don't know the flavor. Its not conservative, its not liberal, nor is it Republican or Democrat. Honestly you guys are no better than the attack dogs that ran Thanks Obama, fake certificate, articles everyday when he was in office while ignoring their parties own issues. I called them out on their BS also when they did it. You are so drowning in your koolaid you missed my shots putting Trump and the Squad in the same category, Trump and his wall,a pop at Mitch O'Connell, and think took one at Ted Cruz recently also. I don't fit in your box.

Get back to me when you start calling the Squad out for failing to condemn armed Antifa members firebombing buildings, Biden calling Antifa members heroic, mass shooters with democratic leanings, or people trying to claim that black kids sending out texts that "all chocolate kids will die tomorrow" at a school had no racial motivation.

Perhaps my comment had nothing to do with the man himself, but with the state of society in America as a whole with its desire to just cast accountability of all actions to others. Funny how you pin me into a category and attack vs going damn, you're right... there are generations of American kids that have grown up with that exact type of message playing in their clubs and their earbuds daily.

And you're wrong, I do know Adam from you. He is from San Diego and digs vodka infusions, isn't a slave to an idea, got us George Clinton tickets, and his response to topics is more than Trump, Cult, Fox. He also remembers I voted for Clinton, like Beto, and won't vote for Trump in the next election. Unless of course the left does like Alexa pointed out and goes so far overboard with no central candidates that I vote for him just to avoid that.

Two white males, a black male, an Asian male, 2 Hispanic women, a black woman, and a white woman walk into a stadium blaring funk what are they doing?..... Not giving a **** about your kool aid and stereotyping and having a good time in America in 2019!

12 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

What does it say about Trump that he will so readily emulate someone else's s***ty values?

I thought "The Chosen One" should be setting the standard, not mimicking some rapper.

On 8/20/2019 at 3:37 PM, SaltyTiger said:

Exhibit A in lowering ones self to sewer level. You resort to inferring  anyone disagreeing with Obama is a racist. You are no better than what you claim President Trump to be in that case. I am surprised at you. You should be ashamed again.

i love how lovers of cats with no morals want to preach to you. salty you disqualify yourself from statements like that because of the utter lying trash trump is. now you cats are doing some serious harm with religion with the young folks. how much lower does he have to act before you decide to choose jesus over him again? honest answers with no deflections please.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i love how lovers of cats with no morals want to preach to you. salty you disqualify yourself from statements like that because of the utter lying trash trump is. now you cats are doing some serious harm with religion with the young folks. how much lower does he have to act before you decide to choose jesus over him again? honest answers with no deflections please.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

What does it say about Trump that he will so readily emulate someone else's s***ty values?

He is a celebrity first and will always present himself as such. He has always been arrogant, brash, and adjusts himself to the company around him. Thus he will emulate popular pop culture if he thinks it will get him votes, social media hits, etc. Also remember that rappers use to idolize the man.

Now are we allowed to ask the same question about the individuals that emulate that same culture daily in the streets taking and destroying lives? or is the sliding accountability/influence scale back on?

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

I thought "The Chosen One" should be setting the standard, not mimicking some rapper.

I agree. Dropping the mic, brushing the shoulder, and inviting rappers that glorify cop killers during the week that officers trek to the National Law Enforcement Memorial to honor fallen comrades were bad moves by Obama.

2 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

He is a celebrity first and will always present himself as such. He has always been arrogant, brash, and adjusts himself to the company around him. Thus he will emulate popular pop culture if he thinks it will get him votes, social media hits, etc. Also remember that rappers use to idolize the man.

Well, I honestly can't argue with that.

He's a narcissistic psychopath.  Psychopaths  are notoriously excellent at "adjusting" themselves to the company around him.

But the issue is we have a narcissistic psychopath as our president.

21 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

I agree. Dropping the mic, brushing the shoulder, and inviting rappers that glorify cop killers during the week that officers trek to the National Law Enforcement Memorial to honor fallen comrades were bad moves by Obama.

Well, I'll overlook the obvious whataboutism and hypocrisy and just agree. Yes Obama was wrong.  What he did was bad and very politically naive.  

But Obama never positioned himself as the "chosen one":

There's been a change in President Donald Trump. He used to say he had accomplished more than any other President, a debatable claim. But now he's using messianic language about himself.

"I'm the chosen one," he said Wednesday about what he claims is a singular, and still only hoped-for, trade deal with China.

That was after he quoted a conspiracy theorist who described him, literally, as being like the King of Israel and said Jews "love him like the second coming of God" - -- also known as the Messiah.

Then Trump joked in front of a group of veterans about giving himself the Medal of Honor -- an award that recognizes the highest levels of military valor.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

"I'm the chosen one," he said Wednesday about what he claims is a singular, and still only hoped-for, trade deal with China.

Yes, he said that. I saw it live on my very own TV screen. I was wondering how long it would be before some lefty or group of lefties tried to make it into something that it wasn't. It was, of course, a semi-sarcastic style of remark ie: "Nobody else would do it so I'm the chosen one". Anybody desperate enough to try to make something big out of this comment is indeed grasping at straws.

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

Well, I'll overlook the obvious whataboutism and hypocrisy and just agree. Yes Obama was wrong.  What he did was bad and very politically naive.  

But Obama never positioned himself as the "chosen one":

There's been a change in President Donald Trump. He used to say he had accomplished more than any other President, a debatable claim. But now he's using messianic language about himself.

That was after he quoted a conspiracy theorist who described him, literally, as being like the King of Israel and said Jews "love him like the second coming of God" - -- also known as the Messiah.

Then Trump joked in front of a group of veterans about giving himself the Medal of Honor -- an award that recognizes the highest levels of military valor.

Don't care anymore. I'm out of this now with you and didn't read it. This is usually about the number post that your start calling me delusional, names. and a racist.

Plus I'm sure Ichy is starting to chafe from all the self gratification he has received.

10 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Don't care anymore. I'm out of this now with you and didn't read it. This is usually about the number post that your start calling me delusional, names. and a racist.

Plus I'm sure Ichy is starting to chafe from all the self gratification he has received.

lol:clap:

9 hours ago, homersapien said:

You make my point.  You've got nothing, not even wit.

Typical loser.

I nailed you. Nuff said. Typical whiner.

On 8/19/2019 at 9:45 AM, GiveEmElle said:

I did try and **** her. She was married.

I moved on her like a bitch. But I couldn’t get there. And she was married. Then all of a sudden I see her, she’s now got the big phony tits and everything. She’s totally changed her look.

Donald Trump 

Link?

On 8/21/2019 at 11:54 AM, GiveEmElle said:

This is my favorite trope. It’s like they completely ignore Trump is beholden to Russia, the NRA and corporate American. The only anti Trump knows is anti-truth. 

Baloney. What is he beholden to Russia about?  Do you still believe in collusion or can you provide a link/proof of something Trump is beholden about that has anything to do wit any action as POTUS? You and a lot of people will soon know a lot of truth you won't like.

18 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

You know, part of me was tempted to do just that, if only to press your button.  ;D

But smart move on your part.

21 hours ago, Mikey said:

Yes, he said that. I saw it live on my very own TV screen. I was wondering how long it would be before some lefty or group of lefties tried to make it into something that it wasn't. It was, of course, a semi-sarcastic style of remark ie: "Nobody else would do it so I'm the chosen one". Anybody desperate enough to try to make something big out of this comment is indeed grasping at straws.

Yeah, it would take a really "desperate" person to make something big out of a POTUS calling himself "the chosen one".  :rolleyes:

It's such normal behavior for the president of the U.S.  You folks kill me.  Your capacity for Trump's narcissism is unbounded.  Too much reality TV I guess.

9 hours ago, homersapien said:

Yeah, it would take a really "desperate" person to make something big out of a POTUS calling himself "the chosen one

It would take someone totally ignorant of English language usage or brain-damaged by TDD to try to make something serious out of that remark.

Archived