Projected depth chart

aubiefifty

15 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

looks like Mack is the mlb and Money is the outside backer in the nickle. Sam only being seen in the base 4-3.

Other than never hearing of the Mack before this is how I understand it. 1 last thing. Is the Star & Money LB the same position?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, toddc said:

That’s why I edited with sorry and changed to Tutt at nickel. I said he might be a starter sooner than later too.

The way it was worded still sounded like you thought Smoke was at Nickel & you were saying sorry to Tutt & that he shouldn't be starting.

10 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

Both of the two thrown his way

I know it was meant as a joke but a lot more than that.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Why not?

They’re both going to play but Why would Smoke start over Thomas. Thomas and Dinson run the defense. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Why not?

Apparently DT has been a team leader back there & playing really well. Supposedly even improved his coverage skills.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Apparently DT has been a team leader back there & playing really well. Supposedly even improved his coverage skills.

I understand that. That doesn't mean another couldn't. I'm not saying one is better than the other. Just both could start over eachother.

9 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

You can't sit Dinson right, should Smoke start over Thomas?

Again we place to much emphasis on so called starter. I promise Smoke will get all the playing time he can handle as will Dinson and Thomas. They are all three good it a good problem to have 😊

38 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Other than never hearing of the Mack before this is how I understand it. 1 last thing. Is the Star & Money LB the same position?

Star is the nickel

2 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Star is the nickel

Is the Money the nickel as well? My understanding is they are both the 4th LB on the field.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Is the Money the nickel as well? My understanding is they are both the 4th LB on the field.

Naw Money would be an OLB, the role Darrell Williams played. 

4th backer? Not in a nickel formation. I'm guessing you're considering the Buck position as a LB.

3 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Naw Money would be an OLB,

Is that the hippo package you discussed earlier. Sounds like we have up to 5 playing LB positions. My head hurts...

tenor.gif?itemid=3517757

6 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

4th backer? I'm guessing you're considering the Buck position as a LB.

Nope. Not saying they are all playing on the same play but it sounds like we have 5 different playing positions...

Mike
Will
Sam
Money
Star

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Is that the hippo package you discussed earlier. Sounds like we have up to 5 playing LB positions. My head hurts...

tenor.gif?itemid=3517757

From what I've gleaned Mac may just be what he calls the Mike in the dime package.

We really need Hunter to break it down.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

And DT was named one of the team captains. No way he is beat out or sits. He is a starter unless he gets hurt.

44 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Nope. Not saying they are all playing on the same play but it sounds like we have 5 different playing positions...

Mike
Will
Sam
Money
Star

Star is a DB since it's a nickel. Tutt being the presumed starter.

Money is just what Steele calls the Will.

So I count 3 typical LB positions - Mike, Money, and Sam. Plus the Buck if you're so inclined.

3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Forgot about Hastings.  Very reliable.  I would put him over Farrar as he has been having trouble catching the ball from what I read.  Hastings is about as good as it gets when you need a reliable receiver to check down to.

I love Hastings too. Just think those 4 have the highest ceilings. 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Could be the best defense we’ve had in years if everyone stays healthy 

On 8/19/2019 at 9:46 AM, aubiefifty said:

Running back:

Boobee Whitlow, redshirt sophomore

Kam Martin, senior

Shaun Shivers, sophomore

Harold Joiner, redshirt freshman

Malik Miller, redshirt junior

So Mr. Green is saying Malik is back at RB and no longer at FB/HB/TE whatever we call it?

14 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

So Mr. Green is saying Malik is back at RB and no longer at FB/HB/TE whatever we call it?

Apparently 2 guys (Miller and... Joiner?) were listed at "4 back" and several people heard "fullback". 

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

I love Hastings too. Just think those 4 have the highest ceilings. 

That's fair however if he's used right & well Wee Willie can be our Welker or Amondola (Sp?) which would be invaluable.

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Apparently 2 guys (Miller and... Joiner?) were listed at "4 back" and several people heard "fullback". 

On 8/3/2019 at 2:00 PM, McLoofus said:

He's solidly an RB now.

On 8/4/2019 at 8:53 PM, ellitor said:

Supposedly full back per Brandon Marcello yesterday.

24 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Yeah. We don't have a FB anymore despite what is listed on the official roster. lol. We have HB &/or TE. Depth there appears to be Jay Jay, Spencer Nigh The Blockinjg Guy, Shenker, Fromm, & Deal

Archived