Sign in to follow this  
Win4AU

Auburn ranked by AP #16

Recommended Posts





I know these polls are ultimately meaningless but lmao at Nebraska being ranked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

I know these polls are ultimately meaningless but lmao at Nebraska being ranked. 

I don't know...I feel Nebraska might win that division.  I think they're going to be pretty good fairly soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kennypowers said:

I don't know...I feel Nebraska might win that division.  I think they're going to be pretty good fairly soon.

They won four games last year. Come on. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Oregon comes in at No. 11.  Quite the slate for AU ...

Was really hoping they would be given a top 10 spot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, logan adams said:

Was really hoping they would be given a top 10 spot. 

Wish they were top 5

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A happy medium for us who want all the smoke versus those who want the sneak attack. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kennypowers said:

We won 3 games in 2012.

Yes but Nebraska has consistently been trending down. Not an exact apples to oranges comparison. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kind of is though.  We weren't exactly trending up.  They've got a good coach in his 2nd year with a lot of returning talent.

We had a 1st year unknown coach with a lot of returning talent.  Plus, they play in the freaking Big 10.

It'll all play out...I just need the season to get here, so it can be October and not want it to end.

Edited by kennypowers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yes but Nebraska has consistently been trending down. Not an exact apples to oranges comparison. 

My guess is they're ranked due to Scott Frost plus their QB, Adrian Martinez, being on the Heisman watch list.  Not that I agree...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

My guess is they're ranked due to Scott Frost plus their QB, Adrian Martinez, being on the Heisman watch list.  Not that I agree...

And they lost 5 games by 5 points or fewer. So they were fairly close to a 9 win season. I don’t see a top 25 team but they weren’t quite as bad as the W-L dictates.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nebraska has been one of the most hyped teams off the offseason, media wants them to be back and I do too. That division in the B10 needs to be better to stop OSU; Michigan damn sure never will 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Still think Florida is very overrated 

They’re battling some personnel issues over there. With the right loss, that team could fold on itself! And as much improved as Franks was from 2017 to 2018, he still had some brutal performances (Missouri). Hopefully we can make some noise in Gainesville this year! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DAG said:

Still think Florida is very overrated 

well we get to do something about it.

Auburn's schedule is absurd. Auburn plays a National Championship caliber game 6 times this season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

They’re battling some personnel issues over there. With the right loss, that team could fold on itself! And as much improved as Franks was from 2017 to 2018, he still had some brutal performances (Missouri). Hopefully we can make some noise in Gainesville this year! 

I think Miami's D is going to give him hell.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LSU is horrifically overrated. Burrow is trash and without the official's help it's likely last year would have gone a lot worse for the corndogs. They somehow beat Georgia and that's essentially their only other quality win. Honestly, UCF with McKenzie Milton likely beats LSU. (7-5) isn't all too unrealistic for that d-bag coach of theirs this year. They win because they have an amazing DC and solid OC and recruiting there is easier than passing an introductory class in college. Hope Texas embarrasses them.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

My guess is they're ranked due to Scott Frost plus their QB, Adrian Martinez, being on the Heisman watch list.  Not that I agree...

5 of their losses were by 5 points or less. Their offense did well for the year averaging 247yds passing per game and almost 210 rushing per game. Their defense was abysmal though. Allowed 31.3 ppg on the year (37ppg in their losses).

If Martinez can stay healthy, and Nebraska gets a bit more out of their defense, I bet you see them win 9-10 games next year! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

They’re battling some personnel issues over there. With the right loss, that team could fold on itself! And as much improved as Franks was from 2017 to 2018, he still had some brutal performances (Missouri). Hopefully we can make some noise in Gainesville this year! 

I think our defense eats Franks alive; that should be the decider quite FRANKly. My wife is a UF fan and we'll be in attendance... lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

5 of their losses were by 5 points or less. Their offense did well for the year averaging 247yds passing per game and almost 210 rushing per game. Their defense was abysmal though. Allowed 31.3 ppg on the year (37ppg in their losses).

If Martinez can stay healthy, and Nebraska gets a bit more out of their defense, I bet you see them win 9-10 games next year! 

Yup they played Ohio State within 5, Iowa within 3, and only lost to NW in overtime. I really wanted UCF to keep Frost somehow and once it was certain he was leaving I really wanted Auburn to snatch him up.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I think Miami's D is going to give him hell.

Yep! The U. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this