Auburn ranked by AP #16

Win4AU

Low enough to be under the radar...high enough to have a 1 loss buffer.

8 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

I know these polls are ultimately meaningless but lmao at Nebraska being ranked. 

I don't know...I feel Nebraska might win that division.  I think they're going to be pretty good fairly soon.

Just now, kennypowers said:

I don't know...I feel Nebraska might win that division.  I think they're going to be pretty good fairly soon.

They won four games last year. Come on. 

33 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Oregon comes in at No. 11.  Quite the slate for AU ...

Was really hoping they would be given a top 10 spot. 

24 minutes ago, logan adams said:

Was really hoping they would be given a top 10 spot. 

Wish they were top 5

1 hour ago, kennypowers said:

We won 3 games in 2012.

Yes but Nebraska has consistently been trending down. Not an exact apples to oranges comparison. 

Kind of is though.  We weren't exactly trending up.  They've got a good coach in his 2nd year with a lot of returning talent.

We had a 1st year unknown coach with a lot of returning talent.  Plus, they play in the freaking Big 10.

It'll all play out...I just need the season to get here, so it can be October and not want it to end.

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yes but Nebraska has consistently been trending down. Not an exact apples to oranges comparison. 

My guess is they're ranked due to Scott Frost plus their QB, Adrian Martinez, being on the Heisman watch list.  Not that I agree...

4 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

My guess is they're ranked due to Scott Frost plus their QB, Adrian Martinez, being on the Heisman watch list.  Not that I agree...

And they lost 5 games by 5 points or fewer. So they were fairly close to a 9 win season. I don’t see a top 25 team but they weren’t quite as bad as the W-L dictates.

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Still think Florida is very overrated 

They’re battling some personnel issues over there. With the right loss, that team could fold on itself! And as much improved as Franks was from 2017 to 2018, he still had some brutal performances (Missouri). Hopefully we can make some noise in Gainesville this year! 

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

Still think Florida is very overrated 

well we get to do something about it.

Auburn's schedule is absurd. Auburn plays a National Championship caliber game 6 times this season

9 minutes ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

They’re battling some personnel issues over there. With the right loss, that team could fold on itself! And as much improved as Franks was from 2017 to 2018, he still had some brutal performances (Missouri). Hopefully we can make some noise in Gainesville this year! 

I think Miami's D is going to give him hell.

LSU is horrifically overrated. Burrow is trash and without the official's help it's likely last year would have gone a lot worse for the corndogs. They somehow beat Georgia and that's essentially their only other quality win. Honestly, UCF with McKenzie Milton likely beats LSU. (7-5) isn't all too unrealistic for that d-bag coach of theirs this year. They win because they have an amazing DC and solid OC and recruiting there is easier than passing an introductory class in college. Hope Texas embarrasses them.

35 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

5 of their losses were by 5 points or less. Their offense did well for the year averaging 247yds passing per game and almost 210 rushing per game. Their defense was abysmal though. Allowed 31.3 ppg on the year (37ppg in their losses).

If Martinez can stay healthy, and Nebraska gets a bit more out of their defense, I bet you see them win 9-10 games next year! 

14 minutes ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

I think our defense eats Franks alive; that should be the decider quite FRANKly. My wife is a UF fan and we'll be in attendance... lol

1 minute ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

5 of their losses were by 5 points or less. Their offense did well for the year averaging 247yds passing per game and almost 210 rushing per game. Their defense was abysmal though. Allowed 31.3 ppg on the year (37ppg in their losses).

If Martinez can stay healthy, and Nebraska gets a bit more out of their defense, I bet you see them win 9-10 games next year! 

Yup they played Ohio State within 5, Iowa within 3, and only lost to NW in overtime. I really wanted UCF to keep Frost somehow and once it was certain he was leaving I really wanted Auburn to snatch him up.

Archived